CP3 fuel pump upgrade thread

da.hs

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf, DSG, silver (from new). 2010 Audi Q7 (from 2016), 2004 Touareg V10 (from 2018)
Would still need the 2Micron kit too, of course

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
Your best bet is to keep a eye on for sale thread on here because some has gone thru the buyback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adrian537

TDI
2014 vw jetta sportwagen tdi
any updates on the CP3 pump conversions? nobody has them for sale.
who knows how to do the CP3 install in Los Angeles area?

Max Power

TDI
On #8
Last year I bought a never installed CP3 pump and 2micron kit from Parker O'Bryant (peobryant on here). My mistake was that I wasn't ready for it yet so I didn't even open it. Last month it was time for the timing belt on my '11 JSW and when I opened the CP3 box, the aluminum filter head was missing. I emailed the seller and, only after a second email with much stronger wording, he responded that he "had no idea what could have happened to it". Maybe I'm too trusting but I have bought and sold many things on tdiclub and I have never had a bad experience.
I contacted Andrew thinking that I would just have to buy another filter head. He informed me that, unfortunately, he is no longer making the conversion kits. I didn't have much choice but to install the CP3 and use my stock filter. I'm not too worried because of the reliability of the pump but I would like to have a 1 or 2 micron filter (that is what I paid for after all). I may end up getting the CAT filter head or something similar.
Good luck to everyone who is looking for one. I really like how it runs and the peace of mind. Hopefully GDM or someone will start making them.
P.S. Don't buy anything from peobryant!

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
Wow so sorry to hear about your experience with peobryant.... :( yeah I did the same route with CP3 and no 2micron filter kit. It worked fine in my old JSW.

ksing44

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
I don't think you need the extra filtration with the new CP3 pump. It doesn't hurt anything, but I don't think it's necessary at all. In fact, I sometimes wish I didn't have the extra filter. I think I'd prefer a more stock installation and no concern about the extra plumbing. I only know one shop where I'd trust them to change the second filter, and it's not close to home. They say the second filter is good for 100K miles, so at least I don't have to worry about it for a while. I think I might get it changed at 40K intervals, every other regular fuel filter change.

mrorganic

TDI
2012 Jetta Sportwagon
Did you try Rufre in Spain? Andrew referred me there about a year ago. I think it was a couple of weeks from initial enquiry until they had stock in.

"info at rufre dot com" Quote.

I went to the Rufre web site but hard for me to figure out if they have the correct CP3 pump for a VW. Might help if we new the Bosch number, does any one have the Bosch number?

bobt2382

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2010 CW GOLF 4DR 6MT TDI
Did you try Rufre in Spain? Andrew referred me there about a year ago. I think it was a couple of weeks from initial enquiry until they had stock in.

"info at rufre dot com" Quote.

I went to the Rufre web site but hard for me to figure out if they have the correct CP3 pump for a VW. Might help if we new the Bosch number, does any one have the Bosch number?

Andrew ordered me a remanufactured CP3 almost 2 years ago. The invoice indicates part number:

0445010042R

I found the pump on their website. The website shows a P/N 0445010042 (without the R). So I assume the R indicates a remanufactured pump.

http://www.rufre.com/DetalleArticulo.aspx/en/58368/

adrian537

TDI
did you ever get the price from Rufre? i wonder if they have new pumps or just reconditioned pumps. i also wonder if they have the retrofit installation kits.

Last edited:

bobt2382

TDI
2010 CW GOLF 4DR 6MT TDI
did you ever get the price from Rufre? i wonder if they have new pumps or just reconditioned pumps. i also wonder if they have the retrofit installation kits.
Adrian,
Yes I did. They sent me an invoice for the remanufactured pump and the direct shipping to my home in Euros. I paid with a credit card. The pump was around 500 euros and shipping was 70.

I bought the installation kit from Andrew.

I checked last night on FixMyVW"dot"com for the pump and installation kit. I was directed to their new website and couldn't locate the pump or installation kit.

Bob

bobt2382

TDI
2010 CW GOLF 4DR 6MT TDI
how much was the installation kit alone?
IRC, right around $450. I ordered the option for a 1 micron filter head since I have his 2 micron filter kit. The conversion kit alone was cheaper, but I don't remember what that cost was.

adrian537

TDI
it appears that there are 2 places that carry the pump. darwendiesels dot com in UK and rufre dot com in Spain. none of them have any type of installation retrofit kit available.

darwendiesels said £215.00 GBP plus £40.00 GBP shipping to USA.

rufre did not respond as with a price of yet.

i wish someone could confirm that 0445 010 043 is indeed the CP3 pump everyone's been using on the CJAA motor. and to confirm that if the part number has the letter R at the end it means its refurbished.

i remember reading somewhere about being careful about which CP3 pump you're getting because of the difference of the rotation direction.

so you paid $450 for the 2micron filtration device. i was curious about the installation retrofit kit required to install just the CP3 pump. i already have the 2micron PureFlow kit installed, plus some people that install the CP3 pump do it without the need for the 2micron filtration kit

Last edited:

bobt2382

TDI
2010 CW GOLF 4DR 6MT TDI
it appears that there are 2 places that carry the pump. darwendiesels dot com in UK and rufre dot com in Spain. none of them have any type of installation retrofit kit available.

darwendiesels said £215.00 GBP plus £40.00 GBP shipping to USA.

rufre did not respond as with a price of yet.

i wish someone could confirm that 0445 010 043 is indeed the CP3 pump everyone's been using on the CJAA motor. and to confirm that if the part number has the letter R at the end it means its refurbished.

i remember reading somewhere about being careful about which CP3 pump you're getting because of the difference of the rotation direction.

so you paid $450 for the 2micron filtration device. i was curious about the installation retrofit kit required to install just the CP3 pump. i already have the 2micron PureFlow kit installed, plus some people that install the CP3 pump do it without the need for the 2micron filtration kit

I've had the filtration device since Andrew started making them and I don't remember the cost. I was one of the original test vehicles for those kits.

