Complaints Filed to FTC and Claims Council and the Results / Reply's

speedrye

Veteran Member
TDI
13 JSW DSG, 14 JSW DSG
Seems like VW has been put on notice. Working Sundays now and pushing out a lot of offers today. Have all September downloads at least been verified?
Nope, still here with documents submitted on 09/17 with nothing. No approvals, no rejection, just the blue eyeballs staring back at me. I'd be happy if I saw some movement, even if it is slow. I understand that all post-6/28 buyers were delayed, but this is getting ridiculous to not even have my paperwork reviewed in any capacity.

ekall

TDI
2011 Sportwagen TDI
Replies from PSC & Ankura

I sent an email inquiry to both today.

Ms. _________,
I am an attorney with the Plaintiff's Steering Committee. Per the FTC Order, Claim processing began on November 1, 2016 and the first day to begin receiving claim approvals was November 15, 2016. There have been some delays in claim processing and the Court has been made aware of those delays. The Court will likely address the issue at the upcoming 11/30/16 Status Conference.
While VW is currently behind in processing, we expect claim approvals to be upcoming shortly. After claim approval, you will receive an offer letter within 10 business days. VW will process all approved claims and the Court has asked for patience with this issue.
If you would like to discuss this further, I can be reached at 415-956-1000 x3359.
Regards,
Alex Larrabee
VW “Clean Diesel” MDL No. 2672 | Plaintiffs Steering Committee
info@vwclasscounsel.com
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Attn: __________
Thank you for your correspondence and reaching out to inquire about your claim.
As the Claims Supervisor, Ankura’s role is to oversee the claims process and to report to the Court on Volkswagen’s performance including on Volkswagen’s compliance with the requirements to timely make eligibility and award determinations. We understand why you are seeking information that specifically applies to the processing of your claim. Unfortunately, information to claimants in regards to their specific claims can only be provided by Volkswagen or Class Counsel. We sincerely apologize that we cannot be of more assistance in answering your questions.
As you know, Volkswagen has established a customer support center to provide information regarding your specific claim (1-844-98-CLAIM). If you have additional questions about the settlement or the claims processing timeline set forth, please contact Class Counsel and they will be happy to assist you.
Please know that the Claim Supervisor will continue to monitor each claim that Volkswagen receives, as well as Volkswagen’s timeliness with the review process, and will report to the Court and the parties accordingly.
Thank you again for reaching out to the Claims Supervisor.
Thomas Geddes
Associate
Ankura Consulting Group, LLC
1220 19th Street, NW, Suite 700
Washington, DC 20036
ankuraconsulting.com

Marlyece

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI DSG
Well done. Well done
I'm about there too. I was in the "missing co-registrant" batch over a month ago. I was assured after talking to multiple reps that I should upload the same document with both registrant names and they would approve it. They did. I received the offer letter on Saturday but NOW they are telling me I'm going to have to start all over again from step 1 (creating a profile and submitting all docs) because the co-registrant's name isn't in their dumb system (because it wouldn't allow it).

The title/drivers licenses, registration all have the same two names. We signed both the claimant/co-claimant sections and the registrant/co-registrant sections and had it notarized. They better approve it because they have all the required documentation. I refuse to start over because their portal can't handle anything.

I have recordings of agents all giving contradictory information/advice.

Eggieztdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Man. 2015 TDIs
How quickly did Ankura Consulting return a response to your emails? I saw a few people say how quickly it came, but for some reason I have yet to receive a response. This could mean they are getting a ton of emails from the class action plaintiffs. I emailed both emails that have been listed on 12/03. I really just want to touch base with the only people in this whole ordeal that actually have some answers. This forum couldn't be anymore helpful. VW could be a lot more helpful lol

ChimneyJim

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 SportWagen SEL
How quickly did Ankura Consulting return a response to your emails? I saw a few people say how quickly it came, but for some reason I have yet to receive a response. This could mean they are getting a ton of emails from the class action plaintiffs. I emailed both emails that have been listed on 12/03. I really just want to touch base with the only people in this whole ordeal that actually have some answers. This forum couldn't be anymore helpful. VW could be a lot more helpful lol
Ankura usually within 24 hours but they won't comment on specific claims.

"Thank you for your email to the Claims Supervisor. We completely understand why you are seeking information that specifically applies to the processing and final offer of your claim. Unfortunately, information to claimants in regards to their specific claims can only be provided by Volkswagen or Class Counsel. We sincerely apologize that we cannot be of more assistance in answering your questions."

Last edited:

faultymechanics

Veteran Member
TDI
1992 Jetta Ecodiesel, 2015 Jetta TDI SEL
My documents were accepted weeks ago and I have still received no offer email.

Getting really frustrated as VT will give me a tax refund if I sell it within 3 months of my new car purchase on Oct 17th so that gives me until Jan 17th....i do have a loan but with their financing. HURRY UP VW.