Confirm GTI PP Rear Brakes fit MK7 TDI???

Micah247

TDI
2015 Golf TDI
I've found a vendor that says they fit. I
https://shopdap.com/store/mk7-gti-performance-pack-rear-brake-kit-for-gti.html

I don't trust so easily after EcS screwed up by listing the MK5 R32 rear brakes would fit. They don't! The brake lines face different directions and the E brake cable on the TDI pulls from below. The MK5 R32 rear E brake pulls from above.

Looking at the photos of the MK7 GTI PP Rear Caliper. It accepts a banjo bolt from underneath which is compatible with my brake lines, but it still looks like the E brake cable pulls from above rather than below.

It looks like I may just have to swap out the E brake actuator located on the caliper.

Can anyone confirm this?

Last edited:
TDI
2015 GSW TDI 6MT
I figured I'd resurrect this thread a bit for anyone else wondering about this in the future. I swapped GTI PP rear brakes onto my wagon last week. The banjo for the GTI PP calipers is a 12mm versus a 10mm banjo on the stock (and non-PP GTI) rear calipers. I got custom braided rear hoses made by Techna-fit for the rear (front lines are braided but they are stock GTI front hoses). They are GTI-PP/Golf R rear hoses that are 6 inches longer than the factory ones for those cars. I also had to trim the lip off of the dust/splash shields to clear the new rotors (I tried GTI shields but they didn't mount the same way). Lastly, I cut the plastic mount thing off the parking brake cable housing so that I could slide the cable through the beam axle and route it over the axle and up to the new caliper. Not exactly a bolt-on I suppose but I'm glad I did the necessary work. I paired the rear GTI-PP with non-PP GTI front brakes using Akebono pads all around. I wanted a vented rear rotor and also to be able to run my 16 inch winter wheels. The 312/310 rotor combination seems pretty well balanced. I've put over 500 miles of mixed driving on the brakes and I am happy with the performance.

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
I figured I'd resurrect this thread a bit for anyone else wondering about this in the future. I swapped GTI PP rear brakes onto my wagon last week. The banjo for the GTI PP calipers is a 12mm versus a 10mm banjo on the stock (and non-PP GTI) rear calipers. I got custom braided rear hoses made by Techna-fit for the rear (front lines are braided but they are stock GTI front hoses). They are GTI-PP/Golf R rear hoses that are 6 inches longer than the factory ones for those cars. I also had to trim the lip off of the dust/splash shields to clear the new rotors (I tried GTI shields but they didn't mount the same way). Lastly, I cut the plastic mount thing off the parking brake cable housing so that I could slide the cable through the beam axle and route it over the axle and up to the new caliper. Not exactly a bolt-on I suppose but I'm glad I did the necessary work. I paired the rear GTI-PP with non-PP GTI front brakes using Akebono pads all around. I wanted a vented rear rotor and also to be able to run my 16 inch winter wheels. The 312/310 rotor combination seems pretty well balanced. I've put over 500 miles of mixed driving on the brakes and I am happy with the performance.
i was in the process of doing this over the weekend but saw I needed other parts, ended up just replacing the OEM TDI pads for now.

I can just reuse the TDI ebrake routed over the beam to the PP calipers?

do you have an exact measurement on the rear brake lines or will some off the self braided GTI PP lines work fine?

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 passat tdi sel premium 2015 golf s tdi gls tdi b5.5, 2002 eurovan,Peugeot 505 td,Citroen cx25 prestige
What I did makes the brake cable routing easier. Reposition the brake bracket and arm on the caliper to same position as the caliper you are replacing. this requires you drill a new hole that holds the cable bracket to the caliper and tap. that way no need to reroute the cable. takes 15 minutes.

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
What I did makes the brake cable routing easier. Reposition the brake bracket and arm on the caliper to same position as the caliper you are replacing. this requires you drill a new hole that holds the cable bracket to the caliper and tap. that way no need to reroute the cable. takes 15 minutes.
i thought the same thing but it looked like there isn't enough material on the caliper for a new bracket. i'll have to look at them again.

do you have any pics of your set up?

mayday_soc

TDI
Mk7 TDI
i thought the same thing but it looked like there isn't enough material on the caliper for a new bracket. i'll have to look at them again.

do you have any pics of your set up?
You end up getting this done? Info on the brake lines used, and caliper tapping for the parking brake?

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 passat tdi sel premium 2015 golf s tdi gls tdi b5.5, 2002 eurovan,Peugeot 505 td,Citroen cx25 prestige
It doesn't look like enough material on the caliper to drill a hole, but there is, or, you can elongate the hole inward to give you more drilling area. Again, 2019 jetta splash shields work fine.