CR170 EGT Gauge & Probe

-:vw:-

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 SportWagen
Can the EGR blank be tapped on the CR170 for an EGT probe?

If so what probe has been used to get a good reading?

Anyone give this a go yet?

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 SportWagen
Since this particular question seems to be a dud, let me ask this.

Is it not possible to simply tie into the OEM probe already in the turbo manifold to tie signal to a gauge??

ksing44

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
P3Cars makes a gauge that reads boost with or without a probe, so I think it does exactly what you're asking. It's not an inexpensive gauge, but it's beautifully executed the way it's integrated into the vent and matches the VW colors. It also measures other things like EGT and it can display and clear fault codes. I have one and love it. I use it to monitor EGT for regen activity.

P3Cars Volkswagen Gauges

My gauge in my Golf showing coolant temperature

on Flickr

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 SportWagen
That's pretty slick. I'll take a look, thank you.

Regarding cost a good VDO EGT gauge, probe and dual gauge pod runs about $250.

Last edited:

ksing44

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
Best of luck! I think the new ones look even nicer with white lettering and red bars. Mine is the original in all red. They said they would swap just the screen for me at a reduced cost, but so far I didn't follow-up even though I really like the newer look. One of these days! Maybe at 200K miles along with some other things to make it feel fresh. Maybe even a tune!

pipesta

TDI
'14 JSW TDi 6MT
I opted for the Polar FIS since I wanted a factory look as it uses the MFD. Has a ton of parameters you can monitor.

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
The polar is well worth it. Its too bad the mk6 itself doesn't support oil and Egr temps