Clutch pedal stuck on floor

akafred

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 jetta TDI
Our 2014 Jetta had the clutch pedal stick to the floor when my wife was driving it. she got it towed home and i was able to lift the pedal and it instantly started working fine again. the clutch system hasn't been touched on this car.

i have checked the brake fluid its full (probably over full) so i don't think the clutch system is leaking, anything else i can check other than leaks from the bell-housing/master cyl?

are there any common issues with the clutch system on this car?
has anyone had luck with bleeding the system on a untouched car?

miningman

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf
I had the same issue with my 2003 tdi. As soon as I realized the problem can be corrected just lifting the pedal back into position, I stopped worrying. Reoccurrences were pretty infrequent.

hikertdi

TDI
2000 Jetta GLS(Sold), 2009 Jetta DSG (Buyback), 2015 Jetta TDI SE DSG, 2015 Jetta TDI SE 6-MT
I have a 2015 and experienced a very similar issue with the clutch having a very short travel off the floor and quickly lead to being stuck at the floor and would not engage any gear. Luckily for me, it happened just as I returned home and was in my driveway. I too decided to lift the pedal and everything seems fine so far about one week later.

I have read some posts that discussed the slave leaking/failing. I checked the level of the brake master and it too has fine. The brake fluid cap was not real tight but seemed adequate. Just to be sure I had it checked out by a mechanic and he could not find any leaks or other possible causes.

I bought this car with 40K miles in 2017, now at 70K. I have not had any services performed relating to the brakes or transmission under my ownership.