Compressor clutch coil

kylec922

TDI
2006 jetta tdi
Compressor coil

Anyone know where to grab one? My fan grabbed and pulled the wire out of the coil. Can't find a Coil anywhere. 1k0820808f Is my compressor, pxe16.

Better yet anyone know if you can repair the wire into the coil? Not trying to keep dumping $$$$$ into this thing.

Last edited:

kylec922

TDI
2006 jetta tdi
There is no clutch on your compressor. Your looking for a new rcv refrigeration control valve. There are a couple different versions. Here’s an example. https://www.amazon.com/Compressor-Control-Solenoid-Volkswagen-1K0820803E/dp/B073WP1QC1
This isn't what I'm looking for. I bought this solenoid new last year. I need the coil. There is a wire going to it, right? Lmao you got me doubting myself now.

There's a wire to the coil, and another sperate to that solenoid right?

Last edited:

Windjammer

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 & Mk5
No, this compressor has no clutch. The only wires are the going to the solenoid. You should take a closer look & get pictures if possible. That will help you get what you need. BTW there are 2 types of solenoids. One is held in with the bolt and the other is held in with a circlip.

kylec922

TDI
2006 jetta tdi
No, this compressor has no clutch. The only wires are the going to the solenoid. You should take a closer look & get pictures if possible. That will help you get what you need. BTW there are 2 types of solenoids. One is held in with the bolt and the other is held in with a circlip.
Yeah, I went through all that last year, mine is the clip on. I still thought that coil was powered via wire. I'll try to check it out today if the weather in Indiana permits.

Fwiw, that wire clips to the fan causing the fan blade to snag and pull it, is there a better option here? I had a coolant hose going into the heater core replaced, and I'm guessing it got bumped during all that. I'm getting to the point where I trust the engine but losing faith in the trans and all other components :(

Thanks for the help, will update.

kylec922

TDI
2006 jetta tdi

Looks like the solenoid wire is still in tact. What's this one go to? Is it the hood wiring to indicate if it's open? Why would that cause the AC and fan to not work?

Last edited:

kylec922

TDI
2006 jetta tdi
Ok I'm now almost certain this is the wiring to indicate if the hood is open. But I've never had an indication the hood was open. Heard the fan snag the wire, now the fan and ac won't work. Fan was new less than 2 years ago and spins freely by hand.

Why would this wire for the hood affect the AC and fan??

JETaah

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 B4V, 2005 BEW Beetle, 2005 Jetta Wagon
I believe that it is the hood latch switch wire set. It lets the controller know when it has been fully closed.

Do your wipers work with the hood open?

Last edited:

kylec922

TDI
2006 jetta tdi
I believe that it is the hood latch switch wire set. It lets the controller know when it has been fully closed.

Do your wipers work with the hood open?
So that was my thought and yes wipers work, cable still broke. I do know 100% that cable got cut or pulled by then fan and broke, and since I've had no ac. I basically replaced the entire ac system last year.

Also I've never had an indication other than just this morning that the hood was open and it quickly went off. Even if it's the hood, why would that cause the fans and ac to not function? It shouldn't...