Control arm bushings replaced at 15k miles

cardinalkellz

TDI
2012 Golf TDI
So I had been noticing ever since it got cold that when I hit large bumps (like the speed bumps I drive over every day) there would be a crunch or creaking noise coming from the front end. I did a little research and found out that on the MkV GTI's, they had issues with the control arm bushings wearing out early, and it sounded like the exact issue I had.

After dealing with the noise for about a month (I thought I was crazy at first, then my wife told me she noticed it), I finally took it to the dealer. Sure enough, both driver and passenger side control arm bushings were worn at just 15,000 miles. Dealer replaced under warranty in about 3 hours.

While I'm glad it's fixed, I'm just a little bummed that I had a failure so early, and one that seems to be fairly regular, especially on the previous generation. According to the forums over at VWVortex, VW even went so far as to issue a TSB for this issue. They know it's a problem and it doesn't sound like they've really fixed it. Anyone else had experience with this?

gumaku1

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Sportwagen TDI - DSG
Can you post a link to the TSB? I would like to see what cars are affected.

Tekd85

TDI
mk6 golf
I have 13000 KM on mine and have noticed the same thing...my MK5 GLI did the exact same thing...hmmm