cleanest tail pipes ever

mxtdiguy

Veteran Member
TDI
'16 sportwagen TDI sel 6mt
One year later, 20k miles and my tail pipes are so clean I can't even find anything to swipe, they look like new.

Pretty amazing

Also, I've never smelled anything from the motor or exhaust, even driving with the rear hatch up

Definitely can't say that about any of the 30 or so cars I've owned in my life

I can smell brand new gasoline cars, especially when starting cold ( stinky ) and accelerating ( catalytic converter smell )

In California, one of the most strict emission states, they only test when the car is hot. A huge difference in emissions between cold and hot. Do our TDI's have a huge difference in cold/hot emissions ?, sure doesn't smell that way.

tdiinsc

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI, 14' Jetta TDI
One year later, 20k miles and my tail pipes are so clean I can't even find anything to swipe, they look like new.
Pretty amazing
Also, I've never smelled anything from the motor or exhaust, even driving with the rear hatch up
Definitely can't say that about any of the 30 or so cars I've owned in my life
I can smell brand new gasoline cars, especially when starting cold ( stinky ) and accelerating ( catalytic converter smell )
In California, one of the most strict emission states, they only test when the car is hot. A huge difference in emissions between cold and hot. Do our TDI's have a huge difference in cold/hot emissions ?, sure doesn't smell that way.
All the emissions equipment and the fact that you have DEF fluid helps a lot. On my 2014, on a cold start i can smell an off smell when i first start it up (from the outside, not in the car). The car is trying its best to warm up as fast as possible, so its gonna smell a little to accomplish it (open loop emissions control). When the car is warm, the only time i smell anything is when the car is doing a dpf regen. On my wifes sportwagen, ive never noticed any diesel type smells, only a slight burning when a regen is occurring.

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
lol he doesn't have def.... the mexico cars come with factory adblue delete

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
also NOx doesn't have an order ;)

99% of the bad mojo you can smell is caught via EGR and DPF.