Considering raising my 06 VW beetle

06tdibug

TDI
2006 tdi beetle
I'm considering raising my 06 VW beetle as I seem to catch everything in the road. Would like to raise about 2 inches. All help/ideas appreciated.

kennethsime

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon GL TDI 5-Speed Baltic Green

Just posted over in the "what did you do to your Mk 4 today" thread.

Here's my Jetta Wagon with the ID Parts lift springs, Koni Special Actives, and 1" Evolution strut spacers. The 1" shock spacer was left out, due to the range of the shock.

Haven't had a chance to drive around too much yet, but I'm pretty happy overall. I think I'm about 3" above stock here.

If you didn't want to change anything else, you could just get the 2" spacers from Evolution and call it good.

pedroYUL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat CVCA; 2015 GSW CRUA; 2012 wagon CJAA; 2004 wagon BEW

plus

...or spacers on the rear.

06tdibug

TDI
2006 tdi beetle

Here's my Jetta Wagon with the ID Parts lift springs, Koni Special Actives, and 1" Evolution strut spacers. The 1" shock spacer was left out, due to the range of the shock.

Haven't had a chance to drive around too much yet, but I'm pretty happy overall. I think I'm about 3" above stock here.

If you didn't want to change anything else, you could just get the 2" spacers from Evolution and call it good.
How does it ride?

06tdibug

TDI
2006 tdi beetle

Unfortunately Evolution doesn't have a 2-in spacer only a 1 in..

kennethsime

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon GL TDI 5-Speed Baltic Green
How does it ride?
Rides good! Just a touch more slop from the springs I think - but still corners great on the highway. I will say the shocks are nearly maxed out - I feel it when I go over certain speed bumps, especially if I forget to slow down.