Cheap Tool PRIMES MK7 FUEL SYSTEM [solution]!

troms

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI S
I finally found a solution! After trying a few of the tools I've seen recommended without success, I am very happy to report that the AUTOPHIX 7610 (bought on Amazon a week ago) is cheap and (among many other functions) it does the one most important thing I needed (and that many of you seem to be searching for).
I have done the legwork for you. That wasn't my intent, as Johnny's looking out for Johnny, but, SAVE YOURSELF TIME AND AGGRAVATION BY READING A LITTLE FURTHER...
My tool arrived with instructions to update it before use. I did. Then when I went to try it, I dug through all the menus and alas, no reference to the fuel system, adaptation (aside from injectors), priming anything, etc... People had complained on Amazon that there was no support, the company is Chinese and they don't respond, etc... Well what do you know, I sent a message using a contact link on their site. They asked me to check the version of the tool's software and reply with a photo of it on the display. I did. Within minutes I received a very polite email saying, "I will have to send you an update that is not yet available on our site." There were also instructions as to how to access the feature I needed. I did it. It works! Once I chose the settings as instructed, I could feel vibration in one of the fuel lines going into the fuel filter, and I could hear the (very) faint sound of the pump running. It runs for about 30 seconds (exactly as the tool indicates), then shuts offs automatically. I even unplugged the tool then clicked my start/stop ignition button to turn OFF my car during the cycle. The pump continued to run until the 30 seconds was up, then it shut off automatically.
I WAS EAGER to SHARE THIS INFO BECAUSE I'VE BEEN SEARCHING, READING AND ALMOST GIVING UP FOR A YEAR. I didn't want to buy the OBDeleven deal, although I almost pulled the trigger on that a couple times out of desperation, but kept procrastinating because the recently introduced iOS version doesn't (yet) offer this function. I paid for the AUTOPHIX tool ONE time, and it has lifetime updates without any further cost. Go team-

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
I think I would spend the extra $99 for VCDS and all the added functionality and customer support it comes with. Nothing wrong with the tool but if I am going to spend that kind of money I may as well get the best. Nice to hear it worked for you though. Others may get some use from this.

troms

TDI
That makes sense. For me $80 was well worth it for a tool that can do everything I need, and maybe work for all other modern vehicles down the road. It can live in my car, and I don’t want the added expense of buying something that runs Windows.

Redrocketdi

TDI
2013 VW Jetta Sportwagen
That makes sense. For me $80 was well worth it for a tool that can do everything I need, and maybe work for all other modern vehicles down the road. It can live in my car, and I don’t want the added expense of buying something that runs Windows.
Hmm. I'm pretty interested in this. So I can change my fuel filter and not need my laptop? I can do the priming on this? I also have an mk6 tdi sportwagen so I'm not sure if it's the same

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

troms

TDI
Hmm. I'm pretty interested in this. So I can change my fuel filter and not need my laptop? I can do the priming on this? I also have an mk6 tdi sportwagen so I'm not sure if it's the same

I don’t know anything about mk6, but this tool is obdII with special VW features. I’m assuming it will do everything you need, but you can certainly buy and return it. I would contact the company via their site to make sure you get the most up to date software.

Redrocketdi

TDI
2013 VW Jetta Sportwagen
I don’t know anything about mk6, but this tool is obdII with special VW features. I’m assuming it will do everything you need, but you can certainly buy and return it. I would contact the company via their site to make sure you get the most up to date software.
Cool thanks! I read the Amazon reviews/questions and people are saying they're able to prime the fuel pumps with this.

confyushus

TDI
2012 jetta
Sorry for bringing this thread back up, but I just bought this tool for $80 on Walmarts website and it really does what has been described earlier. After I updated the software it will prime the fuel pump as well as reset most of the other sensors and stuff I don't understand. But I just wanted to mention that it's pretty decent tool for a good price, hope this helps someone!

tdilen

TDI
2013 Sportwagen
Sorry for bringing this thread back up, but I just bought this tool for $80 on Walmarts website and it really does what has been described earlier. After I updated the software it will prime the fuel pump as well as reset most of the other sensors and stuff I don't understand. But I just wanted to mention that it's pretty decent tool for a good price, hope this helps someone!
Wondering if you could put up the path to priming the fuel pump with the 7610, I just bought one but can't seem to find through it on my own
thanks

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Well when I changed the fuel filter in my Passat, all I did after inserting the new filter, I filled the housing with PowerService to the brim. Then closed it up and put the ignition on for about 30 seconds and then started the car. Absolutely NO problems!
I do own a Ross-Tech Hex-V2 VCDS but did not need or use it for the filter change.

