common rail to pd swap

vitaminka

TDI
touran
I've had a question in my head for a long time, got an answer from an electrician but would like another opinion:
I have a 2011 1.6tdi vw touran and the whole time i've had it, i've been having problems with it (bad injectors, low oil pressure, overheating, limp mode etc.) and since i've had no problems with any other vw i've owned previously which were all pd engines, I started considering swapping out the common rail for a pd, I definitely know the wiring in the engine bay and the ecu would need to be changed along with the engine but I was told that I would need to change ALL the wiring in the car, from the front to the back.
would anyone know anything about this stuff or could anyone help me out? Any input is appreciated.
Thanks.

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
The car itself seems to be a lemon, not something inherent in CR (although certain 1.6L TDI engine codes with Siemens injection systems are not very good, same with Siemens PD systems FWIW) that going backwards to a PD would fix. IMO, change the car, not the fuel injection system. The Bosch-injected 2.0 CR TDIs are superior in many respects and don't lose much if anything in terms of real-world fuel economy.