Coding procedure for CCM Window Modification

MhVW

TDI
2006 VW Polo Classic 1.9TDi
I can't seems to get this coding right on my Polo TDi CCM# 6Q0 959 433 E

I can get my hands on a Golf IV CCM# 1C0 959 799 B for which there is coding.

Would it be possible foe me to replace my 6Q0 959 433 E CCM with the
1C0 959 799 B CCM?
Would it be a straight swap?
What difficulties could I expect to encounter by doing this?
Would it be advised to change the CCM or not?

vampie.boy

TDI
2004 UK Passat Wagon 130 TDI PD B5.5
Windows rollup/dn with the key

Read all 31 pages with interest, great work guys!

Just a quick question and apologies if it has been answered before;

After this mod is performed, will the auto window rollup/down with the key in the lock be automatically disabled, or will a further change of the CCM address values be required to disable the window up/down feature with the key?

Could someone plese try the key with their modded CCM and report back?

Many thanks.

Last edited:

Lucas

Veteran Member
TDI
Bora Variant ARL DSG
Key in door function remains. It is possible to disable this, but it also disabled the function via the remote.

vampie.boy

TDI
Key in door function remains. It is possible to disable this, but it also disabled the function via the remote.
Thanks for this Lucas.

All the more reason to still consider the "delocking" mod after performing this.

I wanted to do this for ages but gave up due to not having the serial cable.

Met vriedelijke grote!

blizzard60

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
Have you also changed the bits to disable to "turn off alarm with key-in-door" option too? That is one of the greatest things with this, but isn't talked about much.

Now RoW CCMs might have this stock, but we certainly don't here.

Cheers,
-Chris

Lucas

Veteran Member
TDI
Bora Variant ARL DSG
Have you also changed the bits to disable to "turn off alarm with key-in-door" option too? That is one of the greatest things with this, but isn't talked about much.

Cheers,
-Chris
My Europe CCM had this stock. I've seen also which hasn't. I think if you have factory backup horn, it is enabled. Normal horn not.

blizzard60

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
My Europe CCM had this stock. I've seen also which hasn't. I think if you have factory backup horn, it is enabled. Normal horn not.
That would make sense why some have it and some don't!! What I don't understand is why this isn't standard on ALL 1C0 ccms? It is way better!!!

vampie.boy

TDI

Cheers,
-Chris
That is pretty much where I my question about disabling the window up/down function was heading, but disabling the "alarm disarm with key" is a much more elegant way around the problem, so thanks for pointing that out.

Mine does not have it stock, the factory alarm can be enabled/disabled with the key in the door lock, also windows go up and down this way, but of course, not with the remote (yet).

Would anyone know the procedure and additional CCM coding for disabling the "alarm disarm with key" in the door lock please?

Mine is a 2004 UK Passat wagon 3BC (B5.5) with a 1C0 959 799 B Component: 8Q Komfortgerát HLO 0004 CCM and
also has the stock DWA backup horn option (set to the Uber-kewl German tone!) with stock internal monitoring that has worked flawless from day one.

I also read with interest about changing the bits to enable the tailgate (trunk) to be "popped" with one single press and my understanding is to enable this, I should change the values from 75 to 66 to match the sedan values rather than 67, and additional mechanical work may be required to make the struts actually lift the heavy tailgate on a wagon.

Can't wait to get my hands on a serial cable, will report back!

Many thanks!

Last edited:

Lucas

Veteran Member
TDI
Bora Variant ARL DSG
Have you found the other big thread about VDSPro? It's all there.

About the popping: i changed this too, but now it won't open with the switch in the trunk. I hope this works out better for you.

vampie.boy

TDI
Do you mean tis one;

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=160960

Read all the pages to date but could not find anything about the codes diabling the alarm disarm with the key in drivers door for 1CO CCMs.

Is there another thread somewhere that I missed?
I would be greatful if soneone can perhaps point me to the right place to look.

I am not sure what you mean about the switch in the trunk; my passat has a three button fob and a button on the drivers door to open the trunk. This button only sends an "enable" to the lock; to open the trunk one still needs to touch the switch behind the rubber above the numberplate middle on the tailgate to actually open it.

So, if the CCM coding is changed to 66, and you press the keyfob trunk button or the trunk button on the drivers door, does your trunk "pop" open without the need to touch the microswitch on the trunk?

Many thanks.

Last edited:

vampie.boy

TDI
My adventure with VDC Pro

Here it is;

Made a CD with an image Iso and got this cable from Ebay;

Item no; 260371510896 seller ID; SZHID

It took a couple of weeks for the cable to arrive and I was pleasantly surprised with its quality. I have bought cheap USB versions before, but this was definitely a class up from the usual.

