Coolant leak passenger rear of engine need help!

Jm4n_89

TDI
Passat B7
I'm leaking coolant so much so that the low coolant light comes on every 4 or 5 days I could find leak untill I jacked up the car to install coilovers I took some pictures just wondering if any one has in put on what this is leaking ? I will post pictures the leak is on the passenger side on the rear side of the The engine.

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
Water pump, coolant ball or either hose leading to the coolant ball, heater hoses, you’ll need to take a look.

red4kcsq

TDI
14 Passat SEL
Just had my water pump replaced because it was leaking (@70k miles). The coolant was making its way on the accessory drive pulley and getting slung everywhere.

The repair was covered under CPO. Also had a timing belt kit installed while they were in there.

06bluebeetletdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 Passat TDI SEL and '13 Beetle TDI
Did the same thing to mine at 53k under powertrain, vw covered pumps and both belts (coolant contamination), I paid for tensioner and rollers.

Jm4n_89

TDI
Passat B7
Water pump, coolant ball or either hose leading to the coolant ball, heater hoses, you’ll need to take a look.
Looked at coolant ball and hoses they good and don't have any crust like where you would see leaking coolant , what heater hose are you taking about the one that goes to the heater core?

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
Yes, the heater hoses go through the firewall there, also keep in mind that if you have any kind of skid plate or under car dust shield the leak could be on the other side of the car and just coming out on the passenger side.

wsc

TDI
99.5 Jetta, 06 Jetta (Totaled), 14 Passat.
Solids in the system erode out the plastic elbows going into the fire wall. It will also erode out the plastic part of the oil cooler water jacket and make the o ring leak on the front of the engine. I wish I could figure out how to post pics of my eroded parts and the solids I got out of my system.

wsc

TDI
99.5 Jetta, 06 Jetta (Totaled), 14 Passat.

60,000 miles, the elbows and heater core went out.

70,000 miles the oil cooler eroded out,

Dug lots of this tuff out of the block,

80,000 miles the water pump went out.

Flush your systems!