Commencement of Auction for this 96 B4 Variant TDI (Station Wagon)

Rodg Petersen

Veteran Member
Wow, no action on this beauty yet!
My son made a commitment to go back to grad school, otherwise he would be all over this one...for some odd reason he likes red, go figure.
Rodg

Harvieux

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
06 A5 Pkg.2 w/navi & ASEP
Hi Folks, Just received a bid of $8250 via email. The reserve price has not yet been met. Later!

RC

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Two White 96 B4 Wagons
Originally posted by tomo366:
You have a problem with Red?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Better watch out Rodg, Tomo has friends in high places, or maybe that`s low places. Either one, I`d be careful.

As for me Tomo, I absolutely LOVE RED.

Harvieux

TDI
Hi Folks, Bidding has just been increased to $9000 via email, thanks. The reserve has not yet been met. Later!

Rodg Petersen

Veteran Member
Let's face it, red just doesn't have tha same panache as white...of course SEDAN's look much much better in RED. (There RC...do you think that fooled 'em?)
Rodg
'96 B4V White
'00 Dodge CTD White
'02 Jetta Baltic Green (wife's)

Harvieux

TDI
Hi Folks, Well, after bringing her down off the ramps upon completion of all the service, I detected some minor paintwork on the left front fender and door. My initial inspection was more concentrated on the mechanical aspects since the seller told me the vehicle had no paintwork, so I wasn't as thorough as I should have been. I don't blame the seller because it's quite undetectable unless you really know what you are doing. There is absolutely no structual damage. Later!

trae

Veteran Member
TDI
3 prior TDIs - '97 B4 Passat Sedan, '96 Passat B4 Wagon, 2001 NB; Current - 2013 Audi Q7 TDI Pearl White Metallic - 2014 Moto Guzzi California 1400 Touring - 1995 Moto Guzzi 1100 Sport Carb
Saw the red car at Leonard's Friday 1/17 when I picked up mine; it's very nice looking car even if it isn't white. Yes RC I am loving my white wagon now hoo boy, even after spending more or less 26 or 27 hours straight in it.

I will volunteer to drive the red one back east for anyone out this way who doesn't want to get it themselves; it'll only cost you airfare, fuel, motel room,lots of Red Bull & maybe a Denny's Grand Slam or two. Anything for a coupla more days out of the office. Oh yes you pay any tickets like the one I got in Nebraska for 15 over, damn cornhuskers.

Anyone ever peg their speedo in the hills of Southern Utah? I tried my best but the distance between 122 and 140 must take either a major leap of faith or major huevos, both of which were lacking. Still the car felt like it was riding on rails the whole time. Not bad for a 90 horsepower wagon.

I'm certain by the time Leonard has this car completed to his satisfaction it'll be rock solid if it isn't already. Good luck & bid with confidence.

Tom Rae

Harvieux

TDI
Hi Trea, Glad you made it back safely and glad you like the car. I wish you many, many safe wonderful and economical miles. Keep us posted on how she does.

I also wanted to thank all for their interest in the red variant that was up for auction and sorry the reserve price wasn't met. I will be marketing this unit within as well as entertain reasonable offers from club member's and their family and friends. Later!