Got my trusted Dell Latitude D610 to boot in the pure DOS mode and tried every trick to get the cable to make a connection with the control module, but had no luck. I could get VDS Pro to run on it but it just refused to connect to the CCM. Dell Latitude D610 is one of the rare newish laptops with a native 9 pin serial port and it is approved for use by many professional companies involved in service of electronic equipment specifically for its ability to connect to various other equipment utilising a serial com port. I have used this laptop to access and reprogram professional equipment worth at least 10 times the value of my VW via serial port a number of times sucesfully and was really disapointed I could not get it to work with VDS pro and would love to find out if anyone knows why.

The job was done with an old Samsung V20 laptop that is on its last legs but was able to connect to the CCM with a fixed baud rate setting of 9600.

The car is a 2004 UK imported RHD Passat TDI PD 130 Trendline with 4 electric windows and factory alarm, no sunroof.
CCM type 1C0 959 799 B HLO 0004

The car also has the factory DWA with internal monitoring enabled, I have subsequently enabled myself the auto lock / unlock, recoded the CCM soft code for non selective locking, and enabled alarm lock / unlock chirps with a VW tool and a USB el cheapo cable easily.

Controller coding with VDC pro;

VDC Pro, module 46, login code 19283

NOTE: Configuration tab; Change baud rate to fixed 9600 and the first value under protocols tab to 2500 (default is 5000) use” alt o” to OK it and then “save”!

1C0 959 799 B HLO 0004
To have auto window rollup/down with keyfob;
Memory Address / old value / new value
04361 / 75 / 67
04362 / 75 / 67
04363 / 75 / 67

This works a treat, but no "automagic" one touch closure.

Keeping my eye on this thread; http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=282399 with interest! Any advice on trying the value 66 instead of 67 in the hope that the tailgate may also "pop" open, without the need for pressing the microswitch above the numberplate?

To disable alarm disarm with the key unlock in drivers door;
04364 / 252 / 240
04365 / 252 / 240
04366 / 252 / 240
VDC Pro, module 46, login code 19283

Dec 252 = Bin 11 11 11 00(change bits in red to 00 to disable alarm disarm with key in drivers door)
Dec 240 = Bin 11 11 00 00 (change bits in red to 11 to enable alarm disarm with key in drivers door)

There is a slight side effect with this; Single chirp (arm system) is followed by a slight second “pop” from DWA siren when arming. It is hardly audible and I can live with it, but I wander if I have done something wrong?

This mod is a great correction to a serious securty flaw with the cars that are equipped with the factory alarm, but it still takes about 20 seconds for the alarm to sound when the drivers door is opened. Bizzarely, if any other door is opened at any time after arming, the alarm sounds immediately. Any idea if there is a way of correcting for this delay?

After the mod, it is still possible to arm the alarm by locking the door with the key. :D

To disable alarm disarm with key in ignition (immo disconnect)
04355 / 156 / 28
04356 / 156 / 28
04357 / 156 / 28
Dec 156 = Bin 10011100 (change bits in red to 0 to disable alarm disarm with key in ignition switch)
Dec 28 = Bin 00011100 (change bits in red to 1 to enable alarm disarm with key in ignition switch)

(I did not do this one, my car came with this enabled and I want to keep the option of alarm disarm with key in ignition, in case the fob battery goes flat or the fob stops working)

Many thanks to Lucas and Blizzard60 for pointing me in the right direction for this one, also Graeme86 and Lito, not forgettting SashET but my biggest thanks goes to El Madelgado Grande who discovered it first; http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=1614306&postcount=113

I want a T-shirt with his picture!

MADELGADO FOR NEW AUS PRESIDENT!

Decimal to binary converter:

http://acc6.its.brooklyn.cuny.edu/~gurwitz/core5/nav2tool.html

or just google it!

My next project is to get the needles to illuminate and to enable the WELCOME message with VAG Tacho. DTE is already enabled.

Great thread guys, read all the pages with interest, without you I would have been too chicken to even try this. Keep up the good work!

Feel free to PM me if you need more details or if anyone in Melbourne wants help with this.

~V.b~

Last edited:

Lucas

Veteran Member
TDI
Bora Variant ARL DSG
@vampie.boy: the delay is normal, because else you have no time to put the key in the ignition.

TDI_Votex

Veteran Member
TDI
Bora Votex, 2003, Gris Platine
Newer laptop are to fast. VDS-Pro communication timing is software, so if the laptop is to fast, it does not give time to the CCM to answer.

I keep a very-very-very old Toshiba Tecra exclusively for VDS-Pro.
...Got my trusted Dell Latitude D610 .... I could get VDS Pro to run on it but it just refused to connect to the CCM. ...

