Check engine light codes

Jyell612

TDI
Jetta
Was looking at a Jetta tdi to grab, found one for a pretty good price with around 140k. The guys says the car runs and drives good but has a check engine light on, I asked him for the codes it’s running and he sent me the pictures. It’s running a p2002 p0401 p240f. Anyone out there familiar with these and no what kind of actual problem this is and if I should stay away? Thanks

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Welcome to tdiclub! Lots of reading here on this if you search for the codes. Usually ends up being a cracked dpf causing clogging of the egr valve with soot. Replacement or possibly cleaning it all may be in order. From a recent thread, examining the wiring should also be looked at as that has been purported to be a cause as well. Do some searching and reading while waiting.

Jyell612

TDI
Jetta
Welcome to tdiclub! Lots of reading here on this if you search for the codes. Usually ends up being a cracked dpf causing clogging of the egr valve with soot. Replacement or possibly cleaning it all may be in order. From a recent thread, examining the wiring should also be looked at as that has been purported to be a cause as well. Do some searching and reading while waiting.
Thank you so much for reaching out. I’m in a state where diesel cars do not get emission tested, my last golf tdi I had a dpf and egr delete on, if I grabbed this car and did the same thing with the dpf and egr deleted would it solve this problem then?

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Still against Federal law even though your location doesn't check. Yes it would get rid of the issue as most of it would be deleted and tuned out. Check the ramifications first so you know what you are getting into, possibly. Still an expensive operation whichever you choose.