Craigslist: '99 Golf TDI for sale in MN

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle GLS TDI (BIODSL). 01 original Glow Bug TDI (sold)
Nice, about the least amount of info that can be given lol. Looks pretty clean though. He's just a gew miles from my place. I might just have to ask about it lol.

fatmobile

Veteran Member
TDI
an ALH M-TDI in a MK2, a 2000 Jetta, 2003 wagon
Then let us know more,.. like the price and what is really wrong with it.
It looks nice, the rockers aren't even rotted.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Waiting to hear back. Slightly suspicious as the pics aren't current or even from MN it doesn't look like (mtn/hill in the background). That and theres only 2 pics, seems that if its actually that clean they would be giving a better description.
Edit: Pretty sure those are old pictures of my neighbors golf.

Last edited:

fatmobile

Veteran Member
TDI
Some people are just lame/lazy at writing ads.
It sounds like he might think there is low oil pressure.
If you can hear the turbo whine when it starts up, there probably wasn't oil starvation.
The turbo is what goes first.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
I'll let you all know. Still can't get ahold of him. Have sent 2 emails just in case. Hoping its not gone and that they just haven't checked their email. Not even sure im interested but i always like having the chance of being interested😄

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Guy messeged back tonight saying 300k and 800$. Emailed him back now telling him i wanted to come see it and he said someone just bought it. kind of unfortunate as I had emailed him 4 times 2 times giving him my number (as people always seem to forget or not notice). oh well.

Last edited:

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Right? I'm kinda bummed he didn't even call/text me. Granted I didn't see the car, but still. I'm like dude I left a number with you and said I was interested multiple times for a reason...
Honestly thought emailing someone 4 times without a response was excessive, but because it was in the area I really wanted to know. Maybe there was someone in head of me that he got ahold of then was just getting the ball rolling with me in case that person passed. ugh I saw the price then I was super interested, just to be told its gone...:cry:
Oh well, guess its not the car for me. Hoping it wasn't the guy up the road with a same color golf. I haven't got a chance to get up there and I still want to try and buy that off him (round 2 lol). I'll know for certain weather I lost my chance or not tomorrow.

Last edited:

Bradm

Veteran Member
TDI
02,03,05, Jetta 99.5 Golf
Thats how it goes sometimes. Hopefully someone who will take care of it, it looked really clean.
good luck. I recently acquired a 05 sedan the same way, i talked to the guy for a bit and turns out he was a big enthusiast as well. He wasn’t ready at the time but he just stopped by the other day ( about 6 months later) and said he was ready to sell me it because his wife and him can no longer work the clutch, (there in their 80s)he bought it new and maintenance has been up to date. Anyways sometimes all they need it that bug in their ear

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
It was my neighbors that I tried buying a few months ago. So bummed I missed out. It wasn't clean as in the pics, but still a good car. Ran and drove. It needed a new oil cooler seal, and a couple other small things. Definitely needed a timing belt, but overall a good car. 100% worth 800$ someone got lucky!

fatmobile

Veteran Member
TDI
So bummed you didn't get it.
Especially hearing it was just up the road from you and you had talked to him.