Coming back into the fold- Need help!

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG - 2016 Tig SE for the wifey
Folks I sold my last TDI in 2010, and I currently own a 2015 GTI SE. Great car but at 55 a little to noisy and stiff for my 100 miles of highway driving a day. I am looking to purchase a 2015 SE TDI manual with Light package.

Back in the day I know there was a dealer in PA with a consultant named Chris, I believe, that cut great deals for members of Fred's TDI forum. Is there still a go to dealership for pricing or has those days gone by. I am willing to travel. Let me know. Great to think I will be sharing stories and news with this group again.
Bruce

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
Folks I sold my last TDI in 2010, and I currently own a 2015 GTI SE. Great car but at 55 a little to noisy and stiff for my 100 miles of highway driving a day. I am looking to purchase a 2015 SE TDI manual with Light package.
Back in the day I know there was a dealer in PA with a consultant named Chris, I believe, that cut great deals for members of Fred's TDI forum. Is there still a go to dealership for pricing or has those days gone by. I am willing to travel. Let me know. Great to think I will be sharing stories and news with this group again.
Bruce
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=435817

That's who you were looking for... Sadly...

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
Tomorrow possible 2016 order

Decided to work with my local dealer. We will see how my trade in goes. If all goes well I will be ordering a 2016 Golf TDI SE 6M with Light package in Tungsten silver. They located one for me. We will see. Might be burning diesel again soon.:D

Diesl

Veteran Member
TDI
'78 Golf Diesel (long gone); 2012 Jetta Sportwagen TDI w/ DSG
I'm not going to berate you for not getting a DSG ;-)

I had a good experience with getting quotes via truecar.com, and taking the printouts with me when I scheduled a test drive at my (somewhat) local dealer. That dealer then price-matched the best offer, even though they did not participate in the truecar program.

The only downside is that you will be contacted by the dealers you request quotes from, but since you are shopping for a car that is kind of the purpose of the whole thing...
In the end I think I gave all dealers that had provided quotes a courtesy call, to inform them of my decision (and stop the calls & emails).

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
Well guess what happened on my way to purchase my TDI?

Had my purchased lined up for this morning. Been working on this for 2 weeks. Get a call this morning a half hour before I was leaving to get my new ride and guess what?

" Sorry Mr Guild, we have been ordered by the federal government to stop all sales on TDI's."

Oh Well!:(

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
Dealer says it will be resolved early next week. LOL. Well might have to forget about the Salsa Red SE TDI 6M and look for a TSI with stick. Did they stop making S with Sunroof in a manual for 16?

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
I'm a little confused here. Why are you trading in an essentially brand new car for a brand new car? Do you feel like that you just can't wait to to get bent over with depreciation right away, or what?

It does not sound like a very financially smart decision to me. Of course there might be something I am missing.

It just kills me that folks have no clue on how much debt they are carrying and only worry about if they can make the payment or not.

Every time you trade in a car, you are given wholesale for your trade and charged retail for the new car. Quit the shafting if you ask me.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm a little confused here. Why are you trading in an essentially brand new car for a brand new car? Do you feel like that you just can't wait to to get bent over with depreciation right away, or what?

It does not sound like a very financially smart decision to me. Of course there might be something I am missing.

It just kills me that folks have no clue on how much debt they are carrying and only worry about if they can make the payment or not.

Every time you trade in a car, you are given wholesale for your trade and charged retail for the new car. Quit the shafting if you ask me.
i purchased it wholesale. I am in the car business and it was traded in. I did not lose a dime. Took advantage of a great deal on the 16.

I also flip cars on a regular basis to support my income. I make a good bit of income each year from my wholesale purchases.

Last edited: