Coding procedure for CCM Window Modification

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
Has anyone with a GOLF(with a sunroof) tried this modification? MOGOLF is reporting that his Sunroof doesn't close. I don't have one so I have no idea.

You sedan guys have any sunroof issues?

Lito

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ok check what I posted. I just got a phone call from Glen. Everything works. Thanks for the feedback Moondawg.

L

AidyBee

TDI
2002 Golf GTi TDi 150
Hi Guys - very interesting thread indeed...

Does anyone here have a Golf with sunroof and a 1C0 959 799B CCM ?

I'd be really interested in getting a full dump of the eeprom to compare with my own - KVW100 doesn't *quite* work with the "B" CCM's yet...

From VAG.COM, my module is a: "1C0 959 799 B - 1X Komfortgerát HLO 0003"

Would be really grateful to hear from anyone with compatible module...

thanks...

Adrian.

Last edited:

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
AidyBee said:
Hi Guys - very interesting thread indeed...

Does anyone here have a Golf with sunroof and a 1C0 959 799B CCM ?

I'd be really interested in getting a full dump of the eeprom to compare with my own - KVW100 doesn't *quite* work with the "B" CCM's yet...

From VAG.COM, my module is a: "1C0 959 799 B - 1X Komfortgerát HLO 0003"

Would be really grateful to hear from anyone with compatible module...

thanks...

Adrian.
You really need to read the entire thead. MickyTDI has that exact module and has been struggling with it.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=1446701&postcount=69

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=1446718&postcount=70

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=1448003&postcount=86

AidyBee

TDI
2002 Golf GTi TDi 150
tongsli said:
Thanks Tongsli - I have - and several other threads besides...

I know Micky TDI has the same problem; we were both affected by the same KVW100 upgrade (I'm one of the other's he referred to).

The guys from the other forum are are currently trying to find a 1C0 959 799 B to send to VAGproduct in China but they don't seem to be having much luck. In the meantime, something Micky said to me the other day made me think that if we can get a dump of a known good module and if we know what blocks the KVW100 updates, we might be able to affect a make-shift manual repair while the Chinese do their thing...

Last edited:

Nihilator

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 1.8t wagon
mickyTDI said:
Just out of interest, can that DOS program do a hex dump?
I'd love to find a way to do just that. It's not obvious in the program if it can be done or not, but there is a logging procedure, and the ability to run scripts, but no instructions on the syntax for scripts...

--Chris

moondawg

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Galactic Blue Jetta
It would be a damn sight easier to find stuff about this with google if "VDS" wasn't a computer industry abbreviation for "Virtual Domain Server"

moondawg

aRd

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 Golf TDI PD
AidyBee said:
Thanks Tongsli - I have - and several other threads besides...

I know Micky TDI has the same problem; we were both affected by the same KVW100 upgrade (I'm one of the other's he referred to).

The guys from the other forum are are currently trying to find a 1C0 959 799 B to send to VAGproduct in China but they don't seem to be having much luck. In the meantime, something Micky said to me the other day made me think that if we can get a dump of a known good module and if we know what blocks the KVW100 updates, we might be able to affect a make-shift manual repair while the Chinese do their thing...
AidyBee has someone ask the question from the KVW100 developer/seller which blocks have been updated for the 1C0 959 799B module.

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
aRd said:
AidyBee has someone ask the question from the KVW100 developer/seller which blocks have been updated for the 1C0 959 799B module.
The problem isn't which blocks have been modified, but which blocks have been modified incorrectly.

I'm sure the KVW100 can be undone which brings you back to where you started. If I were selling the KVW100 I wouldn't let folks know something which would essentially eliminate my market.

He needs to know the existing so that he can figure out what values shouldn't have been changed or what the correct value should be. As long as he is standing by his product and providing customer support then you guys will be fine.

He helped me fix my problem and I didn't even buy the KVW100 for my 2000 Bora. I know he'll get you guys straightened out.

Lito

Last edited:

AidyBee

TDI
2002 Golf GTi TDi 150
Hi aRd... Yeah - I've asked Raams if he can ask them. Don't want to cut him out of the loop seeing as he's spearheading the recovery effort with the guys from VAG Product.

Lito... You're completely correct and I have no doubt that the guys at VAGproduct will help us to get the right code (ie. OEM + correct blocks).

However, this fix relies on us finding a 1C0 959 799 B (although there are different suffixes of the B-version, I *hope* they have the same basic software) so that the guys in China can run tests and correct their coding. This looks like it'll take a while and, in the meantime, my car (and several others) have no alarm (well, no alarm sounder).

