Chipped B4 vs. new Passat TDI

days-like-this

Veteran Member
TDI
future A3 TDI-er
I currently have a 1996 passat wagon. It has a Wett chip, Bilstein HD's and is pretty quick. I really love driving the car and was just wondering if anyone who has a similar chipepd B4 could compare it with the power/acceleration of the new 2004 Passat TDI wagons??

I've exhausted myself reading the "new passat" posts so if I've missed this thread somewhere else, I apologize. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

days-like-this

Veteran Member
TDI
future A3 TDI-er
Faster than a chipped B4? Holy cow! You might have just convinced me to put my B4 wagon up for sale /images/graemlins/eek.gif So are you going to get that sedan?

Also, I had a salesman tell me that the new beige interior is darker than the previous "butternut" color. If you've seen it, what were your impressions? (velour, not leather)

Don Splaun

Veteran Member
TDI
None now
Yes the New Passat TDI has more power than my Wett chipped B4 with the timing set as max as you can and still be within the limits. I drove one today and was really impressed with how quiet it is and power it has. I took it on the interstate and my friend looked over and said you are going 85. It did not seem like it at all! Then I took it some windy country roads and once again it was very nice! End of May hurry up.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
I have only seen cars with Anthracite and grey Leather I have not seen one with Cloth.
I am going to order a Northern Green Anthracite leather very soon

voltron1011

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 smart fortwo
[ QUOTE ]
Faster than a chipped B4? Holy cow! You might have just convinced me to put my B4 wagon up for sale /images/graemlins/eek.gif So are you going to get that sedan?

Also, I had a salesman tell me that the new beige interior is darker than the previous "butternut" color. If you've seen it, what were your impressions? (velour, not leather)

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me know if you want to sell the B4.... I am looking for one and you seem kind of close.

days-like-this

Veteran Member
TDI
future A3 TDI-er
right o...I'll keep you posted on my B4...Friends have dubs on it first IF I decide to sell...decisions, decisions, decisions /images/graemlins/blush.gif