The job was done with an old Samsung V20 laptop that is on its last legs but was able to connect to the CCM with a fixed baud rate setting of 9600.

graeme86

Veteran Member
TDI
Not yet - fuel is too cheap! - 3.2 VR6 R32
I can run vdspro off my home computer with Serial Port no problems, so I don't think that is the issue in this case.

Steve99

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Golf TDI, 04 R32
My Dell Latitude D610 works perfect with VDS-Pro. I boot off a 512 meg flash drive I had collecting dust. Computer speed does not appear to be an issue at all with it. It just really wants a genuine hardware serial port and it prefers good'ol DOS.

vampie.boy

TDI
Tried Graeme's iso image but could not get it to work with my Dell Lat 610. Worked perfect on the old Samsung. Same serial cable. The other day I used the Dell to connect to a professional system using telnet hyperterminal native Com 1 through a serial null modem cable and it worked as always. Hyperterminal is used through Windows XP though. I wander if there is something in the pure dos that sets the com port that could be incorrect for the VDS application?

Steve, both Graeme86 and myself would love to know what is the trick to get the Dell Lat D610 to work? Could we please try your iso image?

Many thanks!

vampie.boy

TDI
My Dell Latitude D610 works perfect with VDS-Pro. I boot off a 512 meg flash drive I had collecting dust. Computer speed does not appear to be an issue at all with it. It just really wants a genuine hardware serial port and it prefers good'ol DOS.

For both my Dell 610 and Samsung V20 my protocol parmeters tab (ALT f for Configuration then P for Protocol) values are reading:

[X] ACK between different measured value groups (AG4)
[ ] Debug messages by interupted contacts

The specs for the two compures are:

Samsung V20

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 1.80Ghz
Ram: 512 Mb
Native DB-9 Serial port

Dell Latitude D610

CPU: Intel Centrino 1.73Ghz
Chassis: D3R20U13
Ram: 2Gb
Native DB-9 Serial port

Both machines have the serial port enabled as COM1 in their BIOS and are booting off a CD rom.

Steve99, would it be too much trouble to ask you to post your protocol parameters values for your Dell 610 to compare?

I know this may be a little off topic and I do apologise, but think it may be helpful to the other guys too.

No hurry, I was able to do what I wanted to do to my dub with VDC pro, thanks to the fantastic work of all of you guys.

I read with interest your work with the KVW100 module.
I almost bought this back in 2006 when I first got the car, and boy am I glad I didn't, thanks to your thread!

Regards

~V.b~

Last edited:

aruizdechavez

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 GLX Passat; 2008 Sport Bora ... Non TDI :(
I concur with graeme... Computer speed does not seem to be the issue.
Used my previous lap (Dell Latitude D620) with vds with no problems.
What i did:
Formated (FAT 32) an old 512 mb firefly usb flash drive with an HP tool.
Transferred win 98 Os with the same HP tool
Manually copied VDS pro files to usb flash
On lap bios, turned on USB as boot device and checked if COM1 address was set ok.
So.. When turning on the lap, hit F12 (boot options) and select usb
Less than a minute later, good old native ms-dos on display
On vdspro, check config and set it to com1 and "try" on baud speed. For some reason some control modules read faster than others.
That D620 was replaced with a Latitude E6400 (no com port)... But used a borrowed D620 from a coworker with no problem.
Cant remember now the name of the HP tool or com native adress to set in bios, but i have my notes somewhere in my lap. Let me know if interested.
Good day to all.

vampie.boy

TDI
I concur with graeme... Computer speed does not seem to be the issue.
Used my previous lap (Dell Latitude D620) with vds with no problems.
What i did:
Formated (FAT 32) an old 512 mb firefly usb flash drive with an HP tool.
Transferred win 98 Os with the same HP tool
Manually copied VDS pro files to usb flash
On lap bios, turned on USB as boot device and checked if COM1 address was set ok.
So.. When turning on the lap, hit F12 (boot options) and select usb
Less than a minute later, good old native ms-dos on display
On vdspro, check config and set it to com1 and "try" on baud speed. For some reason some control modules read faster than others.
That D620 was replaced with a Latitude E6400 (no com port)... But used a borrowed D620 from a coworker with no problem.
Cant remember now the name of the HP tool or com native adress to set in bios, but i have my notes somewhere in my lap. Let me know if interested.
Good day to all.
That would be great if you have the time to post the notes.
Perhaps the trick is to boot with a USB drive?

The engineering establishment I work for had Dell computers approved for this kind of work to other equipment using com1 serial connection.
Historically they had Dell Latitude D600 to start with, then D610, then D620 certified specifically for their on board pure serial com ports. AFAIK all three types are still in use amongst the engineers globally.

