Cruise Control Checking (mk3/B4)

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
Ok so all of a sudden my CC is not working and I know several others are working on it. Here is the screen shoot of my Vag-Com to help the discussion of mine and hopefully others.

• Engaging the clutch pedal causes the Brake pedal F and the CC CL to change from a 0 to a 1
  • Engaging the brake pedal causes the Brake pedal F47 & F36 and the CC Br to change from a 0 to a 1
  • Turning the CC on and off Causes the CC and Cruise present to change from a 0 to a 1 as shown below
  • Pressing the ACC button on the side of the staulk causes the CC Ac to change from a 0 to a 1
  • Sliding the CC on/off button to the far left(reset) causes the Re to change from a zero to a 1
The only thing that I have not been able to change is the CC on that is the 2nd one from the right. How do I get this to change?

My Cruise was working fine right until I dropped my fusebox to look at it for referance when working on a friend's car. I've since dropped it back down and nothing looks out of place.

Any Input?

markward

Veteran Member
TDI
82 Vanagon and 2011 JSW
I am at work now. I have the cruise control working on my Vanagon with an ALH. I am using a switch from a Jetta. If no one chimes in by the end of the day, I can hookup my laptop and verify the operation in my VAG COM. To be honest, I did not realize the label corresponded to the cruise switch position. Cruise present from memory means the ECU is programmed to have cruise. I had to do that before my cruise would work through the VAG COM. mark

jjordan11

Veteran Member
TDI
1988 Audi 80 quattro PD130, 1982 Westfalia TDI
xxxxxx starting at the far left. spot 1=Clutch pedal operated, spot 2=brake pedal operated, 3=resume acceleration, 4=accelerate, 5=cruise control and memory switched off, and 6=cruise control and memory switched on.

Here are the values for the cruise control system for an alh. It looks like the second one over from the right is the cruise control and memory switched off spot. With the switch in the off position that value should be a 1 according to the repair manual.

Hope this helps.

Jon

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
ok sounds good. What part of the wiring schematic should I looking at to see what triggers the memory circuit?

jjordan11

Veteran Member
TDI
1988 Audi 80 quattro PD130, 1982 Westfalia TDI
It looks like cruise pins into the ecm are pins 14, 44, 45, and 46. 14 is the selector switch on/off. Set to off it should not have voltage, on should be battery voltage. 44 is the master switch released should be 0V, switch depressed should be bat. voltage. 45 (selector switched to on) set to on should be 0V., Res pressed should be battery voltage. 46 selector switched to off should be 0V., selector switch set to on should be battery voltage.

Kind of confusing right now for me w/o the cruise control stalk in front of me. I did some looking into it when I was debating on which system I was going to use for my conversion's cruise control.

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Spulen81 said:
I checked mine tonight and got exactly the same numbers. I couldn't get the 5th position to change at all either. I couldn't road test it..the car is on stands.

Older thread on CC does not mention that 5th position..
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=193855&highlight=cruise+control
thanks, that what I was looking for. I bet I know what the problem is now. I bet the ECU is not reading the speed. Time to go Vag-com test to confirm and then in the morning look for that Blue/white wire that needs to be pluged back in.

slapshotjh

Veteran Member
TDI
97 GLX B4V
I would like to hear how that turns out. I have a post in the a3/b4 forum about my cruise control problem. I have a vr6 b4v conversion that had working cruise and has since stopped. I have vag'd it and observed that is not reading a speed when moving down the road. All other switches appear to be working. I was also up in the fuse/relay board and may have accidentally bumped something.

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Last night the test was as expected the ECU was not reading the kmh.

This morning I dropped the fuse box and one blue wire with white stripe was not plugged into the blue wire junction box.

slapshotjh

Veteran Member
TDI
97 GLX B4V
G60ING said:
Last night the test was as expected the ECU was not reading the kmh.

This morning I dropped the fuse box and one blue wire with white stripe was not plugged into the blue wire junction box.
So did that fix it?

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI