cracked windshield

Ptrdavies

TDI
Jetta
So I just took another rock to my windshield, and this is the 3rd windshield I will replace in 1 and 1/2 years. I'm thinking about taking it to a glass shop to see if it can be repaired first. Anyone know of a good shop/company in Colorado Springs? Everyone says they can do it, but most cannot do a good job.

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
if it has a crack, then that can't be repaired. stonechips can be repaired, as long as they haven't started to star out, and that the size of the chip is no bigger than a nickel.

Most glass companies can fill a stone chip competently enough.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle GLS TDI (BIODSL). 01 original Glow Bug TDI (sold)
You can get kits online where you drill a hole through the top layer of glass at the end of the crack, inject a liquid resin into the crack of the glass and seal it off. Won't fix it but can stop it from the crack getting larger and will make it less noticable. My friend and i did this on his 2019 chevy 2500 for 25-30$ and it worked great. It won't always work depending on how the glass is cracked, but if its small enough it can.

Jami26

TDI
mazda 2
So I just took another rock to my windshield, and this is the 3rd windshield I will replace in 1 and 1/2 years. I'm thinking about taking it to a glass shop to see if it can be repaired first. Anyone know of a good shop/company in Colorado Springs? Everyone says they can do it, but most cannot do a good job.

It can be frustrating to deal with frequent windshield damage, but exploring your options for repair can save you time and money in the long run. It's a good idea to take your vehicle to a reputable glass shop to assess the damage and determine if a repair is possible.

If the damage is minor, a windshield repair kit from Crack Eraser https://crackeraser.com/collections/all-windshield-repair-kits may be a good option to consider. Their kits are designed to provide a professional-quality repair that can fix cracks up to six inches long. While some glass shops may offer repair services, using a kit can be a cost-effective alternative and may save you from having to replace the entire windshield.