Continuing COVID changing your driving habits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Interesting thread ..... good points to ponder

Here are a few other interesting things to potentially consider ...

1) Thalidimide .... anybody remember this ? I was just a kid them but I heard and read about it back in the day .... while vaccines have not caused something like this who's to say something won't pop up later or much later ?

2) An analogy ....

I think I read somewhere , you cannot get shingles WITHOUT first having had or been exposed to the chicken pox

With that (and here comes a GOOD conspiracy theory (?) made by yours truly ....

Background :

IN many circles , it is thought that the rulers of the world want to always gain more ... more land , more power etc....

It is also thought that the virus came from a lab in wuhan.

Maybe it was a weapon BUT (like the shingle situation above is only the first stage in a 2 stage weapon ... i.e. the the Covid is the Chicken pox and the second stage is the yet to be released "shingles" ( only MUCH deadlier AND only those who have had covidor gotten OR THE SHOTS (yes , THAT was the kicker) can catch the next wave of REAL wave death (i.e. MUCH more deadly than it is now).

It has to be a 2 stage weapon because it it were a single stage weapon , we would KNOW exactly where it came from (or maybe that in itself was a plant and false flag by the real perp).

Also, with the big push for vaxx maybe big pharma and the powers that be are looking for a way to self exterminate .... or exterminate the opposition?

Yes James Bondish villian in scope and size BUT you really never know (stuff was developed awful fast huh?).

If it matters , I did get the shots and I did gain a super power from it .... I can almost cause hives on demand BUT I'm not so sure that is really a useful super power to have and I cannot always do it on demand .... I was going to talk to a doc about it but just have not had time to do so.
(I really don't know for sure if it is hives BUT I researched it (yea self diagnosis) and best I can tell it seems like it is ... it goes away within hours of it happening happening .....).

Hopefully this is not the next major thing and I am not ground zero for iy BUT I'm still alive so maybe if it is I am immune it hopefully ! ;-)

On the other hand , Hopefully I won't have given myself away only to be whisked up by some secret agency to be studied for the antibody ...

Gotta run .... maybe literally BUT fortunately I'm using some poor schmucks ID and IP adderess ..... Hear that FBI , CIA and people who are so secret we don't even know your call signs / abbreviations !?!?

I'm out .... power outtage here in China and battery back up about to go out
Yikes. Stop listening to the Alex Jones podcasts, and I bet the hives problem goes away immediately. ;)

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
SOLD 2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
Seems like this thread is becoming a catch all for a bunch of angst. Holy crap, we're so random, lol. So far, and I've only gotten to page 7, we've got COVID, vaccines, unemployment, tree stumps, confederate stores, ten gazillion 'gubmint' conspiracies, fifteen flavors of 'freedom(s)', pre-FDA drug trials...

Are we autistic as a group?

Time to shut down?

Last edited:

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle GLS TDI (BIODSL). 01 original Glow Bug TDI (sold)
Ya we are lol

But everyone is seeming to enjoy it so why? Other then its not following the intended use of the site...

Last edited:

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Seems like this thread is becoming a catch all for a bunch of angst. Holy crap, we're so random, lol. So far, and I've only gotten to page 7, we've got COVID, vaccines, unemployment, tree stumps, confederate stores, ten gazillion 'gubmint' conspiracies, fifteen flavors of 'freedom(s)', pre-FDA drug trials...

Are we autistic as a group?

Time to shut down?
Sorry thats partially my fault. I was seeing howmuch ground/areas we could cover lol

You forgot dnr lol

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
I meant to the first part lol, but sure i can dish out and take roasting.

I'd be in favor of just deleting the whole thread so nobody has to read all our nonsense lol. But im happy either way.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
In a less covid world (i know some are worried about it) I'd actually want to meet you all. Y'all are a great group of people who would be cool to see at a tdi fest/show and talk cars. It's really great we can talk on the forums and help eachother keep these cars out on the road! Safe travels to all!🙂

Daemon64

Veteran Member
TDI
2022 Polestar 2 BEV - Current, 2021 Q5 55e PHEV - Retired, 2015 Q5 3.0 TDI - Retired, 2013 Golf TDI - Retired
Agreed. My Wife and I were supposed to go to the NY Auto show together for the first time in 2020, covid cancelled it. Things cooled down for a bit and it looked like this years show was on, and 2 weeks before NOPE... covid again. Its infuriating not having a solution for this global situation that seems to be working. My suspicion is it is complacency. If people were to distance, stay in, mask up ( PROPERLY ), and not do parties and such we might have been able to stomp it mostly out without even a vaccine, but really in the end it takes 339,000,000 people doing everything correctly and just a few to not to ruin it, and even then there is no guarantee. And that's just to shut it down stateside.... then you have international borders and such...

