Coding procedure for CCM Window Modification

Occams_Razor

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon, 2003, Reflex Silver
Nate_Grauvogel said:
Whoops - missed your post somehow. I did read the whole thread, honest! :D

What variations have you tried? I wish I had a cable to experiment with...
I tried add 4 and delete 8 and, and, and, I don't remember.

The addresses that are listed here for the earlier beetle don't seem to be the correct ones for a 2002.5 and above.

superfastsilver

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon, 2005, Indigo
If I understand correctly, I don't need to purchase Vagproduct KVW100 if I have a rs-232 cable and vds pro?

I already have an alientech, and I would like to try this for my wife's passat.

BTW, this thread ROCKS! :D

volmaniac

Veteran Member
McFadden's Ford, Stones River NMP M'boro, TN
TDI
02 Golf GLS
compu_85 said:
Has anyone else had problems with their vag cables after doing this? My Uni-Com suddenly stopped working. The light comes on, but nobody's home...

-J
yep my cable won't work with vagcom now....:mad: one of the vagcom suggestions is that the k-line is "stuck", is there a way to get it "un-stuck" :confused:

for the record, my CCM 1C0 959 799 C (2002 golf)

Memory Address / old value / new value
04361 / 138 / 66
04362 / 138 / 66
04363 / 138 / 66

TeleDawg

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GLS, 2004, Reflex Silver
Alpha-bid Serial Vag-Com Cable 409.1 KKL Interface Works!

TeleDawg said:
FWIW... I've tried this cable (eBay Link) using a Dell C600 labtop with the Boot CD with NO luck. BTW, the cable works fine with VAG COM 409.

Still looking for a solution... :mad:

T.D.
Update:

I just got this cable/laptop combo to work and was succesful in modding my 1C0 959 799C CCM in my 2004 Golf GLS TDI. :D :D :D :D

(I ended up having to create a new Win98 MS-DOS boot cd image with the correct VD.CFG config file on it)

Here is the commented VDS-Pro VD.LOG file from the session:

START: 30.09.2006 22:40:08

VDC-Pro VAG Remote Keyfob window rolldown with unlock button hold
and Remote Keyfob window rollup/sunroof close with lock button hold.
1C0 959 799C CCM in 2004 Golf GLS TDI.
Address/Old/New
04361/138/130
04362/138/130
04363/did not change

ID : 1C0959799C
ID : 8C Komfortge
ID : rßt HLO 0003
ID : Parameter code 258, workshop code 0
01:10,26 LOGIN : 19283, workshop 222
01:20,95 SER R 04361 $1109 : 8A 8A 8A B5 B5 B5 60 60 60 04
01:43,50 ROM W 04361 $1109 : 82
01:43,60 ROM W 04361 $1109 : PS = $82
02:09,47 ROM W 04361 $110A : 82
02:09,57 ROM W 04361 $110A : PS = $82
02:15,64 03 7C 06
02:15,64 Contact break
STOP: 30.09.2006 22:45:31
T.D.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
I'm doin this to dad's 04.5 Passat.

The CCM PN is 1C0 959 799C, but at memory address 04361-63, the value is 202, not 138.

Think I should try 194 in the first 2 and see what happens?

EDIT: Setting addresses 04361 and 04362 to 194 works perfectly. The windows will open, and the sunroof and windows will close.

-Jason

Last edited:

hutchman

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI 5 Spd. / 2002 Jetta GLS TDI / 2013 Jetta CR 2.0 DSG / 2012 Touareg Executive Series TDI
Yup, as long as you clear bit 3 (or subtract 8 in dec.) at those addresses it appears to do the trick :).

compu_85 said:
I'm doin this to dad's 04.5 Passat.

The CCM PN is 1C0 959 799C, but at memory address 04361-63, the value is 202, not 138.

Think I should try 194 in the first 2 and see what happens?

EDIT: Setting addresses 04361 and 04362 to 194 works perfectly.

-Jason

superfastsilver

Veteran Member
TDI
superfastsilver said:
If I understand correctly, I don't need to purchase Vagproduct KVW100 if I have a rs-232 cable and vds pro?

I already have an alientech, and I would like to try this for my wife's passat.

BTW, this thread ROCKS! :D
SOOOO? :eek:

Nate_Grauvogel

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 T-Reg Exec
superfastsilver said:
Isn't that about the same cable as a Ross-Tech ISO-COM? (Opto-Coupler Based)

I still need to make myself a correct boot CD like TeleDawg did.

I, for one, am curious to see how you fare with that cable.

I haven't had luck getting VDS-Pro to communicate yet, but from what I read just now, it may be a vd.cfg problem, not a cable issue.

superfastsilver

Veteran Member
TDI
Nate_Grauvogel said:
Isn't that about the same cable as a Ross-Tech ISO-COM? (Opto-Coupler Based)

I still need to make myself a correct boot CD like TeleDawg did.

I, for one, am curious to see how you fare with that cable.

I haven't had luck getting VDS-Pro to communicate yet, but from what I read just now, it may be a vd.cfg problem, not a cable issue.
My cable works great with an old version of VAG-COM. I will post as soon as I have time to test it.

Nate_Grauvogel

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 T-Reg Exec
TeleDawg said:
I just got this cable/laptop combo to work ...

(I ended up having to create a new Win98 MS-DOS boot cd image with the correct VD.CFG config file on it)
I'm finding out that I'm a bit fuzzy on how to make custom boot disk images - would you mind sharing a few pointers, please? :confused:

I've got the correct VDS-Pro files I need to add, but am getting stuck on what tool I need next... boot into win98 and use it to make the boot disk?

Thanks!

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI (wife's car)
Nate_Grauvogel said:
I'm finding out that I'm a bit fuzzy on how to make custom boot disk images - would you mind sharing a few pointers, please? :confused:

I've got the correct VDS-Pro files I need to add, but am getting stuck on what tool I need next... boot into win98 and use it to make the boot disk?

Thanks!
If you are still running Win98, you won't need the boot disk I think. The whole point of the boot disk was that XP can't easily handle this 16-bit application, but Win98 can. You ought to be able to launch VDS-Pro directly from Win98 and then make the mod.

I just remembered that I have my old Win98 laptop sitting in the closet. For this job, I may just dig that out rather than mess with my XP laptop.

Nate_Grauvogel

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 T-Reg Exec
I skipped straight over 98 and Me and went straight to XP... that's how long I held onto Win95... sad. So, no 98 machines sitting around. :(

I grabbed a Win98 boot disk creator from http://www.bootdisk.com, made a floppy, and then was able to go back and replace its diagnostic utilities with the VDS files.

It boots and runs fine, but still no joy using the iso-com cable - but I'm not sure that I'm not missing something... I don't know if the port is active or not when running in DOS mode. An I/O problem? :shrug:

Last edited:

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
The procedure is this:

-Place all the VDS files in a folder on the disk
-Boot the comptuer into real mode dos (win 9x command prompt only, etc)
-Run the vag.bat file in the VDS folder
-Press ESC to cancel the autoconnect
-Connect your cable
-Connect to the CCM (enter 46)
-Login with code 19283 (function 11)
-Look up and write down your existing memory values (function 26)
-Change the values (function 27)
-Close the connection (function 06)
-Test that things work as they should!

-Jason

Davin

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS 5spd blk/blk
Success!

As I posted before, my homemade opto-isolated interface would not work with VDS pro... so I ordered this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220029871670

I just got it in the mail (it took about a week and a half, shipped from Hong Kong) and within 5 minutes I was done! It plugged right in and VDS pro connected without a problem.

Gotta love chinese market electronics... it has a little sticker on it that says "Vag-Com". no (TM) though! :D

schwechel

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta, Galactic Blue
I tried and tried with my KEY-USB cable, but as others have said, it doesn't work. Has anyone ordered one of these cables, done the mod, and now has an extra cable? If so I would purchase it from them, for say $5 less than they paid, use it for myself and they sell it for $5 less than I paid. We could pass the cable around to people who want to do this mod, but don't want to have to buy a new cable just to do it. If no one has a cable and is willing to start this I will if I can get at least a few more people interested. (Nate) Let me know either through PM or I will start another thread (don't want to hijack).

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?p=1477365#post1477365

Last edited:

owr084

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Passat GLS, 2005, Stonehenge Gray
Found this buried over at ross-tech.com:

2.9 What's the Work Shop Code?
Every VW/Audi dealer in the world is assigned a unique Work Shop Code. A brand-new factory VAG-1551/1552 or VAS-5051/5052 scan tool will not function until a WSC is entered, and once it has been entered, it cannot be changed. Whenever a Control Module is Re-Coded, or certain Adaptations are performed, the scan tool sends its WSC to the control module and the control module records it for posterity. Thus, if a scan-tool is used to do something like disable certain airbags, in principle, it should be possible to tell who (which dealer) did that. Like the factory scan-tools, VAG-COM will accept a WSC once on the Options Screen. If you enter a WSC there, it will be sent to the control modules exactly like it's supposed to be. If you leave the WSC on the Options Screen at it's default of 00000, VAG-COM will operate in "stealth mode". Instead of sending a fixed WSC, it will put back whatever was already in the control module, with one exception: If it finds the "telltale" WSC (30011) that VWTool/VDS-PRO likes to leave behind, VAG-COM will replace it with something more innocuous."

