Current track index

classicgameswi

TDI
Corrado TDI (WIP), 01 Jetta TDI (RIP)
Does anyone have a current track index like the old bentley manuals had, but for a mk4? I have one in my corrado manual, but not in the MK4 one. I find it very frustrating to follow the wiring diagrams just to find out that the wire dead ends to a number :confused:

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
classicgameswi said:
Does anyone have a current track index like the old bentley manuals had, but for a mk4? I have one in my corrado manual, but not in the MK4 one. I find it very frustrating to follow the wiring diagrams just to find out that the wire dead ends to a number :confused:
The number tells you where the wire continues to. Before I got knee deep in my 1st tdi's wiring diagrams I hadd the same problem...I hadn't learned to read the wiring diagrams.

Click on this PDF file (you will need to log into the TDIClub photo section 1st (separate registration is required) http://pics.tdiclub.com/data/517/DZSL_SLC_Wiring_4_Engine.pdf

Look at the 4/2 (97-91) wiring diagram that shows the battery. See the red wire on the far right. See that it ends at a boxed numbered 39? Now notice the numbers running across the bottom of the diagram but above the description of the symbols? Those are the current track numbers. The number in the box represents the current track number where the wire will reappear. At this point there is be a corsponding number in a box which will be 13. Scroll down to the wiring diagram 4/4 (97-93) in the PDF file and you will the red wire reapear above track 39 with a little box that says 13.

classicgameswi

TDI
Corrado TDI (WIP), 01 Jetta TDI (RIP)
Oh, THAT is how those work. It all makes sense now, you should put this on the sticky! Would have made following the wiring diagrams so much easier. The explanation in the book is not nearly as clear.

Alex