colorado TDI owners list

turbonem

Veteran Member
TDI
'02jetta wagon red
I saw someone started a list for tdi owners in california and thought that colorado also should have a list.I figured that we need a better way to network so here goes.

turbonem

Veteran Member
TDI
'02jetta wagon red
matt pizarro fairplay CO
tel # 719 836 3655
e-mail pizza177@juno.com
I'V got vag-com ,obdII scanners and timing belt tools for the ALH engine and a 10,000sq ft shop at my work that can be used on the weekend.( this is a vechile maint shop and is well stocked for emergency prevention )

SEE-YA matt

CraigSmith

TDI
NB 01 Techno Blau
Hi matt,
Craig Smith
out in the woods between Estes Park & Lyons
email dieselnut@starband.net
I just got a vag-com, still learning
That shop sounds great! I will be swapping injector nozzles this weekend, now THAT is a Memorial Day celebration!

DrewD

Veteran Member
Andy Doniec, northern Colorado Springs right by the Air Force Academy. TDI skills: know how to turn Monsoon on, am able to press appropriate key fob button 4 out of 5 tries, skilled at pumping air into tires. 719-487-9395, doniec@hotmail.com

Actual TDI Skill Set:
Oil change
Cat Fuel Filter installation
...more to follow

Lepton

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GLS 5-speed, 2000, Silver
Phil Rosenberg-Watt
Lakewood (SW Denver)
TDI skills: basics. No Vag-Com but can check air pressure, fuel up, clean the windows, change the air filter/check snow screen, wire a ham radio, and pack the car to the roof with junk!

oriley

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 black Golf
Patrick Riley
biodriley@comcast.net
I'm the one that has been talking about a GTG w/ Jon the rally car driver. just been to darn busy to figure it out. Plus I do not have a VAG-COM yet. Planning on it though! Glad somebody started this list!
That gargage sounds very nice....possible GTG place?? I have the Old Navy CCV mod, but want to clean my intake out, but...no garage, or self confidence yet! 720-231-4431

highontdi

TDI
1997 Passat Sedan (totaled), 1998 NB (on last legs), 2010 JSW (sold back 5/2/17)
Steve Ward
Louisville, CO (Just east of Boulder)
Email: wardco@netzero.net
97 Passat Sedan since 12/03

TDI skills: Basics, no VAG-COM

Very interested in a GTG, I've got a set of Blistein TC's in the garage that I need to install. Might tackle that job this Friday.

EBG 1.8T

TDI
golf
Eric in Lakewood. We have a 2002 Golf Tdi and a 2001 Jetta 1.8T. Have Prodiag tool if needed, and can do basic repairs (well sort of), I actually do better paying someone to do the work for me.

homerj

TDI
96 Passat red for now
96 Passat TDI chipped not sure of brand Live in Englewood. Have a friend with Vag-Com. I have timing belt tools for both early TDI 96-99.5 and newer TDI 99.5 - 2003. Have done injection pump swap from old style to newer style 10mm pump in my 96 using the dieselgeek kit. Need to swap my clutch cylinder (not sure if it is the master or slave yet that is bad) Interested in possible GTG this summer!

turbonem

Veteran Member
TDI
'02jetta wagon red
ok so we've got nine people on the list. now we need some ideas for a gtg.

Independance pass is nice this time of year.how about a road ralley?or a barbacue?or we could just meet up and do some gasser~bashing.really it doesen't matter to me, any excuse to drive.I am willing to meet anywhere in CO.

sounds like majority of the gang is centered around denver/CO springs.

I think that a GTG without any major wrenching would allow more social time/planning for wrenching and projects.so I am open to ideas.

if anyone wants to come to fairplay I'd be willing to host it. at my work there is room for a dozen cars inside and my house is about a half mile from the shop. it's about 45 min to the peak of independance pass from here.

grand mesa is also nice this time of year in the evening.

so who is in?

if anyone has an idea for a location in denver that would probabally be best for the largest turn-out.