I guess on some side note. As a group we shouldn't be willing to push aside personal freedoms so easily, however we should also not automatically assume EVERYTHING the government says and does is some sort of conspiracy to screw us over. I'd happily argue that I worry more about companies than the government.... companies are not inept; government largely is. You want to talk about someone who follows many ideals: I believe both in the 2nd amendment ( to a reasonable degree - No one needs assault rifles, but hunting rifles, pistols / revolvers, shotguns are all game. It shouldn't take an act of congress to get your license, but by the same token there needs to be a background check and a waiting period... again this is my personal opinion ), and in abortion( but also to a reasonable degree 3 tri-mester no way, 2nd is questionable ( Like before week 16 ) , first is completely permissible... this is my personal opinion )... I guess my point is this, we all think differently, all come from different walks, and I try to understand both sides of discussions, and try to get people to come back from extremes if I can... it generally doesn't work out for anyone( except those in power )... when we are really divided and cannot find a middle ground.

Lastly. Even though my TDI was sold I'd love to get together sometime and check out the other rides and say hello. We may be getting a TDI for my nephew soon.... looking at a Jetta Sportswagen potentially... will keep you guys posted...

Last edited:

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
SOLD 2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
We forgot to talk about Chernobyl. What are your thoughts? lol.

And, what Amsoil should I run in my Tdi?

Andyinchville1

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, 5 sp, 226K miles
Agreed. My Wife and I were supposed to go to the NY Auto show together for the first time in 2020, covid cancelled it. Things cooled down for a bit and it looked like this years show was on, and 2 weeks before NOPE... covid again. Its infuriating not having a solution for this global situation that seems to be working. My suspicion is it is complacency. If people were to distance, stay in, mask up ( PROPERLY ), and not do parties and such we might have been able to stomp it mostly out without even a vaccine, but really in the end it takes 339,000,000 people doing everything correctly and just a few to not to ruin it, and even then there is no guarantee. And that's just to shut it down stateside.... then you have international borders and such...

I guess on some side note. As a group we shouldn't be willing to push aside personal freedoms so easily, however we should also not automatically assume EVERYTHING the government says and does is some sort of conspiracy to screw us over. I'd happily argue that I worry more about companies than the government.... companies are not inept; government largely is. You want to talk about someone who follows many ideals: I believe both in the 2nd amendment ( to a reasonable degree - No one needs assault rifles, but hunting rifles, pistols / revolvers, shotguns are all game. It shouldn't take an act of congress to get your license, but by the same token there needs to be a background check and a waiting period... again this is my personal opinion ), and in abortion( but also to a reasonable degree 3 tri-mester no way, 2nd is questionable ( Like before week 16 ) , first is completely permissible... this is my personal opinion )... I guess my point is this, we all think differently, all come from different walks, and I try to understand both sides of discussions, and try to get people to come back from extremes if I can... it generally doesn't work out for anyone( except those in power )... when we are really divided and cannot find a middle ground.
HI,

Very well said .... with few modifications (it's the TDI modding in me coming out! HA).

My thought is, it's NOT the government that is out to screw us over .... It's the PEOPLE who own and control the government for their benefit at our expense that is the issue ... Government is just their puppet for keeping us masses under control (heck they even have us self policing each other !! ) .... Do we have a choice between Democrat / Republican / other ? Sure BUT guess what ? WE the working middle class will always be taxed more of our effective income than they will .... we're just too busy working to stay alive to realize it ....

Guns ... I'm OK with "good" people having them.... just not criminals or bad guys (easy huh?) .... As far as type ... I'm OK with good guys (citizens too not just military / police) owning literally whatever they want .... want a Full auto sawed off shot gun with muzzle brakes, flash suppressors, pistol grips, bayonet and ?? .... no problem!

Abortion - I am not a woman but I'm OK with them having control over their own bodies .... I would NOT want the law telling ME what I can and cannot do to my own body

As an aside if a person wants to commit suicide why is that illegal ? people should have rights over their own bodies.

Do we want to be on the middle ground ?

If not for more the more extreme actions of people in the past .... America would not have been created and we'd be all wearing red coats , sipping midday tea and driving on the wrong side of the road.

Maybe we need to be extreme to push things to the next level ??

so how about Afghanistan ?

Yea , since we are all over might as well go further !

Andrew

turbodieseldyke

Veteran Member
TDI
98 jetta
And you can't cook with charcoal in LA. Regulations everywhere.
Lolol. You can freely use LA sidewalks as a toilet, or a foundation for your Coleman(tm) 3-person house, but can't BBQ with charcoal? I don't know if you saw the fireworks display from Fourth of July 2020, but the entire city was blanketed with "illegal" fireworks for hours, non-stop. They can't enforce anything.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Lolol. You can freely use LA sidewalks as a toilet, or a foundation for your Coleman(tm) 3-person house, but can't BBQ with charcoal? I don't know if you saw the fireworks display from Fourth of July 2020, but the entire city was blanketed with "illegal" fireworks for hours, non-stop. They can't enforce anything.
I agree they can only try, and if people don't let them they can't. There's no stopping the 4th, thats stupid!
Yep, at a certain point you have to decide not to be a "law abiding" citizen. Trust me its totally worth it!

taleAwaggin

Veteran Member
TDI
rollin in my two point oh, panoramic back so my hair can blow
Then there is this..

