Closing banquet dress code?

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
Previous festivals have tried to foist themselves off as a gathering of respectable participants by insisting on a dress code for the final evening's banquet. Will the attempt at perpetuating this myth about the good character of TDIfest attendees be continued?

The Ripster

Veteran Member
TDI
None at this time
It helps with respect in keeping behavior in line with the surroundings, and most enjoy a bit of dining out. Don't feel like looking dapper Jonathan? And it was never insisted on, only suggested and no one ever felt less for it.

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
The Ripster said:
Don't feel like looking dapper Jonathan? And it was never insisted on, only suggested and no one ever felt less for it.
Dapper, OK. Diaper, not OK. I fully planned to have a jacket and tie for the dinner.
I recall the unease of my first "black tie optional" affair when I didn't wear black tie. I just wanted to know if first time attendees should be informed of the suggestion.
Remember the ribbing the VW dealer received as he was the only one NOT in a suit and tie last year?

eluwak

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 5sp Pkg 2 Black/Anthracite
I wasn't in a suit and tie last year... and Jim (dieselgeek) wore a hawaiian shirt and shorts IIRC

S

sooner

when I bring the wife and girlsfriends they are insisting on farm attire, shorts , t-shirt and no bra's.
Will they be turned away ?

suds

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 1999.5, Silver
This is a detail that slipped by us but after some discussion I believe we have settled on a "business casual/semi-formal" dress code. I agree with what Ripster said but if we take it down half a notch people won't feel out of place if they don't want to bring the formal wear. It also seems that we have a few people camping and I'm not sure how a formal dress code would work for them. So, business casual/semi-formal (golf shirt and dress pants/shirt and jacket with dress pants) with the option for going with a tie and jacket for those that want it.

For the women... on behalf of the men here - you'll look beautiful not matter what you wear and for the record that dress does not make you butt look big.