Coding procedure for CCM Window Modification

Lucas

Veteran Member
TDI
Bora Variant ARL DSG
How do you know you are close? :p
It tried DosBox about a year ago, couldn't even get it to run with an actual COM cable.

Occams_Razor

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon, 2003, Reflex Silver
Software besides VDS-PRO for CCM mods

Hi Guys,

I am really tired of trying to get my prehistoric laptop to work with VDS-Pro and a my HexCom cable, (it used to work, that it the way I programmed 3 cars before, but now I am pretty sure the HexCom programming has been altered to not allow it), so I have a question for all of you.

Is there any other modern software program that will work to do CCM mods that doesn't cost an arm and a leg and will work with a generic cable, (usb prefereably)?

Lucas

Veteran Member
TDI
Bora Variant ARL DSG
Hi Guys,

I am really tired of trying to get my prehistoric laptop to work with VDS-Pro and a my HexCom cable, (it used to work, that it the way I programmed 3 cars before, but now I am pretty sure the HexCom programming has been altered to not allow it), so I have a question for all of you.

Is there any other modern software program that will work to do CCM mods that doesn't cost an arm and a leg and will work with a generic cable, (usb prefereably)?
You need to set your hexcom cable to `non intelligent boot` or something in the settings of VCDS.

sorted

TDI
R32, A4 130 TDI
R32 - uk

Hello Lads (First post and that to reply here!),

I have been looking into this mod with the CCM after installing the relay for the coming home lights.

I have used VagCom and VagTacho before. I have VDS and a working cable. I am able to connect to my CCM - no bother.

The Problem then:

The car is a UK RHD 2DR Mk4 2003 R32. The CCM in VagCom and VDS-Pro is :

1C0 959 799 B

Having a look in the other thread with all the address I can see I should be looking @ -

04331 , 04332 , 04363 - all the old values are meant to be 74 under the variant of Golf (also under passat meant to be be 75).... in the R32 I have and value of 10??? So I am a bit stumped... any ideas?

Cheers,
Neil

graeme86

Veteran Member
TDI
Not yet - fuel is too cheap! - 3.2 VR6 R32
Same as my 2004 R32 in Australia. I had 10 and changed to 2.

This will allow up/down windows with remote.

My car already had the interior monitoring (same as yours) and already has the code from the factory for the 20 second delay alarm if the door opened with key only.

sorted

TDI
R32, A4 130 TDI
Same as my 2004 R32 in Australia. I had 10 and changed to 2.

This will allow up/down windows with remote.

My car already had the interior monitoring (same as yours) and already has the code from the factory for the 20 second delay alarm if the door opened with key only.
Legend! For anyone looking to do these mods and doesnt have a cable. I bought one of these last week (took 6 days to get here) and works with VDSPro.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260458978422

Cheers!

Last edited:

graeme86

Veteran Member
TDI
No worries, mate!

Ebay User id for above cable is: szhid

(I hate it when ebay links die and you lose the information!) ;)

greekdubber

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 C55 AMG 2003 V6 24V BDF
anyone know the address for 1C0 CCM from a Bora Sedan LHD that allows you to arm/lock doors roll up windows...unarm/unlock roll down windows from the trunk lock?....sorry I know wrong thread but no reply for over two weeks

mtbe

TDI
golf IV V6 ( R32 swap) 4motion, Bora variant TDI 4motion ARL
HI!
Have problems with vdc-pro connection. I bought serial cable from szhid, so it should work.(thanks graeme86 for pointing and much more!) I have tried ibm t23 and 380ed models. When i put cable in it dont say anything, my guess is it cannot find cable. So i cannot install drivers for cable. Could it be problem?
With 380ed with win98, im running win dos and starting vdc_e->it comlanes no Uart found.
->esc
->change baud rate to 9600. If i now put 46 and enter it complanes no Uart found. But if i change port to COM2 and then back Com1 it dont comlanes.
If i choose to start cd on ibm 380ed i dont get Uart dont found. It runs 3 times this count down and try to make connection. But no connection.

Now if i enter 46+enter I will get follow screen:
Same results on T23, it have xp and im using boot disc on it.

