Chipped.

Thadude

TDI
2001 Jetta
Rocket Chip Stage 2:eek: :eek:

too much rain in philly.. can't giv'er hell.. damn..........

Will have to wait till tomorrow to try it out.

Thadude

TDI
2001 Jetta
well.. I will reccomend RC 1 or 2 to anybody. it is simply amazing.. The nice thing about it is at full power I do get a little smoke so I can "do the James Bond thing" to the tailgaters..

speaking of which, when is your next gtg? I got some free time and will let ya'll give the rc a try

speaking of which, I won the panzer skid plate in the tdifest raffle, will probably install that soon too

Ryan

foxstoy

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS, 5 speed , Red
I also got RC2 lets just say, the drive home thru the mountains was no problem and the speedo has never been as High as it was on the way back from fest :) I guess my next 200k will come quicker, lol

picframer

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta
I did some reading on ths a few weeks ago and it seems pretty amazing what it will do, I am curious, how big a job was/is it to install and any big kicker to your mpg?

Thadude

TDI
2001 Jetta
took 20 minutes. with the A4 golf/Jetta, they hooked up a scanner to the diagnostics port under the steering wheel, downloaded the firmware (computer software that runs the car) to a laptop computer, then they uploaded the rocketchip Stage 2 firmware to my car, one in which rocket chip's owner, Jeff Robertson modified himself in front of me to be specific to my car. and voila, I can roast my tires through intersections :D

very simple and easy, it can most likely be reversed if wanted (I'm guessing here) but who the heck would want to take it off? :rolleyes:

Slave2school

Top Post Dawg
TDI
99.5 used to at least...
Yes pic, everything is retained, it is a very stealth mod unless you know what oyu are looking for aparently.

Thadude

TDI
2001 Jetta
except when I fire up vagcom and look at the VAG # it says ROCKET CHIP S2

that and my rMAF requested is set perm't in the 800's mg/str range:D