I now had the incentive to get my old Samsung fixed up to use purely for the car work and my vag tacho cable arrived today, so I'll give the illuminated needles mod a go over the weekend. Trouble is the battery is almost dead on the Samsung so I still have to be near the mains power connection to be able to do anything with it.

It would be nice to get the Dell 610 working. If your D620 is working then there is hope for my D610. I'll try using the USB flash drive on it and report back.

Many thanks in advance.

~V.b~

Last edited:

Matt-98AHU

Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI, 2005 Passat wagon, 2004 Touareg V10.
Any chance that a newer Ross-Tech USB cable could perform this task in DOS? From what I remember, USB support in DOS can be a touchy thing... Most laptops don't have serial ports these days... I guess the other question would be does VDS Pro recognize the USB cables?

I like the idea of having a USB drive to boot to DOS.

Lucas

Veteran Member
TDI
Bora Variant ARL DSG
No that doesn't work, I even tried software that supposedly `unlocks` the COM port so that it can be freely used by a `real` MS-DOS, which I ran through VM-ware.

You can use a COM ross-tech dongle with VDS-Pro though...

aruizdechavez

Veteran Member
TDI
Good night to all.

The tool I used was HP Drivekey Boot Utility, available @ hp.com. Yes, it does work with non-HP flash drive. Mine was a Lexar Firefly 512mb.

Yes, key is to boot from USB native DOS (win98 still runs on top of it). Booting from USB keeped my Win XP and all job-related stuff "normal". This is: only when needed, a simply F12 when power it up switched from hard disk WinXP to USB native DOS.

I have the win98 boot files available and ready to send (PM if interested). On top of this, included a simple autoexec.bat and a DOS genius mouse driver to be able to use the laptop touchpad (or the "clit") as mouse within VDS pro (cool, huh?)

Well, that it is! good night!

Steve99

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Golf TDI, 04 R32
I also used HP Drivekey to make my bootable flash drives. I only have Dos 6.22 on the drive, nice and simple. In the BIOS I set USB devices higher in the boot order then the harddrive so if the flash drive is connected when the laptop is powered on it will automatically boot from the flash drive.

aruizdechavez

Veteran Member
TDI
Steve! Yes, of course usb higher on boot sequence makes it automatic.
The downside from my point of view is that whenever another usb thing is connected when power up, it will look to boot from there first.
This is: i use several external hdds for differnt purposes (music, video, backup) so.. i guess there're several ways to kill a fly...
Good night!!!

Steve99

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Golf TDI, 04 R32
Absolutely, My Dell D600 is only used for car stuff so the flash drives are the only USB storage devices I use. I got it for 35 dollars when my wifes work was upgrading equipment, it generally stays in my car.

Matt-98AHU

Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI, 2005 Passat wagon, 2004 Touareg V10.
I got close to getting VDS Pro to work with my USB cable in Win 7 today...

I've done a lot of trial and error and haven't quite gotten it to work yet. Here's what I've done thus far:

First, you need different drivers from Ross-Tech for your USB cable. That can be found here. This makes it so that your Ross-Tech USB cable can be recognized by other programs who would use the cable via COM/serial port.

Follow the instructions closely at the above link.

The next thing I did was download DOSBox.

This isn't only a DOS Emulator, but an x86 emulator. It even has control to virtually vary the processing speed since some programs expect to see specific processor speeds to work correctly. Some programs may run too fast or slow depending what it's set at. This isn't something we need to be concerned with using VDS pro, however. Just a general idea of some of the things DOSBox is capable of.

I put VDS Pro in c:\vds_pro\ on my PC. Once DOSBox is started, you need to mount a virtual C:. The prompt defaults to Z:\.

To do this, you enter: mount c c:\vds_pro

Or at least that's what I did for my case since that's where the files I am concerned with are located.

You then give the command to change drives: c:

Enter the name of the bat file to start VDS Pro: vag

VDS Pro starts up, no problem. At first I get a UART error due to the cable not being hooked up. My cable was set in Windows to COM3. I manually changed the setting in VDS Pro to use the cable on COM3. The error went away and it appeared to attempt to connect. Hook it up to a car with the key on, nothing. The LED on the cable doesn't even turn red at any point. Just stays green.

I've tried a number of different things, even putting the VCDS cable to COM1 and completely reinstalling VDS. It still won't communicate.

Also of note, there is a command you can use to virtually map whatever com port you want to be recognized as com1 or 2 etc. in DOSBox. Before changing my cable to COM1 in Windows, I attempted to map COM3 to COM1 in DOSBox and all I got were error codes in the status screen.

Close, but no cigar! It was also suggested to me to uncheck the "start in smart mode" box in VCDS. No change.

Would be curious to see someone else give it a go.