Any ideas? Is the cable broken or do I have wrong laptops :(

Last edited:

Steve99

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Golf TDI, 04 R32
You have to run 100% native DOS - boot it off a floppy, CDROM or a flash drive. A serial OBDII cable has no drivers.

mtbe

TDI
golf IV V6 ( R32 swap) 4motion, Bora variant TDI 4motion ARL
Yes, graeme email that. Im in this point, it will do same if the cable is connected to car or not. youtube

dany19940

TDI
Seat Toledo
As a late reply to this thread, for the car owners that have 6Q0 959 433 E module in their cars, the modifications that has to be made are:

4361 - deduct 8 (from original value readed with VDS)
4362 - deduct 8
4363 - deduct 8
----------------------------

Driver door
8224 - add 16
8269 - add 16
8314 - add 16
-----------------------------

Passenger door (right front)
12320 - add 16
12365 - add 16
12410 - add 16

---------------------------
Left-back door (if it has electric windows)

16416 - add 16
16461 - add 16
16506 - add 16
-----------------------------

Right-back door (if it has electric windows)

20512 - add 16
20557 - add 16
20602 - add 16

The latest modell in wich I have tryied these mods was an Ibiza EU specs with 2 doors only from 2005, all worked nicely. If your car has 2 doors, then you should modify only the setting for those doors.
I do not know if somebody posted these settings before, if so I just want to remind them, as I saw many questions about this module.
Do not forget to write down the original settings in case that the new ones are not supported by your module !!!
Good luck!

Last edited:

bengone1

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
1998 VW GTi 1Z powered. 06 Jetta PD. 01 allroad 6sp
97-98 Passat CCM 1J0-959-799K

04286 154>2
82291 154>2
82296 154>2
08628 242>246#
12724 250>254*
16820 250>254*
20916 242>246#

If the rear windows operation is inverted try adding or subtracting 4 from the * or # as pairs.

johnboy00

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat Wagon, 2004 Jetta, 2003 Jetta wagon
Anyone know of a current, safe location where I can download VDS Pro? Or alternatively, can someone e-mail me a copy? I tried from one site and It told me to click to update my media player , which I took to meaning: "we have a virus for you".

FlyTDI Guy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS
I kind of had the same experience, only different. Was going to order the interface AND software from an offshore source but after reading the fine print realized it only came with the interface drivers, no VDS-Pro. This was despite it clearly using that verbiage in the sale title. They claimed it was commonly available and downloadable from many sources. NOT. If I could find a clean copy, I'd get the interface and be done with it. This mod has been on my list forever. I already have VagTacho and the USB interface, I wonder if that would work w/VDS-Pro? Certainly does w/VagTaco but I think it needs to be a serial interface, not USB. Sorry for the piggyback...

FlyTDI Guy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS
Finally performed this mod to my Jetta. Interface from szhid, worked like a champ. Pretty cool addition to an already cool ride. :cool:

zukikat

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GLS, 2003 Jetta GLS Wagon
I'm about to attempt this on the factory 1C0 959 799 C version CCM in my 2003 Jetta GLS TDI Wagon. I've gotten the iso burned and booting on a free ancient 750Mhz P3 laptop with on-board com port (that the missing Dell 3-pin charger cost me $10 on amazon to replace) and successfully launched VDS-Pro in the car to verify the CCM version and read the address values but when I began this process I didn't know which CCM I have and then once I found that info I wasn't seeing any matching original values listed versus what my CCM was reporting in the listed 1C0 addresses so I didn't change anything at that point.
Now that I've read through both this entire thread AND the one over on the vortex about this (which surprisingly is a tad better organized for CCM versions and original values to compare) I'm comfortable and confident about the addresses and values I want to try for my 2003 wagon's CCM and I'll definitely post my results when I get the chance to do the changes, hopefully later today.

This is my first try because a buddy already had the cable and dos laptop and was willing to do my first 2001 Jetta sedan for me when I got that car. Three months later that car was totalled but I was hooked on this feature so 2 weeks later he did it on my next 2001 Jetta sedan also. Then 2.5 years later that one's rubbish in a multi-vehicle crash and he's since moved 160 miles away so this time around with my 2003 Jetta Wagon I decided it's time to try this myself.

I ordered a "COM cable KKL" off amazon about 2 months ago, received a USB one instead from Hong Kong several WEEKS later, pointed out their mistake, and several more weeks later the actual serial version I'd actually ordered finally arrived.

Between the serial KKL cable and the laptop charger I'm into this for under $30 so far, totally worth the time, cost, and effort if it actually works and no huge loss if it doesn't.

So far things are off to a good start as I was able to access the CCM, determine its' version code, and read original values in the targeted addresses with the cable and laptop I chose for this project and I've been able to find new values to write that I'm comfortable with trying, so all that's left to do is write the new values, close the controller, exit the software, and see what happens...

