Comme lay stolen or swapped tdi parts

Ryco2023

TDI
15 jetta TDI se
Hi guys,
I recently had my 15 Jetta TDI se worked on to fix a hpfp failure and all that went with it. $3000 layer car won't run , same issue ,y car engine is a mess, this gs are missing . I have no idea where to start as far as finding everything this guy has done to me. There are weird relays under my dash in the driver side paneling. I feel like this guy swapped parts from my car with some other piece of ****. Any help would be appreciated. Fyi registration is now gone, original manualea are gone and replaced with 14 user Manuel's. Not sure if that's something to look at or not.

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
Comme duh wha duh fuh?

benIV

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 PG 5m Jetta GL Sedan, 2003 RS 5m Jetta GLS Wagon (Golf Variant)
So you had your 2015 worked on, but it won't run and it looks like the guy used junk parts to do whatever work he did and things are in disarray including that you're manual is gone and a 2014 was left in its place? I wish I had some advice. I'd find a trusted TDI guru near you and have them go over everything.

Tdipwr11

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 ALH Jetta
His experience doesn't surprise me, I've honestly had mechanics touch things and swap parts before many times. I honestly really try staying away from any shop, especially with these TDI cars that mechanics know a bit about, some get jelous, break the cars so you can trade it in sell it to the dealer for them to buy it or just don't do good work they know we care about these cars. I've had service advisors telling me they want to buy one of these cars after checking mine out, I've *****ed at guys right in their face I just met taking my car to their shop for the first time. He started telling me things like oh your a/c compressor works, I was like *** you doing looking at my compressor I'm here for alignment. I thought he may have switched it and scared me telling me he had the same cars. I have had so many bad experiences I don't really trust many. I've heard stories of bodyshops swapping dashes in nice classic cars and the owner couldn't prove it afterwards it was switched but clearly was. They took the whole cra p dash out of one car and put it in customers and took his mint one. Leave a car somewhere for too long they could swap your.motor lol

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
Momma I tried... but yielded to temptation

dieseldonato

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 jetta
His experience doesn't surprise me, I've honestly had mechanics touch things and swap parts before many times. I honestly really try staying away from any shop, especially with these TDI cars that mechanics know a bit about, some get jelous, break the cars so you can trade it in sell it to the dealer for them to buy it or just don't do good work they know we care about these cars. I've had service advisors telling me they want to buy one of these cars after checking mine out, I've *****ed at guys right in their face I just met taking my car to their shop for the first time. He started telling me things like oh your a/c compressor works, I was like *** you doing looking at my compressor I'm here for alignment. I thought he may have switched it and scared me telling me he had the same cars. I have had so many bad experiences I don't really trust many. I've heard stories of bodyshops swapping dashes in nice classic cars and the owner couldn't prove it afterwards it was switched but clearly was. They took the whole cra p dash out of one car and put it in customers and took his mint one. Leave a car somewhere for too long they could swap your.motor lol
Good grief, you sure have some scumbags around your area. Couldn't even imagine any reputable shop doing such things, let alone the implications if they did. Wouldn't be in business for long around here.

Last edited:

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
I'm pretty sure that was sarcasm. But then again not real sure

Tdipwr11

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 ALH Jetta
It is what it is, lead me to become better at repairing my car and enhanced my mechanical skills. I can't even get my oil filled properly, doesn't matter where I go even when I've supplied under the amount of the oil needed my car came back overfilled. Mechanics here mostly suck, atleast the European VW shops, VW dealers I've mainly dealt with. Canadian tire service shops

Last edited: