Code P2031

hubbell92tt

TDI
Jetta TDI
Exhaust gas temp sensor. (Bank 1 Sensor 2)

My glowplug light is flashing and i'm assuming its because of this little guy. It's been flashing since i've owned the car but my fuel economy seems alright... 44-46 highway. Is this putting my car in limp mode? The car has a dpf delete and so i also have a code for the exhaust valve.

The car is a 09 Jetta CR140

If this is hurting performance where can i get one?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

hubbell92tt

TDI
Jetta TDI
Update. Still have the 2031 code but I picked up 2463 on my 155 mile trip home for soot in my dpf but the dpf has been "relocated".

Also getting two codes now for the exhaust flap
One stating exhaust pressure control valve and the other saying exhaust flap.

Help me out TDI gurus

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Update. Still have the 2031 code but I picked up 2463 on my 155 mile trip home for soot in my dpf but the dpf has been "relocated".
If your DPF has been "relocated", can I assume that other emissions components have also been "relocated"? If any parts with sensors are disconnected, you MUST have a custom tune that does not look for those sensors. Did your relocation modifications include a new custom tune? If not, we have found your problem. It is time to break out your wallet and talk to some tuners.

Have Fun!

Don

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Think I'm in limp mode? It seems like the spool up should be way faster for a turbo diesel.
I do not know, for sure, it is possible. A VCDS scan would be very helpful now. I do know that if you are in "limp mode", you are lucky to hit 40mph. Power is significantly reduced and acceleration is very slow. The important thing to remember is that removal of any emissions sensors or components requires a custom ECU tune. There is no way around this simple fact.

Have Fun!

Don

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I just saw your edits to the OP. You cannot replace the sensor, because it is already gone. It was removed with your DPF. EGT sensor #2 is in the DPF. This is your problem and this is why you need a proper tune (or you need to put the old exhaust system back on). Did you buy this car this way? I can't believe that someone would remove the DPF and sell the car without a tune.

Have Fun!

Don

hubbell92tt

TDI
Jetta TDI
The DPF was on the car when i purchased it but i could never get the glow plug light to stop flashing, the dpf code was always there and my gas mileage has been getting worse. So i figured it would need to be removed regardless so i wanted to see what would happen.

When i pulled the dpf off the only sensors i saw were O2 and exhaust flap.

I've been tuning Mitsubishi's for years so the whole TDI thing and actually having to go somewhere to get a tune is a whole new concept that i dont really want to think about haha. I cant see paying someone at the dealership that knows less about tuning a ton of money for a map that they havent even made.

Thank you for all the help so far.

Who would you recommend for this custom map? everyone that i've looked at says they cant do anything about the emissions garbage.

I want to go with Kerma and do the hot swap

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Who would you recommend for this custom map? everyone that i've looked at says they cant do anything about the emissions garbage.

I want to go with Kerma and do the hot swap

I do not know whether or not Kerma does DPF delete tunes, you will have to ask them. Most US tuners do not advertise that they do DPF delete tunes because it is illegal if you ever plan to drive your car on the street (off-road use only). Therefore, I do not know which tuners can (will) do this for you. From what I gather, most of the people here with DPF deletes seem to go with Malone Tuning. They are a Canadian based company, so they are not quite so concerned with US laws as some others might be. It can't hurt to ask other tuners if they can help you, but I suspect that at least some of them will not be able to help you.

Have Fun!

Don