Chip for 2007 E320 CDI Bluetech?

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
SOLD 2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
My girlfriend's father would like a bit more torque, power, and fun in his CDI. What are the best tunes, boxes, or chips available? I searched around here but couldn't find any threads.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

NoJoke

Veteran Member
The KD-Box is very common and heard good things about. I'm not a tuning box fan and would prefer to be tuned via ecu. I reached out to Jeff when I had my wagon tuned but he is only comfortable doing the 99's w210's?

If Mark can post some more info that woud be great!

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
SOLD 2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
NoJoke, that's what I'm seeing. Lots of KD box discussion, but the crowds at those forums don't seem to be much aware of tuning box limitations versus real tunes. I'm leery of boxes in general, but the truck guys have really sophisticated OBD connected boxes light-years more advanced than what VW folks can get. So I thought maybe its worth keeping an open mind. I'll give Mark a shout.

Whtnxt, I don't know what happened to Thom and his CDI.

dieselfuel

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
Call Jeff at Rocket Chip. I'm sure he can tune that Mercedes. Although, I do notice you're westcoast, so Jeff is a ways from you...

DubvBenz

TDI
E320 Bluetec
I have the KD-Box for my bluetec. Power is improved, MPG is improved. Supposedly they haven't figured out anything for the latest Urea bluetec's, because the ECU will adapt to altered values. My cousin has some sort of box for his Jetta , it looks very similar and also shares the same two dial setup (one with numbers, one with letters). On his, he can alter his settings either for economy or power. With mine, Kleemann only recommends one setting for each engine type. I'd love to experiment with others, but don't want to be the guinea pig. Anyone tried other settings on their kd-box? More power is always appreciated.

NoJoke

Veteran Member
Gotta check the German forums for any experiences with "chipped" CDI's/Bluetec's...would be nice to get the extra power and emission mods

If anyone has any information on the 220hp CDI must of been a Europe only model. Different turbo? I know the 200hp CDI has a gt2359v.

JoeHafner

Registered Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Jetta 2014
The KD box is made by Diesel Power and re-branded as Kleeman. Under the sticker will be the embossed logo of Diesel Power.

DubvBenz

TDI
E320 Bluetec
The KD box is made by Diesel Power and re-branded as Kleeman. Under the sticker will be the embossed logo of Diesel Power.
That would certainly be disappointing if true, as I'm sure the Diesel Power version is much cheaper than the 800 I paid from a Kleeman importer. Any idea on the ranges of the settings for me?

JoeHafner

Registered Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Jetta 2014
The single channel version which Kleeman calls the KD box retails for $649.00
The two channel is $749.00
This is a photo of the Diesel Power modules from 2 years ago. For whatever reason Kleeman buys the old boxes from Diesel Power Germany and re-brands them. Same hardware, same software just old style box. Peel the label off and I bet it will have the DP logo

This is a pic of the new style boxes brought out 2 years ago.

vwmikel

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'94 Golf Sport TDI
I did a little research on the subject and from what I've been able to tell this looks to be EDC16 similar to what the PD's have, but for common rail with the DPF that uses adblue. So, it could be tuned just as a VW with an OBD programmer.

NoJoke

Veteran Member
I did a little research on the subject and from what I've been able to tell this looks to be EDC16 similar to what the PD's have, but for common rail with the DPF that uses adblue. So, it could be tuned just as a VW with an OBD programmer.
I don't mind being a tester for this :D...will pay for the loaner and everything

DubvBenz

TDI
E320 Bluetec
The single channel version which Kleeman calls the KD box retails for $649.00
The two channel is $749.00
This is a photo of the Diesel Power modules from 2 years ago. For whatever reason Kleeman buys the old boxes from Diesel Power Germany and re-brands them. Same hardware, same software just old style box. Peel the label off and I bet it will have the DP logo

This is a pic of the new style boxes brought out 2 years ago.
What's the difference between the single and dual channel? My box looks just like the top photo, although I haven't removed the logo. Any advantage going with the "dual channel"?

Also, can you recommend alternative settings that I could try out?

majesty78

Veteran Member
TDI
Skoda Superb 3T5 CFFB
If I ever was in the situation that I must use a box vs ECU tune, I would go with Carlsson ;-)

Luckywise I have an old EDC15 W210 E320CDI with stock 197hp/470Nm, which can easily be tuned via OBD...
(see signature *g*)

Regards, Alex

Bobby Singh

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi 3.0 TDI
Alex have you played with 221hp c320 cdi?
Im thinking of getting this next 2005 model maybe.
I think they have edc 16
You think 260 to 270hp is possible while keeping things safe and with no other mods after from ecu tune?

Cheers
Bobby