Counter hammer mod??! I want smoke...and power :-)

Andrei Rinea

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Tiguan 4Motion 2.0 TDI 170HP (engine CBBB)

How useful could this little hammer be for the hammer mod? I imagine it could move a little more precise the whole electronic thing on top of the pump.

My main problem is that I had an unintentional hammer mod which kinda left me on the "lean side" and I feel I lost some power. I have Kerma Sprint 520 and a custom chip (Race2000), I also have a turbo downpipe (2.25") - no cat no mufflers and I can't make the car smoke so my thought was that it doesn't have enough fuel.

I had dirt in the pump, the electronic thinggie on top of it and then when the guy had to put it back he said it should get the pump off the engine and put it on a bench to fine tune the flow of the pump and it would cost me something like 300$ or 30$ to "hammer mod" it back. So I went with the 2nd option... anyways.. shouldn't a car like mine smoke AT LEAST at WOT??! it doesn't.. not even at night when I watch the headlights after me...

I want to smoke !!!
I understand that I have to hammer it towards the driver (B4 Variant 1Z engine), right?

I'll get a VAG-COM and after a hammering I will set the IQ back down (higher flow) and then hammer again and set IQ back again and so on watching the idle RPM and floor it from time to time in neutral to see how much smoke comes off the tailpipe.

Any comments, advices, welcome
)

PS: The DVD under the little hammer is the 2004 Pikes Peak International Hill Climb that came with the SPrints 520. I'm proud of it.

ender

TDI
Octavia ALH TDI
Re: Counter hammer mod??! I want smoke...and power

You can't smoke because we have a very good fuel here in Romania. OMV Super Euro diesel have 50ppm sulphur and Premium Diesel have 15ppm sulphur contents so you can say is sulphur-free fuel like biodiesel.
I think is enough to adjust IQ to lower level to obtain similar effect like hammering the pump

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf

Let me say this about so called super diesel or at least the new shell optimax ,there's something in it that stops your car from smoking alright and also performing.
I have been using this fuel in both my mk3 golf and the A6 V6 audi and have now stopped using it when i found both cars 1 running crap and 2 down on power infact i have only been taking the golf out once a week because of my new monster 1.2 fiat punto (company car) so when i found my self in the golf having some fun on the motor/free way and almost out of fuel i had to pull off at the next fueling station and yep you guest it was shell so i only put in £20 to put me on ,

The instant change to the performance was apparent and where just min's before when going to wot it smoke and pulled like a f train.... now not as much and just a fine haze.

ender

TDI
Octavia ALH TDI

I'll prefer a low sulphur fuel for problem-free intake and/or VNT mechanism even if I know that power will be not so high like with 350ppm Euro3 diesel or with crappy 0.2% farm diesel

Andrei Rinea

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Tiguan 4Motion 2.0 TDI 170HP (engine CBBB)

Exactly my point mojo... It doesn't feel that oomph. My ECU doesn't throw a code if I block mechanically the EGR and my turbo is wastegated (no VNT mechanism here). In other words smoke doesn't concern me. I feel the car is underfueled therefore I want to fuel it more. VAG-COM adaptation is just a fine tune but I'll probably need more than that.