Climatronic

jdias

TDI
Seat Leon 1M
does someone got this file and can chare it again please?
this time its me.
i'm about to do a complete oem install of electric windows on my seat leon 1m 1900tdi from year 2000 and all the pieces will come from a seat leon cupra r from year 2003.
So, the first big problem is that i have 1J0 connections and the donor car has 1C0.
Therefore, i will do a complete install.
I will use the complete interior harnesses that connect windows modules, cluster, ccm, climatronic etc.
Does anyone know if there isnt a problem in this?
as my car is petrol and the donor a gas one.
If you could provide the xls file it would be nice.
searching some help please :(

graeme86

Veteran Member
TDI
Not yet - fuel is too cheap! - 3.2 VR6 R32
You may also need the matching fan control module and wiring too.

On Golf IV R32 for example, Climatronic talks to fan module directly to control the compressor and low speed fans.

jdias

TDI
Seat Leon 1M
You may also need the matching fan control module and wiring too.

On Golf IV R32 for example, Climatronic talks to fan module directly to control the compressor and low speed fans.
which fan control module?
where is it located?
if you could post a picture of it, would be nice.
thanks

graeme86

Veteran Member
TDI
It is under the battery tray on the chassis rail next to radiator - all the wires run into it from the radiator fans.:)

jdias

TDI
Seat Leon 1M
It is under the battery tray on the chassis rail next to radiator - all the wires run into it from the radiator fans.:)
hmm, i'm understanding you now.
so, do you think that the cupra r fan controle module is diferent from mine 1900 tdi?
I read lots of climatronic swaps and in none i've heard of this.
I even saw some references in etka, and everything seems to be very similar, and they dont distingue between gas and petrol cars in this aspect.
I guess you are talking in a case of a full install of AC, no?
In my case i will only swap from manual AC to climatronic.

graeme86

Veteran Member
TDI
According to ETKA there seems to be on Leon at least 3 different versions with air con:

1J0919506K - 4 cylinder petrol/diesels

1J0919506L - 1.6L

1J0919506N - 2.8 VR6 engine version

Looks like all the diesels and the Cupra R (BAM) engine use the 1J0919506K version, so hopefully you have this version now.

:)

jdias

TDI
Seat Leon 1M
According to ETKA there seems to be on Leon at least 3 different versions with air con:

1J0919506K - 4 cylinder petrol/diesels

1J0919506L - 1.6L

1J0919506N - 2.8 VR6 engine version

Looks like all the diesels and the Cupra R (BAM) engine use the 1J0919506K version, so hopefully you have this version now.

:)

hehe, n1 :)
don't saw that there could be that diferent part :S
but to prevent any future problem, i've got for free the complete loom from the cupra R, so i will not only install the climatronic but swap also to the 1C0 electric system, upgrading so to electirc folding mirrors, ading monitored interior and the quiet door locks :)
i guess that in less then a month all will be working (i have only the weekends to work on this :s
thanks for the precisious info ;)

Wankel7

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
does someone got this file and can chare it again please?
this time its me.
i'm about to do a complete oem install of electric windows on my seat leon 1m 1900tdi from year 2000 and all the pieces will come from a seat leon cupra r from year 2003.
So, the first big problem is that i have 1J0 connections and the donor car has 1C0.
Therefore, i will do a complete install.
I will use the complete interior harnesses that connect windows modules, cluster, ccm, climatronic etc.
Does anyone know if there isnt a problem in this?
as my car is petrol and the donor a gas one.
If you could provide the xls file it would be nice.
Is this it?
http://home.online.no/~b-bado/car/Climatronic.xls

Unrelated question....

With the Climatronic system can you use recirc when ever you like? I have been in a lot of other non vw cars with auto climate and it was very restrictive of when you could select recirc.

Can you select recirc when the system is off?

Thanks!

Last edited:

skully

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI, 2013 GLI Autobahn w/nav, 2014 BMW 328d wagon
Can you select recirc when the system is off?
No, but the recirc flap stays where you had it when you turned it off. If you left it open and want to close it, for example, you can turn climatronic back on for a second, hit recirc, and then turn it off again.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
Nice to see there's some activity... Well, 2006 to 2014. Googled and came up with this because I was curious, and then what hits the junkyard yesterday? A 2001 Jetta with a VR6. Already got the Climatronic bezel, one door card, and I'm thinking of going back for other parts, but that airbox sure is tempting...

gmenounos

Vendor
TDI
'99.5 Golf GLS, '01 Jetta GLX Wagon (TDI conversion)