Check this video out

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif
He thought he would dust a TDI? /images/graemlins/eek.gif Just imagine if the TDI that he ran into had been chipped /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

-Jason

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
Lookint at his dash, it looked like the insight was redlined... I bet the TDI was getting better millage durring that ordeal /images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Jason

Rickstah

Veteran Member
TDI
NB, 2002, green, Eurotek STG1
oh man that was almost not worth watching (chortling) /images/graemlins/grin.gif...I punched it up at lunch getting onto I-40 and felt almost godlike for a moment (glazes over at the possibilities for destruction of his slush fund now that he has gone over to the Dark Side...) /images/graemlins/smile.gif

GeWilli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none in the fleet (99.5 Golf RIP, 96 B4V sold)
yeah and the TDI even had a really crappy shift or two - lost a second or more with that shift...

oh all I gotta say is:
how many horses can you make that Insite? can it be chipped? can you put bigger injectors?

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

can it be made even more fun to drive?

for me:
Can I fit in it? NO

POWERSTROKE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf
[ QUOTE ]
yeah and the TDI even had a really crappy shift or two - lost a second or more with that shift...

oh all I gotta say is:
how many horses can you make that Insite? can it be chipped? can you put bigger injectors?

for me:
Can I fit in it? NO

[/ QUOTE ]
Haha. True.

tango_28

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 JSW(sold 2011) , 2009 JSW RIP 1-5-2013, 2011 JSW
It's more like the fast and frugal /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MaxThrust

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Jetta
Gotta love a thorough spanking. Wait until he creams his first GT Mustang going through the mountains on the Interstate. Even the muscle cars don't have much oomph at highway speeds and the TDI can really shine. I am of course referring to both vehicles being stock. If the GT is chipped, has an after market blower, or both, all bets are off. Same goes for the TDI, then it would be a real spanking against a stock hotrod. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

YMMV

Mike /images/graemlins/cool.gif

runonbeer

Maintenance EnthusiastVendor
TDI
'00 Golf 02M, '10 Golf 02E, '02 UTE 02M
I pulled up next to some woman driving a Prius one time, rolled down my window and asked her what kind of mileage she gets...She said "about 50". So I says "Yeah, me too" Then smoked the tires and blew a big phat soot cloud as I sped away. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

How are you Mac guys playing these infernal windows media files?

Variant TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf Variant, Reflex Silver
The name "Zerin" and the word "Stock" don't ever find themselves in the same sentence.

But the phrase, "Older than Jesus" can be applied to that video clip.

tdi_tim

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
[ QUOTE ]
How are you Mac guys playing these infernal windows media files?

[/ QUOTE ]
With Windows Media Player for Mac, of course! /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

That clip was real funny. Look out, all you Insight owners! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Monica

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2004, Platinum Gray
Yeah looks like he didn't have to try very hard. My grandma could have beat that Insight. /images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif I do really enjoy that the TDIs have some pick up and go when you need it.

Mark@MaloneTuning

Vendor , w/Business number
Blaine, Washington and Vancouver, British Columbia
TDI
'14 GSW TDI, '11 Golf TDI, '97 Golf Variant Syncro 1.9L TDI, '96 Golf 1.9L ASV TDI, '93 Eurovan Westfalia 1.9L TDI, '09 BMW 335d, '17 BMW 328d
[ QUOTE ]
What is "zerin"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Zerin's [deep breath]twin turbo Imola Yellow Audi S4 quattro[/deep breath] was popular and his videos/articles/whatever always feature modified[fast] cars... hence "zerin and stock are not often used together in a sentence"

STNK BG 1

Veteran Member
TDI
NB,2001,yellow
[ QUOTE ]
It's more like the fast and frugal

[/ QUOTE ]

"The Fast and the Frugal" Of course! Starring Vin Diesel! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

BradleyRas

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS TDI Silver Arrow
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

oh all I gotta say is:

for me:
Can I fit in it? NO

[/ QUOTE ]
Haha. True.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should be asking how many MAFs, NV75s, relay 109s, brake light switches, broken glove box hinges, and other problems the Insight has had... /images/graemlins/eek.gif

go ahead and flame me for being the only disgruntled TDIclub member.. I deserve it....

u3fred

TDI
Jetta, 2002, Blue
/images/graemlins/cool.gif I believe if you put wings on a TDI, at 130 mph you could fly. Some one once said, "It isn't the destination, It is the adventure getting there." Have A Great Day!!!

Turbo D

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2000, Tornado red
Now how about a video showing both fuel up to full, and seeing which one runs out of fuel first (time lapse, thru different states). Have odo readings, fuel gauge readings and hiway signs ect.

BTW what is the range on the insight?

trailer_parks

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI 4-dr, Blue Graphite, 6MT
That thing didn't pass with any great vigor, so I'd say that it was probably stock. If it had been chipped, I think it would have took off.