Crank position sensor 1z

ctp13

TDI
03 Beetle
Hi all a bit confused ( as usual)
I can’t get fuel to injectors
Changed fuel filter to old no thermostatic tee type I can easily get fuel through pump via vacume
But it won’t go to injectors
If in the midst of this mechanical execorsize the CPS failed
Would that stop fuel from pumping ?
Thanks

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
The crank sensor on the AHU / 1Z (and others) is located just under the oil filter stand at the rear of the block. Where the red arrow points in this photograph.

Steve

ctp13

TDI
03 Beetle
The crank sensor on the AHU / 1Z (and others) is located just under the oil filter stand at the rear of the block. Where the red arrow points in this photograph.

Steve

Thanks Steve
I’ll look for it there if it stops raining here in Sacramento soon 😂

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
IIRC the connector for it (that thick wire hanging out front of the engine in the photo) mounts to a bracket up around the IP, and I think there should be a test for the sensor in the Bentley manual.

Steve

ctp13

TDI
03 Beetle
IIRC the connector for it (that thick wire hanging out front of the engine in the photo) mounts to a bracket up around the IP, and I think there should be a test for the sensor in the Bentley manual.

Steve
Sorry no Bentley - I do have Vagcom
But since it’s not running there’s less info stored to look at
I’ll search for a test of system

ToddA1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'96 B4V, '97 B4 (sold), '97 Jetta (scrapped)
VCDS should be able to see it, if you’re cranking and not starting.… Engine Speed Sensor (G28). Bentley states it should read between 1.0-1.5K ohms, between pins 1 and 2.

The last time I swapped one, they were pretty cheap… around $50.… 028 907 319B. Front mount needs to be removed to get to it.

-Todd