But sure lets shut down "for the children."

taleAwaggin

Veteran Member
TDI
rollin in my two point oh, panoramic back so my hair can blow
Don't get me started on mental health of teenagers.. its hard enough being one without this shut-in crap. And they are at extremely low risk.

RIP to all those who didn't make it.

Last edited:

Poor King

Veteran Member
TDI
'91 Jetta, '91 GTI, '04 Touareg
I was an adult before a teenager and now I'ma baby 🙃

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Don't get me started on mental health of teenagers.. its hard enough being one without this shut-in crap. And they are at extremely low risk.

RIP to all those who didn't make it.
Agreed, and at some point we have to decide what is worth it. I've worked with a lot of teens the last few years, and trying to encourage them to push on with distance learning and get through it has been a process. Dang, I'm not even a teen anymore and i hate distance learning, so i fully understand.

oldsoul

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI, 2000 New Beetle Non-TDI: 2013 Grand Caravan, 1994 Buick Regal (for sale), 2014 Nissan Pathfinder
HI,

Very well said .... with few modifications (it's the TDI modding in me coming out! HA).

My thought is, it's NOT the government that is out to screw us over .... It's the PEOPLE who own and control the government for their benefit at our expense that is the issue ... Government is just their puppet for keeping us masses under control (heck they even have us self policing each other !! ) .... Do we have a choice between Democrat / Republican / other ? Sure BUT guess what ? WE the working middle class will always be taxed more of our effective income than they will .... we're just too busy working to stay alive to realize it ....

Guns ... I'm OK with "good" people having them.... just not criminals or bad guys (easy huh?) .... As far as type ... I'm OK with good guys (citizens too not just military / police) owning literally whatever they want .... want a Full auto sawed off shot gun with muzzle brakes, flash suppressors, pistol grips, bayonet and ?? .... no problem!

Abortion - I am not a woman but I'm OK with them having control over their own bodies .... I would NOT want the law telling ME what I can and cannot do to my own body

As an aside if a person wants to commit suicide why is that illegal ? people should have rights over their own bodies.

Do we want to be on the middle ground ?

If not for more the more extreme actions of people in the past .... America would not have been created and we'd be all wearing red coats , sipping midday tea and driving on the wrong side of the road.

Andrew
We have, as always, the government we deserve. We have, after all, in the words of Jefferson "A Republic, if you can keep it."

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
We have, as always, the government we deserve. We have, after all, in the words of Jefferson "A Republic, if you can keep it."

I fear under the mantra of “the greater good” it may be slipping from our grasp.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI

Andrew
I'll take the extreme side, I'll step out on this one. Wasn't going to, but heck with it we're already all over the maps anyway. Several people have mentioned it so we might as well.

Y'all start praying because this is going to go down badly. When you can't even return to your own country with a passport you know somethings screwy. Why didn't they pull citizens first? and where the heck are all the womens rights activists now?

Btw. For those of you wondering how and why this relates? It does because they talk about driving cars in the video. There justified posting lol

Last edited:

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
We're whining about covid/driving during covid, and our brothers and sisters are being murdered by terrorists. Sadness...

Poor King

Veteran Member
TDI
Lol seriously? If you are going to copy&paste what you heard on the tube, you will be spreading propaganda by way of deceitful misinformation.(If you are confused after watching this video, I can clarify it all if it's OK with the moderators. Starting from Iran to Saddam to Iraq, to Afghanistan and on...(

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Lol seriously? If you are going to copy&paste what you heard on the tube, you will be spreading propaganda by way of deceitful misinformation.(If you are confused after watching this video, I can clarify it all if it's OK with the moderators. Starting from Iran to Saddam to Iraq, to Afghanistan and on...(

Honestly, you didn't have time to evem watch the video (unless you already have). Do you see whats happening?

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
One way or another their still trapped. Treated nice or not...more the latter.

Women are going to be forced to live simple lives and won't be allowed to hold positions of power or jobs deemed for "men". They won't have a voice. Not to mention all the ones that may be killed.

Poor King

Veteran Member
TDI
That reporter ended up reverting to become a Muslim. That says a lot about how women are treated in the religion.

And what kind of idiot/s take a school trip to Afghanistan: It's the largest war zone on this planet.

turbodieseldyke

Veteran Member
TDI
98 jetta
Our own fellow Californians
Afghanistan's own fellow Afghanistanians.

Nearly two dozen California students and parents are among the thousands currently stranded in Afghanistan after taking a summer trip to visit family...

It was not immediately clear when the families arrived in Afghanistan, but Cajon Valley Superintendent David Miyashiro said they had traveled there on special visas for US military service. <<=== W.T.F.?

They had gone to the country to visit their extended relatives, including their grandparents.
These people are Californians like those people in the "Minnesota man flies to Syria to join ISIS" news stories are Minnesotans.

Status
Not open for further replies.