Clicking N75

TDIBrian

TDI
Jetta, 98, blue
My N75 solenoid has been clicking noticeably for the last few weeks. It clicks about 2 or 3 times a second, at idle. I took out and sprayed carb cleaner through it and reinstalled. When spraying into the metal nipple, fluid only came out through the side nipple. The clicking was gone for about two days and now it's back. Is this thing ready for retirement?

My A3 has 145k km's. I've had an elephant hose hooked up for the last 15k.

Brian

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
Mine clicks constantly, and as Go Faster indicates, worry when it stops. I do need to take it off and check to see that it and all the lines are clean though.

I'm installing an oil sep unit over Christmas break and hopefully I'll find someone who'll do my EGR mod so my intake wont clog again!

steve a

TDIBrian

TDI
Jetta, 98, blue
Cool. It just never seemed to click quite as noticeably before. When the clicking went away after cleaning, the solonoid was definately still working fine, I listened with a screwdriver touching it. clickclickclickclick.

So what would be the symptoms of a dead n75? No boost? Too much boost?

Thanks.

Brian

20ValveT

Veteran Member
Ditto here. Mine has been clicking for years. Actually I can remember it clicking since I drove the car off the lot. I wouldn't worry about it.