Chevron Gas Station never again

meangreen

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
Hey folks just want to let people know about what kind of useless Gas Station Chevron is as i drove To Terrace BC from Surrey (where i live) to visit my parents and check out a business Opportunity in Houston BC. So in the morning on our way to Houston i put in some Diesel for the round trip (about 500 km) and looked at the Buisness, so on our way back i stopped in at Chevron again TO Fill my tank for the next morning (5 AM ) trip back to Surrey. Well as i put in my Credit Card at the pump and it sayed my card was declined.. Well that can't be right so i redid the transaction and the answer on the screen said that my card is blocked. Ok what is wrong ? So i went inside and he said you can use your card to buy fuel only ONCE a day. Well i sayed that is stupid and thought he is full of it and there must of been a glitch in the system. So i put in $20 fuel as i had cash and that would of brought me to Burns Lake and i would of filed up at the Husky Station (Just so you know i only fill up at Husky)

Well in the morning on the way home i stopped in Hazelton to get Coffee for a 1300 km home and thought what the hell fill up the tank full so i don't have to stop always . But i did not check at the cost of the diesel and suddenly i saw the fuel was 6 cents a liter more than anywhere else.So at $10 i stopped and i made it to Prince George and i filled up at Husky.

As everyone knows our diesels sip the stuff and in Hope BC (640 KM away)i still had 1/2 tank. Due to it was !0:30 pm the Husky was closed and i went to
Chevron and wanted to fill up the tank (as in Hope the Diesel is 5-8 cents cheaper than in Surrey BC.

Ok i put the same Credit Card in to start filling up and it sayed my card was blocked. Really ? i just used it this morning at a Chevron in Hazelton.. So i used my Wife's card and the same thing. Well i thought to myself that my Credit Card company will hear from me today... So i filled up with my debit car and all was good

This morning i called my Credit Card company and they said last place i used it was in Prince George.. So Chevron never send my transaction threw to my card company and just blocked mine and my Wife's card for the day.

So this COMPANY want's you to fill up once,pay by card,next time with debit,if i would of gone further with cash than.. This CHEVRON COMPANY can Suck my Harry Balls as i will not use them again. I guess that gas attendent was right.

So all i wanted to due is let people know that Chevron does not want you to fill up more than once a day,and if you have a long distance to travel or drive a Gas Guzzler,you better have cash

Happy TRAVELING

Last edited:

TDI smile

Veteran Member
Edmonton, Alberta (b4 BC - LOWER MAINLAND = Chilli
TDI
2002 TDI (ALH) with 513,000 km. First Owner and very happy... No Problems, never left us stranded on the Highway. Average useage is about between under 4 ltr. and 5 ltr. Normal longdistance travel: 4.1/100
What happened to you, happened to me a long time ago. Was a CHEVRON too in Abbotsford. But it said I could go inside. Of course I do not give my CC to anybody else. So - I crossed the street to ESSO and all was good. Cheapest Gas and Diesel for the LOWER MAINLAND is in Abbotsford. EXIT McCallum RD.

meangreen

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
Ha... so your wife really does...
Oh yeah, family friendly site. Pretty darn funny right there.
Harry...
That is what i was trying to do.. not be too explisive.

phaser....At Christmas i drove up there and i filled up 3 times at Husky with no problems in the same day with the same credit card. On your site it says they on a limit of $50-$75.. Yesterday my first purchase of fuel was $10 so not even close to the limit

I am not sure if any of the other Gas stations are the same way as Crapyron but Husky is good in my book

murphyslaw

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 TDI JSW/Sunroof/Nav/Man
Chevrons in the here don't do that. I know there are days I will visit the same station 3-4 times.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
I often fill at the same station twice in a day and sometimes at the same time. When my daughter is here, I fill her tank. I usually need fuel in one car or the other, so we end up at the same station on opposite sides of the pump. Except of course, I won't let her use the diesel islands.

It must be a strange Canadian thing.

Last edited:

meangreen

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
I will visit the same station 3-4 times.
And what do u do there 3-4 times? Are you filling up fuel and pay always with the same Credit Card? Or do buy food or coffee and pay with cash?
Card.. Now i don't car any more as i will not give them my money anymore

kjclow...it might be right what you said about the Canadian thing. Maybe it is only in Canada where they Suck

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
Good to know. I never patronize the Chevron in my city because it is the highest priced one being consistently 30 - 40 cents higher than all the other stations. I think the only reason it stays in business is because it is the last station in town and is right by a freeway exit. Now I'll stay away from them everywhere.

murphyslaw

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 TDI JSW/Sunroof/Nav/Man
And what do u do there 3-4 times? Are you filling up fuel and pay always with the same Credit Card? Or do buy food or coffee and pay with cash?
Card.. Now i don't car any more as i will not give them my money anymore
kjclow...it might be right what you said about the Canadian thing. Maybe it is only in Canada where they Suck

I almost never go inside.

Many times the transactions are back to back filling up the motorhome, or the 150gallon transfer tank in my truck. I only have 1 bank card, no Credit Cards.

Many gas stations, while branded. Are a franchise. each location handles its payments the way they want to. I have heard of smaller businesses only pushing CC's every few days. Guess some processing companies charge fees per cycle so they do less of them.

iamatt

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta 6 Speed manual
Wife works for CVX for almost a decade. We never had a problem like that here in the States. I work for TOTAL but then again never had a chance to fill up at TOTAL being a .FR co. Sounds like a bunch of BS I fill up multiple times a day at CVX with same card no problems.

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
This would be a policy to try and cut down on credit card fraud. I would not be so virulently anti-Chevron if that is their objective.

It is somewhat similar to any retail outfit that refuses to ask for my id to verify the photo ID to the name on the card, or at least take a look to see if it is me. I do not like such places as they have obviously lazy and irresponsible cashier people. A teenage female (I'm a fat old guy) could use my card there to buy who knows what. I am happier when I see places where they do ask for my ID. And I so inform the cashier and thank that person for asking.

Methinks thou dost protest too much.

Cheers!

PH

Last edited:

Mike_04GolfTDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Mine: 2019 Golf R DSG, Wife's: 2015 Golf Comfortline TDI
I tried to buy diesel at a Chevron in Bellingham WA yesterday.

Well, the keypad for the pump was hanging by a cable, and it was pumping VERY slowly, so at $7 I said #%$ this place and went somewhere else.

I hope you find my Chevron story as enjoyable as I have found yours.

@$#% those hosers, eh?

meangreen

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
This would be a policy to try and cut down on credit card fraud.

Well i bought $10 worth of gas in the morning so i feel like they are loosing on there crap fraud prevention. Oh ya my CC has a chip so i actually have to punch in a pin number and it did not ask me in the morning.. So i have a feeling there equipment is not working proper,but who cares from now on.

Hey Mike good one, and Chevron sure has there business in check

Murphey i did pay with the bank card at the end. But who knows if i where to used it the second time it might of blocked it too? who knows

lamatt you said ( Sounds like a bunch of BS ) Are saying what i said is BS or what happened? We already know that the problems don't exist in the States,and cause your wife works for the company than you probally also have there card..
Anyways the company don't want our money so i will go to a gas station that does want it