Cupholder ?

Driv'n EZ

Veteran Member
Will a cupholder assembly for a 2000 Jetta (A4 Jetta with old style cupholder) fit in a 1999 (A3 style) Jetta?

Thanks for the help. I've replaced my original old style cupholder with a new cupholder assembly and am selling the old one on eBay.

Oto

why in gods name would you want the a4 cup holder?!? That thing is lookin to get broke if I use it for anything over an 8oz cup, not to mention it hogs over my entire radio *mumble* bad bad bad spot for a stupid cup holder, and flimsy seeming too

tdi_veedub

Veteran Member
I agree. It seems my cupholder couldn't handle the 16oz Tim Horton's coffee cups either. Both sides are broken.

I think the problem lies with the little rubber pads that are on the sides. They grip the cup so when you pull it out, it puts added strain on it.

I had to take off the springy things, so I can retract the cupholder. But now the cup doesn't fit snug and if I take a "spirited" turn, I have to go home and change my pants

I wonder how much a new one costs.

Driv'n EZ

Veteran Member
Easy does it, I've upgraded from the 2000 A4 cup holder to the 2002 model. I'm SELLING the old one. Of course I don't expect anybody HERE to purchase it, but ... will it fit in an A3 Jetta?

Driv'n EZ

Veteran Member
I wonder how much a new one costs.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I paid 10.50 for mine. I've seen them go for anywhere from 15.00 to 45.00 on eBay. ... for the new version.

[ May 25, 2002, 10:52: Message edited by: Driv'n EZ ]