CPO Dealer Pano Drain TubeCleaning '13 JSW

upsbroke

Veteran Member
TDI
98 NB and '13 JSW
had an appt. to have the start button replaced under CPO on my '13 JSW this morning and I suspected by the moisture on the inside of my windshield that my pano drain tubes needed clearing also. Not knowing the time it would take- the service writer said it would be $120 and I hesitantly agreed in order to save any possible damage. Anyway, 20 minutes later they bring the car back with the job done. They usually send me an email for a service review and now I'm trying to ut my words together for this "rape."

borninabus

Veteran Member
TDI
-2013 JSW 6MT- -2006 Jetta DSG-
did you communicate your concern to them (specifically) about the potentially clogged drain tubes?

borninabus

Veteran Member
TDI
-2013 JSW 6MT- -2006 Jetta DSG-
maybe you should talk to the service manager then.

i've never been a dealership car person, until now. in my limited experience i have seen that of the 3 dealership service depts available to me, one is just plain bad, one is ok, and one is top notch.

be persistent. find a new dealer or person in the service dept who you like and seems like they know what they are talking about. there are also "authorized service centers" that are an indy business, but can perform warrantee service. i deal with one who i like sometimes because they are a little more lenient about my car's "special" needs.

upsbroke

Veteran Member
TDI
98 NB and '13 JSW
For the guys that have '13 JSW's- I'm trying to find the exit point for the pano drain hoses in front. On YouTube- a bunch of exit points are shown on the various years.

mikerob97

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen
On my 2014, they are at the base of the windshield under the cowling. They get clogged quite easily.