Given the circumstances, I'd like to investigate a roll-back to something that works correctly and offers me some level of security. It's easier for me to roll back to OEM rather than to correct VAGproduct's errors (given that I'm not as smart as the guys at VAGproduct!). I'm not gonna start wildly guessing codes and flashing them into the CCM, but it beats sitting on my backside doing nothing...

As for VAGproduct being wary of providing details becasue people might reverse engineer the KVW100 - that could just as easily be done without their help by comparing any successfully updated CCM with a virgin unit to see what blocks are changed. ie. there should be no disadvantages for them in doing so.

I know you're right and that we'll end up OK; I'm just jumpy about the car alarm being a bit of a toothless tiger for the next couple of weeks...

Does anyone have any other ideas of how we might move this forward or dump the contents of the CCM eeprom?

Thanks...

A.

Last edited:

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Does anyone have any other ideas of how we might move this forward or dump the contents of the CCM eeprom?
Yes. Get an original 1C0 959 799B CCM along with a modified 1C0 959 799B CCM, open them up read the eprom from both CCM's and use a piece of sofware that can compare both of them. Most chip tuners have the technical skills and software to do this.

Compare the values and put them back to the original numbers. This should get you back to stock.

Last edited:

AidyBee

TDI
2002 Golf GTi TDi 150
erm... perhaps I've not made myself clear, that's what I'm suggesting and that's why I wanted someone with a working 1C0 959 799B to send me a dump of the eeprom...

:confused:

this is where I came in....

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
AidyBee said:
erm... perhaps I've not made myself clear, that's what I'm suggesting and that's why I wanted someone with a working 1C0 959 799B to send me a dump of the eeprom...

:confused:

this is where I came in....
Well, you're going to need to rely on your fellow UK VW owners. The suffix B, 1C0 CCM is "GB" market only. (GB = Great Britain)

We know people here with the technical skills, but getting the suffix B, 1C0 CCM is still the problem. The list looks pretty short so far: ARD, MickyTDI and you.

Do you know any chip tuners in the UK?

Last edited:

AidyBee

TDI
2002 Golf GTi TDi 150
Thanks Lito - if you guys keep your eyes open for us, that'd be excellent.

Sadly me and MickyTDI (Both B-modules) are affected and aRd has a 1J0 module...

We'll let you all know how we get on...

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Have you UK guys tried going into 46-Convenience module (with Vag-com) and configure the channels for door lock/door beep?

Just try enabling and disabling it. Does this do anything?

46 - Central Convenience: -- KWP1281Only on vehicles with power windows. VAG-COM fine. There are numerous options/ features that can be set.
Selective Unlocking:
[Select]
[46 - Cent. Conv.] (35 - Cent. Locking for manual window cars)
[Recode - 07]

Write down the existing coding for future reference.
Enter 5-digit code from below
[Do It!]

Look at the existing Soft. Coding. If you have selective unlocking (press the unlock button on the remote once to open the driver's door, twice to open all the doors) the last digit of your coding should be an even number. To make all doors unlock, add 1 to the coding.
So, if you have a 2-door 2002 GTI that is coded for selective unlocking (00064) add one to make it 00065 so that all doors unlock with one press of the unlock button.
Lock/Unlock Horn/Flash:
[Select]
[46 - Cent. Conv.]
(35 - Cent. Locking for manual window cars)
[Adaptation - 10]
Channel (03..08)
Adaptation Value (1 = on, 0 = off)
[Save]

Channel 03 Auto Lock
Channel 04 Auto Unlock
Channel 05 Unlock, horn sounds
Channel 06 Lock, horn sounds
Channel 07 Unlock, turn signals flash
Channel 08 Lock, turn signals flash

Lito

Fuzzball

TDI
Mark IV R32 DBP
Nihilator said:
There's a .zip file available on the Passat Forums post. It's the actual VDC-PRO boot disk image. Worked for me (to an extent...see below) ...I just had to hit F12 as my 600m was booting through BIOS to do the one-time boot option thing.

But the values didn't work for me.

I have a 1C0 959 799 C, as confirmed in a VAG-COM scan:

The addresses that should work (04361 through 04363) all hold values of 202. Actually, the whole line is:

.. 0 .. 1 .. 2 .. 3 .. 4 .. 5 .. 6 .. 7 .. 8 .. 9
202 202 202 181 181 181 .. 2 .. 2 .. 2 .. 6

I looked at the other possible locations, and nothing else was similar to what's been posted.

