Coding procedure for CCM Window Modification

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
So I just tried this on my cousin's 2.0 2000 New Beetle. The roll down feature worked, but when you open the hatch it locked the doors. Also, if the hatch was 1/2 latched it wouldn't let you pop it, you had to do it manually with the key. I ended up putting it back to stock. Anyone else have that problem?

-Jason

SnuRRe

TDI
None
Hi.

Old thread, but I'll try anyway and hope someone is still reading this;)

First of all, THANK YOU for all your research and information in this thread:)

Been reading the whole thread now, and haven't seen anyone mention the "1J0 959 799 J" CCM. It's in a Golf MKIV LHD four el-windows.
Does anyone have the original coding for this?
I was kind of(extremely:eek:) stupid and started coding without doing the reading first:eek:

I did get the auto-windows to work, and I love it:D And everything else seems to work fine. But that was after just trying different values simular to the other CCM's.
And now I'm a little worried that something isn't how it's supposed to be and maybe make some throuble...

I've had a little throuble with the auto-windows function two times.
What happens is that when I lock the car and hold the locking-button while all four windows are rolled down, only the two windows on the right starts to roll up.
If I then release the button, and press and hold it again, all four windows comes up just fine.
Anyone got any idea what that is all about?

-Morten

demented_irony

TDI
none
I'm having some problems with this mod. First off, I have a 2000 Jetta GLX with CCM 1J0 959 799 AJ. After following the instructions, all of my windows and sunroof work via the remote except for the driver's rear window - it doesn't do anything, yet works with the interior switches.
Address/original/current
04283: 8 / 2
04289: 8 / 2
08628: 242 / 246
12724: 250 / 254
16280: 4 / ?
20916: 250 / 254

Setting 16280 (driver's rear window) to either 246 or 254 does nothing. Attached is a pic of it's current settings.

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Reflex silver, rough road suspension and steel skid plate, 2004 Passat Variant, Candy White, rough road suspension and geared balanced shaft module, and much, much more. 2016 LR RR HSE TD6, 2019 Jaguar I-PACE
You'll find in post #5 of the thread that the addresses should be set to the values shown:

4283 -> 2
4289 -> 2
8628 -> 246
12724 -> 254
16820 -> 254
20961 -> 246

I hope your post above of "20916" was a misprint.

TDI_Votex

Veteran Member
TDI
Bora Votex, 2003, Gris Platine
Has anyone tried on a Beetle 2006 TDI (of course)? I cannot connect to any module of the car with VDS-Pro. My VDS setup is working fine and on first try on my Beetle 99 and Jetta 03. CCM is 1C0 959 799 G.

Edit: Forget it, just tried again on my Jetta, and cannot connect anymore

Last edited:

SyntorX9000

TDI
2002 JETTA GLS TDI
Pinout?

Does anyone know the pinout for the serial vag com cable? I am going to make one out of my usb HEX key? Is this a good idea?

TDI_Votex

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI_Votex said:
Has anyone tried on a Beetle 2006 TDI (of course)? I cannot connect to any module of the car with VDS-Pro. My VDS setup is working fine and on first try on my Beetle 99 and Jetta 03. CCM is 1C0 959 799 G.

Edit: Forget it, just tried again on my Jetta, and cannot connect anymore
Did it on 3 cars with my Dell Latitude D800, DOS mode boot from a CD, but always had to try few times before getting connected to the CCM. When I tried to do it on my Beetle 2006, could not connect. Tried on my already modified Bora, but could not connect, even if it worked few month ago.

Timing is crucial. Newer laptop are simply to fast. So I used an old piece of c**p from the office, the kind of laptop that no one want to work with, the one on the shelf, right next to the garbage can. A good old Toshiba Tecra 800 with Win98 (wow).

You realy have to cold boot in DOS. I you try to reboot to DOS from within Windows 98, the OS will keep a hold on the serial port and VDS will give a red window with "no serial port found" error (can't remember the exact message).

So dig up the oldest laptop, and it will work.

Gearhead51

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta
Just out of curiosity, why doesn't anybody make this run in Windows with USB? Is it impossible for somebody like VCDS to integrate these functions? Is it just a supply and demand situation? My last 3 laptops haven't had a serial port, and I hang onto hardware for a LOOOONG time.

graeme86

Veteran Member
TDI
Not yet - fuel is too cheap! - 3.2 VR6 R32
Stay tuned for developments. My genius nephew is rewriting some script to at least enable this with a plug in PCMCIA Serial Card like the Quatech SSP 100 (one of VAGCOMs recommended plug in cards).

My limited understanding is that there is no USB support in DOS, so that will never work, however the plug in serial card may.

Last edited:

TDI_Votex

Veteran Member
TDI
Like I said, timing is crutial wth VDS. Slow laptop on serial port: this is what VDS is design for. VDS would need to be rewriten to work with USB.

SyntorX9000

TDI
2002 JETTA GLS TDI
did my 2002 Jetta GLS TDI

Memory Address / old value / new value
04361 / 138 / 67
04362 / 138 / 67
04363 / 138 / 67

This is what worked for my 799C

madelgado

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 3BG 2001
SyntorX9000 said:
Memory Address / old value / new value
04361 / 138 / 67
04362 / 138 / 67
04363 / 138 / 67

This is what worked for my 799C
Did you experience any difference regarding the boot? For instance, before the mod, it didn't unlock with the rest of the doors and now it does? or something like that? Is it sedan or variant? (I guess sedan) The logical value would be hex $82 or decimal 130...

Last edited:

SyntorX9000

TDI
2002 JETTA GLS TDI
Mine is a sedan...yes...I just noticed the trunk won't pop from remote or button on door...its key-only.

Is there a way around this?

SyntorX9000

TDI
2002 JETTA GLS TDI
VDoubleUVR6 said:
One more completed tonight...this one was on a friends Fiancee's '05 GLI

1C0 959 799 C (2005 Jetta GLI 1.8T/Double DIN radio)
Memory Address old value new value
04361 138 130
04362 138 130
04363 138 n/c

Now I'm curious of something. When reading through all the posts yesterday I saw that there is two different "new" values that could be used for this module when the old value being 138 and that is 66. I havent tried it since I always try the 130 value first since it works.

Is the "new" 66 value for 2002 and older models with the 799C part#?

I used 67 for all three in mine and it works but the trunk won't pop,..so I am going to do the #'s listed above and see what happens. Mine is a 1C0 959 799 C as well. and my original #'s are all 138.
Will get it done in a couple hours and post results.

SyntorX9000

TDI
2002 JETTA GLS TDI
Just programmed my 2002 Jetta GLS TDI 1C0 959 799 C

No weirdness...just works like a charm. Pops trunk from keyfob and switch in cabin. Also, the alarm does go off immediately if I try to unlock/open the door thru an open window....

Last edited:

madelgado

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 3BG 2001
SyntorX9000 said:
Just programmed my 2002 Jetta GLS TDI 1C0 959 799 C

No weirdness...just works like a charm. Pops trunk from keyfob and switch in cabin. Also, the alarm does go off immediately if I try to unlock/open the door thru an open window....
I should be 130 for all the three... those are redundant, and only under memory failures, it should be different... change the third one (if you want, obviously) to 130. That will be perfect.

The values change with the "options" that your CCM comes with... threre are like 5 or 6 variations of each CCM model (I mean, for the same part-number). That's why it is very important to think about changing one single bit to enable/disable one specific feature... because if you change at *byte* level, you are potentially afecting to other 7 features. From my experience, I can say that you can "hang" a CCM by changing an incorrect bit while "thinking" on a different one. In this case, the feature of rolling windows is pretty well identified on bit xxxx-Xxxx at addresses 4361, 4362, 4363 (same value for the three). So it is better to read what you have originally (138 in your case), turn this into binary 10001010 and replace only the bit that disables the rolling of windows... New value is 10000010 = decimal 130... That's the safest way to do it without having side effects. In this forum there are listings of values paired with part numbers... and those may work for most models, but in some ones it will cause side effects. The same byte is shared with the trunk configuration bits, and that's why I asked (and I didn't failed) if you were having side effects with the trunk... Cheers!

Last edited:

Blankstar85

TDI
04 Jetta TDI 1.9L
Wow, I had the hardest time getting VDSPro working. Went through three laptops. lol. Got it working though.

I have the 1C0 959 799 C

I changed 4361-3 to 130. Worked. Old value was 138

The only thing that i am wondering is is there a way to get them to roll up with just pushin the unlock button? like the module is suppose to do? I think i read that a few others have got it to work but has anyone with the 799c got it to work?

andrei.toledo

TDI
Seat Toledo
Hello everybody!
I own a 2002 Seat Toledo and I would like to know the right values to be changed for my car as I didn't find something for my CCM.
The code is [FONT=&quot]1C0 959 799 E
Thanks in advance for your help!
[/FONT]

graeme86

Veteran Member
TDI
Not yet - fuel is too cheap! - 3.2 VR6 R32
You plug in VAGCOM and there is a "Longcode helper" which has all the options right in front of you.

You just need to check or uncheck the boxes.

:)

JustHarry

TDI
VW Bora 1.9 TDI SE
Has anyone figured out the "one press" close for the auto windows ?
I would like that but dont want to buy the KW100 plug which locks you out!!

Thanks

DucMike

Veteran Member
TDI
none
Gawd, I am hoping I don't run into that lock-out when I finally start looking into modding my CCM. I did the KVW a few years ago, prior to my finding this thread (and this site, for that matter).

A quick question; I have tried searching but have not found the answer. Is there a definitive system requirement in order to run VDS-Pro? I'm looking at picking up a lap-top soon & was wondering if I need any particular combo in order to start mixing it up.

Last edited:

fitzski

Veteran Member
TDI
Uh... hmm... Well, none...
You ideally need a serial/com port (not common on newer laptops) and the ability to boot to DOS (boot CD, floppy). Getting it running with emulators, over USB, in Windows is not recommended (if even possible... but I do recall somebody getting it to work). You also can't use the DOS command prompt interface within Windows - needs to be "pure" DOS.

You also need a "dumb" OBD cable... a dongled Ross-Tech VAG-COM/VCDS cable, even serial versions, will *not* work. eBay is a good source, though QA/QC of eBay cables can often be suspect, as you might imagine.

Search VDS-PRO and DOS and you'll get plenty of hits. Here is the tutorial on running it:
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=1442614&postcount=10

Last edited: