CP3 pump install - it’s installed

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
Pretty sure in the original CP3 thread from 2micron, they determined the CP3 did not need to be timed at all. Mine doesn't have any timing tab/pointer.
@JDM Mike 02 2365vklr in my signature

pedroYUL

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 wagon BEW; 2015 Passat CVCA; 2015 GSW CRUA
CP3 has two pistons, right? So. then to which pump piston stroke would one time the engine?

I guess it is either not critical to lock/time the CP4, or by luck I did not move it when I did my CVCA timing belt, because my car runs perfectly okay, same as before the TB job....knock on wood

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
Go back a page and look at @TurboABA 's video of the CP3 pump internals.
And the erWin manual for CVCA/CRUA mentions the timing tab does not need to be perfect when tensioning the belt for the CP4.1

greengeeker

Vendor
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
CP3 has two pistons, right?
I guess it is either not critical to lock/time the CP4, or by luck I did not move it when I did my CVCA timing belt, because my car runs perfectly okay, same as before the TB job....knock on wood
3 pistons. I agree, not critical. In my example, the HPFP timing affected NVH of the geartrain.

JDM Mike 02

TDI
2015 Golf TDI, 2006 Jetta TDI, 1996 Jetta GLS
Added a Nicktane filter kit and rawtek delete.. I’ve put almost 3,000 miles on this setup and I’ve been averaging 52mpg to work (commute from PA to NYC) very pleased with everything.
Need to get a little barb fitting so I can delete that def injector

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
Nice little setup, does that filter come with a bracket, or did you modify the stock one?
The coolant lines for the DEF injector, I used coolant caps to block off back at the hard-line in front of the fuel pump. They're not real easy to get at though!

JDM Mike 02

TDI
2015 Golf TDI, 2006 Jetta TDI, 1996 Jetta GLS
Nice little setup, does that filter come with a bracket, or did you modify the stock one?
The coolant lines for the DEF injector, I used coolant caps to block off back at the hard-line in front of the fuel pump. They're not real easy to get at though!
it came with a bracket that didn’t work on my car. Perhaps it works on previous gen TDIs? I just drilled out the spot welds on the factory bracket and filter housing and used that.
Thanks I’ll try that.. would have been pretty easy when I have the front clip off.. not so much now..