colorado TDI owners list

crzyjt

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW TDI
Jon Turner, summit county. don't really have a home right now, but live in breck/keystone area. have vag-com and a4 timing tools. 2000 jetta with 165k miles. dg race pipe, old navy ccv, cleaned intake, OMI and mufflerectomy on its way. doing timing belt soon for first time. should be fun.

id be in on some sorta gtg.

wob

TDI
Golf GLS, 2004, SIlver
Hey aw, where'd you get the BluSun BioDiesel sticker at? I would love one to stick on my car!

I use B20 from BluSun from the pumps at Brighton & York here in Denver.

aw

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 silver Golf GLS
wob,

I got it at the grand opening of the pump here in Fort Collins. I mentioned to one of the BlueSun guys that I was on my second tank and he opened up the secret stash of window stickers

CrackerTDI

TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon, Reflex Silver
2004 Jetta wagon, 12k in 5 months and looking to do my own wrench bending. Monument, CO, 15 miles north of Colorado Springs. (719)351-3321

gredi

Veteran Member
You can add a Green '01 Jetta Auto to the fleet. It will be living somewhere in The Springs within the the next week or so. All I need to do is find someplace to park it......

solidone

TDI
2001 Tdi Golf GLS, white
2001 Golf GLS, dropped and chipped (upsolute) in Aurora.
Also running Biodiesel recently....good stuff and less smoke for some reason.
Anything decided on the GTG or are we all just wishin'?
dave (solidone@mho.net)

oriley

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 black Golf
I'm planning a "Dress rehersal" this weekend. A good buddy of mine knows of a lot of roads in the mountains that he drives frequently, and they are great for scenic views. I'm gonna go on a few of them this weekend to see how long they are and what "attractions" there are along the way. Once I do this then I will be talking a few people about organizing a meeting place, and what fun stuff we can do.

gredi

Veteran Member
Boulder, Estes Park, Nederland, Blackhawk, Golden. In that order or reversed I have done it both ways at different times of the year. There enough sidetrips to keep one busy for one very long day or maybe spread them out over several trips.

Park County Rt 62 and Clear Creek County Rt 381 are the same road. It comes out (or starts depending on which way you go) at Georgetown. I drove it many, many moons ago in a minivan full of kids with no difficulties. Not sure about it's condition now.

Independence Pass is a nice drive as well if you have all day to take it.

Ft Collins to Steamboat via 287, 14, 24 36 & 38 is very beautiful during the winter. May try it before first snow if my schedule permits.

oriley

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 black Golf
yeah I'm thinking of some of those. I don't want anything to awful long. Something like who-ever wants to meet up in the morning at a coffee shop, all of us hit the road for a couple of hours, then we can all meet up someplace. FOr those who don't want to do the drive, they will know where the "Official GTG" is. Will keep ya all tuned.

Scirocco81

TDI
90 Corrado TDI and 81 Scirocco TDI (project)
Eric S, Northglenn.

TDI skills: Still learning, just got VAG-COM. Will be doing TDI swap in near future.

TDIs owned: see signature...

Up for a GTG.

Many will be curious when they read the sig, here is the Corrattle:
Corrattle

oriley

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 black Golf
Alright all, I deleted my post about a Colorado GTG. My weekends that are a month out are pretty much booked, wedding, 24hours of Moab, Veloswap, and an anniversary
So when if at all this year would ya all be up for a GTG up at Matt's place in Fairplay. He has a great place for it up there, and if anybody has any questions on his place, please contact him. I have met him and seen the area, it would be perfect for a GTG.
So lets hear if anybody is interested and if this year. I'm thinking about everybody meeting up here in Denver, that wants to and we all drive up there together. TDI Rally!!

kwhiner

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 Golf GLS Silver
Have been looking for an excuse for a good long R/T east to the Rockies. Thought Fairplay sounded familiar, have been thru that area a couple times on the way Paonia for "The Top of the Rockies" Beemer Rally. That does sounds like a great location for a gathering of the faithful, but it's starting to get late in the season here pretty quick. Maybe spring say march or early april, when the passes start to open. You guys know better than I about that thou. Have been to the area 3 or 4 times, but always in July or late april. Will watch for more info.

jddaigle

Veteran Member
TDI
No TDI Anymore
A little late to the party, but here I am:

Jeff Daigle
Fort Collins
jddaigle on TDIClub and VWVortex
2004 Golf GL PD Black on Black

I've only had the car a little over a month, and I'm already spending far too much time here
! Haven't seen an online community this good since I left the Volvo forums a few years back.

TDI_Golfer

TDI
2004 Golf GL TDI-PD Tiptronic Silver/Gray
Hi, Robert here. I live in Westminster (near I-25/120th)
Very little--car--skills. Basic tools only.

Just got my 2004 Golf GL TDI Tiptronic Reflex Silver/Gray 3 weeks ago. I'm excited to meet other TDI owners.

turbonem

Veteran Member
TDI
'02jetta wagon red
ok what's up with a get to gethere?

we need to plan somthing.

a day set aside for breakfast and junkyards.

or a day of wrenching and driving or ??????

we just need to do somthing as a group so let's hear some ideas.

see-ya matt

ColoTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Blue Passat Sedan
I think it would be great to meet people for coffee sometime mid-morning, close to 285 here around Denver, then make the trek to Fairplay together.

Matt, is there a place around your area that might be good for grilling up some lunch and just having social time, meeting some new TDI friends? Or even just meet at a restaurant for lunch.

From there we can plan some wrenching time and maybe future road rallys.

What day works best for most of us?
How does November 6th or 7th look?

Guess I forgot to introduce myself first,

Norm H. Denver, Blue 96 Passat TDI - Over 19k miles since I purchased the Passat in April 2004

skills: very basic! Can change oil, replace broken visor clips, and other minor maintenance.

turbonem

Veteran Member
TDI
'02jetta wagon red
we can BBQ at my house and my work is near by and we can all get inside with our cars.

we may be able to use the shop at my workplace if the group is not to large and everyoneis mature.

the reckless/dangerous people could nix it for everyone.

the liability for horseplay is just too great.

otherwise it's all good.

see ya matt

ColoTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Blue Passat Sedan
Cool, So who's up for a drive and BBQ type day in Fairplay?

I'm guessing bring your own grillables and drinks and we could potluck a few items like salads and chips. Let me know what you think.

Meet fellow TDI owners, relax, have some BBQ, and talk about future GTGs, wrenching parties, and even future road cruises!

Sounds like we've got three so far for this next weekend, November 6th-7th, anyone else interested?

Maybe I should see who posted their emails and send one out for those that don't visit this forum that often.

turbonem

Veteran Member
TDI
'02jetta wagon red
the 7th is good for me.
on the 6th I'll be finishing up on a head /timing tensioner job on a a-4 quatro 1.8t .

If anyone has any used oil (engine oil, gear oil, atf) that needs a good home bring it and we heat our shop with it in a clean burn heater.

see-ya matt

oriley

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 black Golf
ColoTDI, I'm in! Sunday works for me. Let make plans to meet up somewhere in the Denver area, then head up to Matt's. Anybody else in??
Patrick 720-231-4431

ColoTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Blue Passat Sedan
Sounds like Sunday the 7th is best. Anybody know a coffee house near 285 and Kipling area? How's 10:00am sound?

Matt, are you gonna make the trek up just so you can get your Road Trip in?

We're up to 5 so far, anyone else?
My cell number is 720-338-7614 so if anyone needs to call me last minute for whatever reason.

aw

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 silver Golf GLS
My TDI is at the auto-body shop (freak garage door accident), if I get it back in time, I'll try to come out.

highontdi

TDI
1997 Passat Sedan (totaled), 1998 NB (on last legs), 2010 JSW (sold back 5/2/17)
Sounds like fun but I'll have to pass this time as well. My Passat is also in the body shop
. Got rear-ended a week ago.

rotarykid

Top Post Dawg
Piedmont of N.C. & the plains of Colorado
TDI
1997 Passat TDI White,99.5 Blue Jetta TDI
The 7th @ 10:am ?? How about the Village Inn on the east side of Wadsworth Ave.(CO 121) north of Hamden ave. (US 285) . I talked to my other diesel friend and he said that he might be interested in coming . My condo isn't farr from there .

David

oriley

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 black Golf
How about 9 to 9:30 at Kipling and Belleview at the Starbucks. It takes a good hour and a half to get up there.