So what am I doing right and others doing wrong???

Deschutes

TDI
Audi Q7 TDI 2012
Hi, new to the forum and getting up to speed on the filter priming subject. I am wondering if using fuel line clamps and a filter filled with diesel purge to limit any potential air volume if the pump priming is still critical? I am heading on a long road trip but really need to change my filter and have a 7610 in the mail. Jetta_Pilot suggested that if careful one could get away with not priming but wanted to double check my interpretation since there wasn’t a response to his. Thanks!

tdilen

TDI
2013 Sportwagen
I finally found a solution! After trying a few of the tools I've seen recommended without success, I am very happy to report that the AUTOPHIX 7610 (bought on Amazon a week ago) is cheap and (among many other functions) it does the one most important thing I needed (and that many of you seem to be searching for).
I have done the legwork for you. That wasn't my intent, as Johnny's looking out for Johnny, but, SAVE YOURSELF TIME AND AGGRAVATION BY READING A LITTLE FURTHER...
My tool arrived with instructions to update it before use. I did. Then when I went to try it, I dug through all the menus and alas, no reference to the fuel system, adaptation (aside from injectors), priming anything, etc... People had complained on Amazon that there was no support, the company is Chinese and they don't respond, etc... Well what do you know, I sent a message using a contact link on their site. They asked me to check the version of the tool's software and reply with a photo of it on the display. I did. Within minutes I received a very polite email saying, "I will have to send you an update that is not yet available on our site." There were also instructions as to how to access the feature I needed. I did it. It works! Once I chose the settings as instructed, I could feel vibration in one of the fuel lines going into the fuel filter, and I could hear the (very) faint sound of the pump running. It runs for about 30 seconds (exactly as the tool indicates), then shuts offs automatically. I even unplugged the tool then clicked my start/stop ignition button to turn OFF my car during the cycle. The pump continued to run until the 30 seconds was up, then it shut off automatically.
I WAS EAGER to SHARE THIS INFO BECAUSE I'VE BEEN SEARCHING, READING AND ALMOST GIVING UP FOR A YEAR. I didn't want to buy the OBDeleven deal, although I almost pulled the trigger on that a couple times out of desperation, but kept procrastinating because the recently introduced iOS version doesn't (yet) offer this function. I paid for the AUTOPHIX tool ONE time, and it has lifetime updates without any further cost. Go team-
Thank you thank you thank you for putting this up. I have had an Autophix 7610 for over a year hooked it up to my VW JSW 2013 and navigated to Fuel Pump clicked on it and it said this function is not supported. I had given up your post inspired me to go to the website, emailed them they emailed me back with an update, which was also available directly on the web site and I just heard the sweet hum of my fuel pumps running for 30 seconds, thanks again Johnny for looking out for me!

lemoncurd

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 CJAA GTB2266
Well when I changed the fuel filter in my Passat, all I did after inserting the new filter, I filled the housing with PowerService to the brim. Then closed it up and put the ignition on for about 30 seconds and then started the car. Absolutely NO problems!
I do own a Ross-Tech Hex-V2 VCDS but did not need or use it for the filter change.

So what am I doing right and others doing wrong???
putting ign on will do nothing for priming the fuel system. and if it did then putting your powerservice RIGHT into the fuel canister would be pointless as it would circulate back into the tank no?

as for what you are doing right versus other people, luck! wether you like it or not, what you are doing is not the correct way and introduces risk into the maintenance of the vehicle. sure it may work for YOU for NOW, but would you rather spend $100-200 on a tool which allows you to do much much more than code lookup on the car AND ensure you are following proper procedure, or a couple GRAND on a new fuel system because of your arrogance?