Good point about the rotation of the pump. I also vaguely remember reading about that.

bobt2382

TDI
2010 CW GOLF 4DR 6MT TDI

Adrian,

I just sent you an email with a pic of the label from my CP3 pump. I sent the email as I can no longer get the imaging hosting on TDIclub to function.

Bob

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
I was told that 2micron stopped making the kits, because dieselgate nearly bankrupted him, from the main populace deciding to trade in perfectly good cars over, well, you know. Enough of my soapbox.

Anyways, I'm thankful I have mine installed, but I would've loved another one for a second CJAA I'm purchasing, and possibly for a Mk7. I know darkside developments has one, but no clue if it has the mounting bracket.

Andrew at tunemyeuro says he's out of stock and won't be getting anymore.

I got lucky and a deer ran into my Golf, which funded my purchase of the CP3. (Because I did my own body work, and saved about $1600) Turbobrick240 knows; it happened a mile away from his farm!

mikec944

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf w/Tech
Maybe we can get a group buy set up to make more. I was waiting to buy one within the next year when my timing belt is due.

adrian537

TDI
i was looking at Darkside Developments at their CP3 and it states:
Kit Includes:

CP3 Pump (Choose from options above)​
1 x Pump Adaptor
1 x Sprocket Adapter hub
2 x Alloy banjo fittings
1 x Wiring Connector
Fixing Kit

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
It would sure be nice to get one. I'm curious as to how comparable Darkside's kit is. I personally like Darkside, although I was shocked to hear some negative comments from those on the facebook TDI forum (I take 95% of the TDI posts on there with a grain of salt though, even from respected vendors).

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
Yep same here. I so wish TDI scandal didn’t happen then we wouldn’t be suffering with lack of CP3 like we are now. Thanks EPA.

It would sure be nice to get one. I'm curious as to how comparable Darkside's kit is. I personally like Darkside, although I was shocked to hear some negative comments from those on the facebook TDI forum (I take 95% of the TDI posts on there with a grain of salt though, even from respected vendors).

adrian537

TDI
i would like to know how many people here had run their CP3 pumps with stock tune? in stock mode?

reason for asking is when i go for the smog test the car has to be reverted back to stock tune.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
Actually with Malone you can have stock tune to back you up before going to the smog station to have testing done. That way you wouldn’t void your warranty if you go to vw stealership if you have stock pump that is.

adrian537

TDI
i have the KermaTDI tune and i can revert to stock tune that's not a problem.

as far as going to the VW dealership is concerned i'm only going there now because i'm still under the extended warranty received after i got the "fix".

my question/concern is more in the scenario that i have to drive in stock mode/stock tune for smog purposes. last time i switched from tune to stock i had to drive approximately 800 miles during a 2 week span for the readiness codes to be ok so i could pass smog.

could i drive that much with a CP3 pump in stock mode?

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
Yes its pretty much 3 piston mechanical pump. Nothing on the performance gain but much smoother on starting and stronger and smoother acceleration as far as I know. If you tune her, that CP3 would handle it just fine.

I had CP3 in my old 2011 JSW with malone stage 2 tune.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
Yep same here. I so wish TDI scandal didn’t happen then we wouldn’t be suffering with lack of CP3 like we are now. Thanks EPA.
Don't forget the treehuggers at CARB/AQMD in Commiefornia. They had a large part of dieselgate and the "fix." More like the "broken".

i would like to know how many people here had run their CP3 pumps with stock tune? in stock mode?

reason for asking is when i go for the smog test the car has to be reverted back to stock tune.
Did you delete anything else on your car? Because if you did a DPF delete or EGR delete, your dash should light up like a Christmas tree if you revert back to stock. If you have all that crap still, you should be okay. I don't envy you living in So Cal. I did that for 33 years and got out when I could!

Last edited:

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
Yup! I am so grateful that I moved the heck outta of Commieifornia. I was born and raised from 1979-2000 and couldn’t stand living there anymore. It was awesome in 1980’s. Sad.... I am living in Florida. No emissions. Not worried about dpf delete and tune and cp3 down the road.

adrian537

TDI
i did not delete anything such as DPF or EGR. there are only 2 reasons stopping me from doing the CP3 conversion today. 1 is lacking a good tdi mechanic in los angeles area that is fairly comfortable with this kind of conversion and 2 is the extended warranty that VW gave me after receiving the "fix" which would be canceled if VW dealer would see a CP3 pump under my hood.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
i did not delete anything such as DPF or EGR. there are only 2 reasons stopping me from doing the CP3 conversion today. 1 is lacking a good tdi mechanic in los angeles area that is fairly comfortable with this kind of conversion and 2 is the extended warranty that VW gave me after receiving the "fix" which would be canceled if VW dealer would see a CP3 pump under my hood.
I know of at least one person who was able to get the fix applied to their cp3 outfitted car - so warranty troubles aren't necessarily a given. The pump works great with the stock tune. I can understand why some mechanics are hesitant, but it's a very simple bolt on swap. It might have added 45 minutes to my timing belt job when I installed mine.

Max Power

TDI
On #8
I've been running the CP3 on the stock "fixed" tune for about a month now and it's unnoticeable (other than the slight gear whine). I'll be doing deletes and
a tune before long but I see no reason why you couldn't run it stock indefinitely.
Cheers!