Control arm sleeve, I’m an idiot.

AllenAlic

TDI
05 Passat TDI Wagon
Changed all the front end components. Turns out I didn’t realize the lower control arm taper has a sleeve. Passenger side sleeve must be on the old control arm which was thrown away. New control arm is trashed and I can’t find any sleeves on the market. Junk yard is my best bet I’m thinking unless y’all got any ideas on where to get one. Driver side is good at least, the one time I clean up after a job, throw old parts away and look what happens 🤦‍♂️

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
Which control arm? There are four per side. Driver, passenger, upper, lower, front and rear.

PickleRick

Veteran Member
TDI
05 GLS BHW sedan 5 speed conversion. BHW Carver SantaCruz in progress
If you need one I can aee if one is still attached on the control arm I have removed from one of my passats.

AllenAlic

TDI
05 Passat TDI Wagon
Yes, I have something coming for Germany but if you have one I’d buy it from you.

PickleRick

Veteran Member
TDI
05 GLS BHW sedan 5 speed conversion. BHW Carver SantaCruz in progress
You're in luck...kinda. Have one but it's still stuck on the rear lower control arm. I can send you the entire arm and you can fight to get the joker off, I've removed them before and it's usually time consuming. I'm not sure of your location, im in upstate south carolina. PM me shipping details and a contact number. I can remove it tonight and ship it out Tuesday USPS

AllenAlic

TDI
05 Passat TDI Wagon
Fixed, if anyone finds themselves in this situation hit up this guy on eBay, GunDesign, perfect fit, and quick shipping even from Germany.