Last edited:

Nate_Grauvogel

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 T-Reg Exec
I just gave in to the mod demons and bought this version of the KKL serial cable... if it works, it'll add another data point to known compatible cables. Frankly, I liked the way it looked better, and didn't have to pay $2 extra for shipping from Hong Kong.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
Still won't work because VDS has to be run in DOS mode. Unless you have a USB com port driver, you can't use a USB cable.

-J

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI (wife's car)
Nate_Grauvogel said:
I skipped straight over 98 and Me and went straight to XP... that's how long I held onto Win95... sad. So, no 98 machines sitting around. :(

I grabbed a Win98 boot disk creator from http://www.bootdisk.com, made a floppy, and then was able to go back and replace its diagnostic utilities with the VDS files.

It boots and runs fine, but still no joy using the iso-com cable - but I'm not sure that I'm not missing something... I don't know if the port is active or not when running in DOS mode. An I/O problem? :shrug:
So far no joy for me either. I have my old Win98 laptop - I made a boot diskette, and connected the laptop to the car with an old serial cable, and it won't connect. With the same cable and my XP laptop I can connect just fine using the old shareware version of VAG-COM, so it isn't the cable. I suppose the COM port on the Win98 laptop could be fried - I suppose that is the next thing to try.

This is just a crappy old serial cable that I got off of eBay some time ago.

My XP laptop won't work for this - the floppy drive is USB.

graeme86

Veteran Member
TDI
Not yet - fuel is too cheap! - 3.2 VR6 R32
compu_85 said:
Still won't work because VDS has to be run in DOS mode. Unless you have a USB com port driver, you can't use a USB cable.

-J
Foiled again!:(

But this may work just to do the hex dump from the CCM module, right?

Using that Chinese guys .rar program which I have got to run directly in DOS in XP - unfortunately the cheap ebay serial cable itself I was using did not work.

He was just looking for a dump from an unmodified 799 B module to try getting the one touch working in a three door car.

kc5enu

TDI
2015 Jetta TDI SEL 6spd, Blue Silk Metallic
Which cables are known to work with VDS?

So, I have been reading the differing threads about enabling the auto roll-up feature. I have the VDS-Pro software and a Ross-Tech Key-Com serial cable. I am running the software off of a Dos 6.22 boot disk. When I try to connect to the controller, everything times out and does nothing. Interestingly enough, the LED on my cable turns solid red when the program starts and will return green after I exit, but it does not appear to connect. I have replaced the "vd.cfg" with the one provided by Jason (compu_85) with no luck. Has anyone else had any luck with using a Key-Com cable with the VDS-Pro software, or am I correct in assuming I will need to get another cable that doesn't have the smart interface for Vag-Com registration? If I do need to get another cable, can anyone provide information as to which cables are known to work? Preferably an inexpensive cable would be nice since I already shelled out the money for my Ross-Tech cable. Thanks.... Eric....

vwnumber3

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta Reflex Silver
I have a question for those with a wagon. I did this with the KVW100 from Impex on my 02 Jetta Wagon. Works great. I have found a bug or something wrong. Here is the situation: We go somewhere and park the car and lock it as normal. When we come back to the car I usally grab the kid and load him in the car seat while my wife puts the stroller in the back. So here is the sequence:

1. unlock car from fob
2. release rear hatch from fob
3. I open a rear door to load up the kid
4. wife opens rear hatch to load up stroller
5. wife closes rear hatch

Then the horn will beep like when you lock the car. Then the alarm goes off. I can't figure out why this is happening. I can make it happen and it never happened before this mod.

Any ideas?

Mike

Occams_Razor

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon, 2003, Reflex Silver
vwnumber3 said:
I have a question for those with a wagon. I did this with the KVW100 from Impex on my 02 Jetta Wagon. Works great. I have found a bug or something wrong. Here is the situation: We go somewhere and park the car and lock it as normal. When we come back to the car I usally grab the kid and load him in the car seat while my wife puts the stroller in the back. So here is the sequence:

1. unlock car from fob
2. release rear hatch from fob
3. I open a rear door to load up the kid
4. wife opens rear hatch to load up stroller
5. wife closes rear hatch

Then the horn will beep like when you lock the car. Then the alarm goes off. I can't figure out why this is happening. I can make it happen and it never happened before this mod.

Any ideas?

Mike
And I thought it was just me... :eek:

Nate_Grauvogel

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 T-Reg Exec
Is the side door open or closed when the rear hatch is closed and the alarm goes off?

We do that drill all the time, too, and it hasn't happened to me (B5.5V w/non-modded CCM so far), but someone else with the same car/unmodified CCM may be able to get a baseline. With us, I do all the loading most of the time, so the stoller gets loaded after the kids, and I think I usually have the side door closed before closing the hatch...