It's really HOT down here 9-10 months out of the year with lots of random showers and I LOVE this feature because I often leave my sunroof flipped up for venting the interior heat at work and this way I can close it from the back porch when the rain begins without having to go out to the car in the rain and get soaked while fumbling with a key or whatever else just to close the roof... I really hope it works on my 2003 wagon.

Last edited:

FlyTDI Guy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS
Good luck w/your '03 zukikat...

Just a small aside, after the mods I made to the CCM there was another subtle behavior change. I am in the habit of carrying two keys so I can exit the running car and lock the door(s) manually while I run into the house or convenience store, etc. Using the key, the alarm horn now chirps where it never did before. Seems to be a 'undocumented feature' of the remote window mod. One (or all) of those values I changed also affected the horn behavior.

Now I need to do the extended antenna mod to get some more range and reliability. Your back porch must be pretty close to your parking spot. Mine, not so much.

I did an aftermarket remote install on my old(er) GM Blazer and it had a range of over 1 block. I got spoiled by that. It was especially nice for remote start, never had to leave the house. My VW range is limited to just a few feet. It would be nice to extend that out to 50ft or so. Also, I do know/use the elbow/chin trick. Works but still unreliable beyond 25ft or so.

zukikat

Veteran Member
TDI
^^^ Thanks man! :)
Yeah, the back porch and a certain upstairs office window that it usually worked from are maybe 2-3 car lengths from where I usually park.
I've also had it work from inside the house looking out a window about 25-30 feet away on the 2001 Jetta. I have no idea yet what range this 2003 wagon will have though.

If a moderator finds the info in my results below to be acceptable it would be nice to have the coding info for this version CCM and 2003 Jetta Wagon included (and 'wagon' specified) in one of the top posts to save a LOT of searching time and effort for us 1C0 C type 2003 Wagon owners who want to attempt this mod but are nervous about seeing totally different original values than any that are listed up there and possibly causing hatch issues, rear window issues, etc by guessing at any of this...
Note that as 2 or three others did eventually list somewhere in this thread, the original values in those three addresses for the 1C0 C module in my 2003 are considerably different from any of the ones listed for a 1C0 up near or at the thread's top so far.

From the entire threads I've read through before attempting this mod on here and on the vortex, during this mod some people have reported Golf and/or Wagon hatch operation behaviors effected in different ways, some people have had rear window movements for up/down go opposite or no longer operate, some people have had the alarm beep/chirp stop or start, some people have had the lock cylinder key up/down function become removed, and I'm not sure what else this mod sometimes also effects (which appears to totally vary by model year, CCM version, vehicle model, and country!) so here are my findings for my Jetta, what I chose to try, and what results I'm finding so far...

Vehicle:
2003 Jetta Wagon, GLS TDI 5-Speed, USA
1C0 959 799 C 8A Komfortge rßt HLO 0003 (as stated in VDS-Pro)

What was listed/suggested (in very few posts) for this CCM and year/model vehicle:
(supposedly subtract 8 from original values for this mod for some 1C0 CCM units)
Vortex's post#1 specified 2003 Jetta Wagon TDI values below:
(it is also listed here but somewhere buried way down deep in this thread)
address old new
04361 202 194
04362 202 194
04363 202 194 (possibly optional)

What I chose to try first for my 2003 Jetta Wagon:
address old new
04361 202 194
04362 202 194
04363 202 202 (I left it unchanged)

Mod tested, observed results:

Key in the lock still closes sunroof/windows or only opens windows, same as before.

Remote lock held, closes all windows and close sunroof (either slide or flip).
Remote unlock held, opens all windows, sunroof state remains uneffected.
Remote hatch, lock+arm, unlock one door/unlock all doors operate same as before.
Factory alarm still lights with no beep on unlock and beeps with lights on lock as before.

All wagon hatch functions still operate 100% the same as before this mod.
Window switches, fronts still full auto, rears still manual, all operate same as before.

I have no clue about any remote open sunroof possibility and I don't need that.
I have no clue what those three addresses are actually for or why it works as expected (and desired) without changing the value of the third address.

Be VERY careful when typing a 'write' address because a numeric typo there could be a very bad thing!!!

zukikat

Veteran Member
TDI
If it's the czeck one it's not free, or at least it didn't used to be, and this process varies quite a bit by model, year, country, and comfort module version so it's not a one thing fits all sort of deal... Plus you would still need to connect a cable to the car to apply the mod.

SFHGolfTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jolf GLS TDI - Reflex Silver (purchased 2011) | Previously: 2001 Golf GL TDI - Indigo Blue (sold 2005)
If it's the czeck one it's not free, or at least it didn't used to be, and this process varies quite a bit by model, year, country, and comfort module version so it's not a one thing fits all sort of deal... Plus you would still need to connect a cable to the car to apply the mod.
It is the Chzech one. The software was free, just had to buy the correct k cable on eBay. Then you get some registration code from the software on their website and enter it in to unlock it, but this was several years ago, so haven't bothered to look at it recently.

graeme86

Veteran Member
TDI
Vehicle:
2003 Jetta Wagon, GLS TDI 5-Speed, USA
1C0 959 799 C 8A Komfortge rßt HLO 0003 (as stated in VDS-Pro)

What was listed/suggested (in very few posts) for this CCM and year/model vehicle:
(supposedly subtract 8 from original values for this mod for some 1C0 CCM units)
Vortex's post#1 specified 2003 Jetta Wagon TDI values below:
(it is also listed here but somewhere buried way down deep in this thread)
address old new
04361 202 194
04362 202 194
04363 202 194 (possibly optional)

What I chose to try first for my 2003 Jetta Wagon:
address old new
04361 202 194
04362 202 194
04363 202 202 (I left it unchanged)

I have no clue what those three addresses are actually for or why it works as expected (and desired) without changing the value of the third address.
To clarify a few points you have raised for any future modders, if I may.:eek:

The values are repeated three times as a sort of triple redundancy, so you should change all three so they match properly, but as you have found, the mod works with just two being changed.

The values quoted are really just the decimal value of the hexidecimal byte you find at that address (the program converts the values for you to decimal on the screen)

So, decimal 202 = 11001010

By "subtracting 8" for the mod, you are technically disabling bit 3 (changing value from 1 to 0) which actually activates the "remote windows" function in this case.

So this becomes 11000010 with happens to be decimal 194

The default factory value of 1 = "disable" remote windows function.

The other bits control other functions in the module, so as long as you only change bit 3 at these addresses, nothing else get affected.

All 1C0 series modules use the addresses 04361, 04362 and 04363 for the location of this bit3 that controls the "remote windows".

As people have found there are many different "decimal" values at these addresses in different modules and this completely depends on what other features are active in the car.

The key to this mod is to set bit 3 value to "0" and not alter anything else.

:)

SFHGolfTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jolf GLS TDI - Reflex Silver (purchased 2011) | Previously: 2001 Golf GL TDI - Indigo Blue (sold 2005)
It is the Chzech one. The software was free, just had to buy the correct k cable on eBay. Then you get some registration code from the software on their website and enter it in to unlock it, but this was several years ago, so haven't bothered to look at it recently.
I just looked up the website again. The "lite" version, which if I recall is all you need, is free. http://www.motordiag.cz/mkm.

It seemed to correctly read my CCM with my dumb K cable that I purchased on eBay, but my window mod was already done previously, so I just left it alone and didn't get past the reading of the CCM. The thread I linked to above shows the process and a video how-to. Together with google translate, it seemed relatively straightforward. The trickiest part was figuring out the drivers and getting the cable set up on the right ports, etc. (this was definitely not straightforward if I recall).

EDIT: Also a long Vortex thread about it: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5410905-roll-window-up-and-down-with-key-fob. Seems to work fine for many people.

Last edited:

markieb

TDI
'04 Jetta, Platinum Grey
bring thead back to life

I did this coding on my 2004 jetta a few years ago and it works perfectly.
I now also own a 2005 Beetle Convertible (2.0 not TDI :() and would like to program the Beetle. My only hesitation is the 2005 convertibles have a software feature added to the CCM that drops the window 1/4 inch when the door is unlocked or opened so the glass will not hit the top when the door is open. I'm wondering if anyone with a convertible has coded their car? If they did was the window drop unaffected?

nineeightyone

TDI
'04 Jetta Wagon
Sorry to resurrect this thread (again), but I've been and am still chasing issues on this one.

Has anyone else here with a mk4 wagon had the issue with the boot unlatching when unlocking the doors, after using the KVW100?

I'm trying to find a way to correct that behavior, or at least return my CCM to stock settings, but the uninstall procedure listed on the ECSTuning website isn't helping.

I'd love any/all insight!

graeme86

Veteran Member
TDI
Not sure exactly how US cars hatch works, but with Euro locks you have an option in Adaption Channel -10- for "one touch/ two touch" unlocking? That may have changed during the coding with KVW100.

The Wagon uses different CCM coding to a Golf anyway as it has electronic lock for hatch like a Bora lock...not sure if that is relevant.

Can you even unlock the CCM once KVW100 installed? Originally not, unless they have changed their program?

Last edited: