Cornfed

cornfedmt

TDI
2011 Jetta DSG TDI LE
I have a 2011 Jetta TDI bought in April. As with most TDIs it has a lot of options that came with it to include one of my personal favorites the bluetooth,and that is where I am having problems. When I first bought the
car, I linked my Samsung Captivate Phone to the car and it worked wonderfully. Since then, I have updated my phone software from a 2.1 froyo to a 2.2 froyo and ever since that update my car will not stay linked to the phone. I called Samsung to see if there was something wrong with the software and they told me that the car has to be updated also. Then I talked with Volkswagen Company Customer Care and they told me that the updates would be sent out near the end of the year in bulk to cover all cars. I've already paid for the vehicle and therefore have an option that I cannot use but have paid for. I've talked with my dealership and they are trying to find an alternative way to fix the problem but have not been able to do so yet. If anyone out there has run into the same problem and has a fix, I'd appreciate an urgent reply. Thanks.
P.S. I have already tried the process of turning the radio and the car off and then turning the phone off and removing the battery, then turning the car on and the radio on and replacing the battery and turning the phone back on -- to no avail. That was Volkswagen's only suggestion.

ToeBall

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 VW Jetta Wagon TDI
Get an iphone, mine works great. I also upgrade to the 9w module.

All the 2011's on already come with a 9w7 module. Your car came with either a 9w2 or a 9w3 and you upgraded it. There isn't a 9w module as far as I know, however. Either way the phone worked fine until the update. Unlike an Apple product, you can easily downgrade an Android, which would be a whole lot cheaper than spending $400+ on an iPhone.

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
The car isn't the problem, the phone update is. Roll back the phone software to the last version that worked well....

Bill

Tdi/gti kid

TDI
2011 Jetta Tdi
So I have a iPhone but it won’t connect via Bluetooth. Any ideas why not? Heard I believe in different forum is disconnect module under passenger seat and reconnect to see if anything was loose. Is this true?