cheap high torque BHW clutch option

devon1996

TDI
08 A4 tdi swap
I've got a BHW swapped into my 08 A4 and I'm looking for some clutch info. The trans is a 02x and I'm using the 240 mm 2.0 fsi clutch and flywheel but I'm sure that I'm going to slip it when I finish writing my tune. I've considered the RA4 flywheel and rs4 clutch but I don't want to use a lightweight flywheel. Ive searched around for a while and there isn't much out there for solid flywheel conversions with a HD clutch for under $1000. Anyone know where I could get something more stout ?

arazvan2002

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A4 B6 1.9TDI AVF quattro
What are your plans with the engine? How much torque will have? For the stock power, the TFSI clutch will hold.
If you won't pass 450Nm, you can take the BHW flywheel (DMF) and kit and modify it, or buy a modified kit. It's difficult in USA because you had the BHW only with automatic transmission.
If you want a really strong cluth but hard to use as a daily in crowded city, you can chose the Sachs SRE for 2.0TFSI, is the same like tdi and get a TDI flywheel (DMF).

devon1996

TDI
08 A4 tdi swap
What are your plans with the engine? How much torque will have? For the stock power, the TFSI clutch will hold.
If you won't pass 450Nm, you can take the BHW flywheel (DMF) and kit and modify it, or buy a modified kit. It's difficult in USA because you had the BHW only with automatic transmission.
If you want a really strong cluth but hard to use as a daily in crowded city, you can chose the Sachs SRE for 2.0TFSI, is the same like tdi and get a TDI flywheel (DMF).
Yeah I thought a lot the sre. I immediately smoked the stock tsfi clutch lol. I got an RS4 pressure plate and disk I just need to shave 4mm off the plate and it "should" work

devon1996

TDI
08 A4 tdi swap
I use the B7 S4 (4.2 V8) clutch on the 2.0 TFSI flywheel. I machine three 3mm spacers to place under the pressure plate mounting bosses. The S4 clutch is cheap and will hold at least 350ft/lbs.
I had the pressure plate machined. I used spacers but it hit the transmission case with the RS4 clutch since the rs4 uses a 4mm spacer.

devon1996

TDI
08 A4 tdi swap
I run the stock 2.0tfsi/02X bellhousing spacer in mine. Not sure on the thickness, looks like 4mm? I've done quite a few of these and I usually just run the TFSI 02X gearbox as well. The gearing is not Ideal but it works fine for country roads where I live. It turns about 2000rpm @100km/h.
Yeah so the spacer plate is needed for the stock clutch but I spaced the pressure plate out another 4mm and it hit. It was only $150 to get it machined so I'm in this setup $250 total lol.