Any suggestions?

--Chris
Change it to 194. I say this since I noticed a pattern. I'm going to refer back to the information in the first post in this thread: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=148070

For 1J0 959 799 CCMs in the first group of Memory Addresses they're changing 8 to 2 or just subtracting 6. In the second group of Memory Addresses they're adding 4 to each value.

For 1C0 959 799 CCMs the values of Memory Addresses 04361-04363 are being subtracted by 8. Therefore the following table should be accurate:

1C0 959 799 C
Code:
Memory Address / old value / new value
04361 / 202 / 194
04362 / 202 / 194
04363 / 202 / 194
I'd try it myself, but I don't have a VAG-COM cable handy. I'll try and post some results once I find someone local with a cable I can use.

AidyBee

TDI
2002 Golf GTi TDi 150
Hi Lito,

I've turned the lock / unlock beep on and off a couple of times since doing the KVW100 upgrade. I've left it off as I wanted to try to minimse the demands on the incorrect sections of code. Ran several tests on the alarm after that and it didn't bring the sounder back. :(

In another post on UK-MKIVS, I've described how since the KVW100 upgrade, the VAG.COM "Check Outputs" function seems to crash once it cycles through the tests and tries to operate the sounder. It used to be able to run the outputs test over and over...

Bit late to try it tonight, but I'll try turning all the features on and off tomorrow morning...

thanks...

A.

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A,

the other thing you could try is going into 46, adaptation, channel 00. Hit save to restore factory defaults. See if this does anything.

AidyBee

TDI
2002 Golf GTi TDi 150
Ahh... interesting... channel 00 is like reset then? do I change the value to 1 or just hit save? Oh, and before I hit the big red button, what defaults will it restore? the adaption codes or softcoding too?

Thanks Lito...

A.

aRd

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 Golf TDI PD
I'll be recoding my friend's RHD UK spec CCM 1C0 959 799 B (2002 Bora) using VDS Pro

I assume these will be right addresses to change, substract 8 from the existing values at these address :

04361 / 74 / 66
04362 / 74 / 66
04363 / 74 / 66

I'll keep you guys posted

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I'm not a vag-com expert by any means and I can't tell you technically what it does, but I know when we would try to install clusters, which were giving us problems, we'd hit 00, and save which would always help.

Likewise, when I installed ESP with a used ABS controller I had to do the same before it took the software coding I was attempting. It's almost like clearing out the number of keys you've got coded before trying to re-code all your keys again.

It won't change any of your software coding. If you need a more technical answer try posting this question in the OBDII forum section or try searching www.ross-tech.com

If you find the exact technical answer, will you please post it? I know it won't harm anything if that's what you're worried about. Again, it won't change any of the software coding that you've got in there right now.

Hope this helps

Lito

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ARD,

Can you please post whether the guy has a single or double din? And, if it works a can you try 4 instead of 8?

I would like to know if using 4 will keep the FOB functions but disable the factory windows-down-with-the-key in the door lock.

thanks,

Lito

aRd said:
I'll be recoding my friend's RHD UK spec CCM 1C0 959 799 B (2002 Bora) using VDS Pro

I assume these will be right addresses to change, substract 8 from the existing values at these address :

04361 / 74 / 66
04362 / 74 / 66
04363 / 74 / 66

Last edited:

AidyBee

TDI
2002 Golf GTi TDi 150
tongsli said:
A,

the other thing you could try is going into 46, adaptation, channel 00. Hit save to restore factory defaults. See if this does anything.
Hi Lito,

Sadly no joy with any of these...

Appreciate your help anyway...

A.

AidyBee

TDI
2002 Golf GTi TDi 150
aRd said:

04361 / 74 / 66
04362 / 74 / 66
04363 / 74 / 66

Would be very interested to hear how you get on - specifically if the windows auto-close, etc.

Also, if we figure out how to use a script to dump the contents of the CCM eeprom, would your friend be OK to send me the image? Not heard any more on a fix for the KVW100 so need to keep a "Plan-B" in mind.

thanks...

A.

ludikris

Veteran Member
TDI
Colorado diesel
Kvw 100

From what I understand, this kvw100 device is a one time use and sits on the shelf ????
If this is true does anyone wanna sell theirs ??? or does anyone have one in Toronto that they can use on my jetta ???

I dont wanna get the alientech or the autowindow device..

Chris.