SEE-YA
matt

oriley

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 black Golf
Matt, this is kinda what I have been thinking about, but obviously that's all.."thinking" I have been so stinking busy w/ work. I have hardly been on here the past couple of weeks...
Anyways..I was thinking of a drive of some sort. A buddy of mine knows a lot of back roads (not necessarly dirt roads) and said he would be willing to help plan a nice route for us.
I was thinking of hitting some coffee shops up there. Also pondering the idea of taking a deck of cards splitting them up amongst a several coffee shops and when one of us TDIers stops in we can pick up a card and head to the next coffee shop and repeat...then at thte end of the day we play our hand...only problem is I'm not a card shark so I'm not sure what game we could play! Help??
Kinda my thoughts...I know a little about these cars, just enough to be dangerous..so I think you got a good idea, all of us at least meet up and then possible go to wrenching from there.??
I love to drive so this all great to me...
Should we start another thread?

TDIdenver

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 99.5, Black(traded in); Jetta 06, Platinum; Jetta 11, Platinum
Live in Denver...as the handle states...got a 99.5 Jetta TDI, no mods that I know of, but am open to suggestions. 400 Miles short of 70,000
. Cell: 303-901-7990, rogue2949@aol.com

TDIdye

Hi, Mike in Boulder. I have a Pela and just enough skill to use it.

'04 Silver 5 Speed, no mods, mostly running Blue Sun B-100 in the summer.

I just posted about local 505.01 oil prices here if you have a PD.

mikesghia

TDI
05 Jetta Platinum Gray
Mike in Southwest Denver.
mikesghia@@comcast.net
I have a stock 04 Jetta TDI.
My wrenching skills are specialized to air-cooled VWs.
I'd be interested in a GTG but I can only get out on Sundays because I work at a dealership.

oriley

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 black Golf
Allright Colorado TDIers, I just PM'd Matt back. We are hopefully gonna get SOMETHING going around here...so stay tunned!! sounds like we have a crowd in Denver area....especially the one w/ the Passat TDI...I'm JEALOUS!!!
Like I said not sure what or when...might just be a social meet'ng...then wrenching sometime latter??!!
Patrick

TDIdenver

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 99.5, Black(traded in); Jetta 06, Platinum; Jetta 11, Platinum
I am definitely in! If there is someone who would be willing to help me clean out my EGR, that would be awesome. I took off the hose from the intercooler yesterday and I was able to see a bit of nastiness in there. I figure I could do it, but would be much more comfortable having someone who has done it before help me. My email is rogue2949@aol.com and I check this forum almost every day.

wob

TDI
Golf GLS, 2004, SIlver
Hi, just bought my first TDI 2 weeks ago and love it!
'04 Golf GLS 5spd manual, silver.
I'm a newbie to the TDI and would love to meet some of you and learn more about this wonderful machine!
I live in Denver, CO. wob@bonch.org

Little Jack

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GL Reflex Silver 2001
Bob in Colorado Springs. I may have met some of you at Jay's last GTG. That's the one where Pete was knocking out timing belt changes left and right. I don't have a lot of skill, but I do have a Vagcom.

oriley

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 black Golf
All Colorado TDIers interested in a GTG of somesort. I apologize that I haven't been in touch w/ some of you that have put there info out there...My new wife and I are planning a big "renewal of vows" thing in my hometown of PA...So I have been pretty busy helping her w/ that...SHe said that I could do what ever w/ a GTG after we get back into town on the 9th of Aug.
I plan on making it a high priority to post a thread on here so we can start planning something....
For all of us to actually meet up and go from there...

For all of the "newbies" good to see ya all!
I have put a shout out there when ever I could while driving. I pulled up to one guy and yelled my screenname ond for him to check out this www....I sure he though I was missing a few screws!

Anyways...more "newbies" put your info here, and like I said i'll make it a point to get somethign going for us!! even if it is just grilling and beers!!
Patrick 720-231-4431

onlyCOpunk

Got another one over here. My name's Colin and I live in the south Denver area. I go to DU, so naturally that's where I'm located.

jaydhall

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SE, 1999 NB, 1999.5 Jetta GLS, 2004 Jetta
Jay in Aurora. Home of two previous GTG's! 152,000 miles on my TDI and counting.

aw

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 silver Golf GLS
Alex, Fort Collins, '03 Silver Golf w/ the Blue Sun Biodiesel sticker on the back.