Convoy from West Coast to Tdi Fest - Anyone?

NewTdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Bora, Reflex Silver
I wanted to get an idea of how many Westerners will be going cross country and into Montreal ... I am looking at 2928 miles each way and going through the US on highway 80 Nevada, Utah, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois then up to Toronto ...

Last edited:

EVONELLY

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2006 Touareg TDI
We drove across the country last year to tdifest. It was fun but I won't do it again. This year we will fly as there was noticable wear and tear on the Golf.

drkblujetta

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Audi A4 ALH TDI
Darn.....that's a LOOONG drive.....

I'd love to do it but sounds like alot of work driving (California is bad enough let alone MTL):eek:

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
NewTdi said:
I wanted to get an idea of how many Westerners will be going cross country and into Montreal ... I am looking at 2928 miles each way and going through the US on highway 80 Nevada, Utah, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois then up to Toronto ...
i would be so stoked if you guys would make that trip and come to Montreal. I could introduce you to all my East Coast friends... oh the fun that will ensue... :):D;):p

do it... do it... do it...
(not that i'm biased or anything, being on the fest committee and all...) :rolleyes:

drkblujetta

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Audi A4 ALH TDI
Zippy

Do you figure the TDI Fest will make it out west? B.C. WA OR CA:confused:

doc_m

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
All the people need to do is submit for the next fest, be awesome if it were bc or wa.... but alot of the people are out east i think? perhaps why they are always out that way....

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
drkblujetta said:
Zippy

Do you figure the TDI Fest will make it out west? B.C. WA OR CA:confused:
It will if club members in that area want to volunteer their time and effort to host one! :) The reason why it's always east, is b/c the east coast has been the most active in doing the footwork to show they want to host it! If you want it, plan it. See the proposal thread that was posted in the Fest2007 section! We'd love to have it out west! :D

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
PS - anyone out west want to register? even if you're not planning on attending, the registration fee is a donation to the site, so if you want to donate for the fest if you can't make it, we accept donations too! :D

drkblujetta

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Audi A4 ALH TDI
How do I help this thing come back west????:D:D I could help :)

I think we have a TON of TDI folks out this way that would love an opportunity to be part of a huge event!!!!

We are certainly not short of venues, attractions, and Diesel interests:cool:

Zippy_car said:
It will if club members in that area want to volunteer their time and effort to host one! :) The reason why it's always east, is b/c the east coast has been the most active in doing the footwork to show they want to host it! If you want it, plan it. See the proposal thread that was posted in the Fest2007 section! We'd love to have it out west! :D