Cool little CR TDI features you have discovered....

RNDDUDE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
OK, perhaps time for a more upbeat thread while we wait for out HPFP to explode, or our intercoolers to become reservoirs. Please share your findings.
Mine...today my first trip in the rain, playing with different wiper settings and I discovered when the wipers are on continuously (not on intermittant), that when I came to a full stop, the wipers switched automatically to intermittant, until I took off and they resumed continuous operation. How neat is that?!:D

jetlagmech

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 jetta
There are a few threads for this subject but thats ok, its nice to read a new thread thats not on problems. The coolest thing I found on mine I knew was there just like everybody else but never experienced its use before.....The ESP....

Was on a winding mountain pass just after an Ice storm (Chinook pass hiway 410 in Washington state, this pass is narrow 2 lane, steep hillsides, and no guardrails in many areas but a beautiful drive) was all alone on road and driving careful, going around corner and the back end I could feel starting to slide out, then felt and heard the brakes start cycling and the back end just put itself right in place again with no input from me, I knew better than to touch my brakes.

Like I said I read the owners manual and knew this feature was in the car but never felt it work before. Have never felt it work since either. But nice to know its there and really works. Mich XI ice II tires.

Too much stuff in owners manual to absorb it all and I found not to expect the salesman or service dept to know anything about the features in this car.

RNDDUDE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
40x40...Thanks for the thread link, I just didn't remember where it was, and someone DID comment on the wiper feature also. I know the manual probably lists all the neat stuff, but I must comment that the owners manual is VERY tedious to get thru, and this is from a guy who used to write technical manuals. I suppose it's the lawyers influence.

TDiSkater

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG Salsa Red
OK, perhaps time for a more upbeat thread while we wait for out HPFP to explode, or our intercoolers to become reservoirs. Please share your findings.
Mine...today my first trip in the rain, playing with different wiper settings and I discovered when the wipers are on continuously (not on intermittant), that when I came to a full stop, the wipers switched automatically to intermittant, until I took off and they resumed continuous operation. How neat is that?!:D
Wow, if that excites you, just wait until you shift into reverse from park when your front wipers are operating. I won't spoil it for you. ;)

Last edited:

jima1

TDI
'05 Golf, 5-speed automatic
[...] when I came to a full stop, the wipers switched automatically to intermittant [...] :D
Really? That's the best we have for upbeat comments on JSW? My 03 Honda Odyssey does that too, lol. I was thinking about selling my 05 golf to move up to a JSW, but not so sure. Besides needing a little more size, is there anything more compelling about the JSW compared to what I've got?

TDiSkater

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG Salsa Red
Hey if you leave a door Or hood unsecured, the horn lock feature won't beep. Does your 05 do that ;)

I'm punchy today, sorry

Okay, I can't stop. How about the wiper blade shift at shut off to keep pressure off a constant side of the blade. Now that's sweet.

Last edited:

tdi90hp

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6 speed(gone but NEVER forgotten)
Hey if you leave a door Or hood unsecured, the horn lock feature won't beep. Does your 05 do that ;)

I'm punchy today, sorry

Okay, I can't stop. How about the wiper blade shift at shut off to keep pressure off a constant side of the blade. Now that's sweet.
never knew.....

tdi90hp

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6 speed(gone but NEVER forgotten)
bring on the threads with positive stuff about CRs.....Hey here is one.....neat little coat hook for my sport or suit jacket on backside of headrest.....use it most work days....

frugality

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none, 2016 GTI
O.K., here's a multiple-choice quiz.

Which of the following is true about your Dub?:

a) Has an electric heater in the HVAC system to give you pee-warm air within minutes.

b) Has an annoying chime and indicator on the MFD that tell you that it's 39 degrees out, the road is going to freeze, and you're going to lose control and slide under a semi and be decapitated at any moment.

c) Has an annoying chime and indicator on the MFD that tells you EVERY time you start the car from 1500 miles before the 10k service up until the time you reset the indicator that your service is due. Because you're really THAT much of a dumb-arse.

d) All of the above.

tominmaggie

TDI
2010 JSW - traded it 12/31/11 for 2012 model
O.K., here's a multiple-choice quiz.

Which of the following is true about your Dub?:

a) Has an electric heater in the HVAC system to give you pee-warm air within minutes.

Oh My, thank goodness my car does NOT have this feature. I get warm air, sure, but pee-warm? eeewwww.:eek: