Chase bays brake booster delete kit?

jhax

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Passat B4V, ALH engine out of a 2002 Jetta, some IE Rods and ASV Pistons. Nothing drivable yet though
Greetings all, I'm considering the notion of installing a chase has brake booster delete kit on my mk2 all swap. The caveat would be the rest of the vacuum lines that depend on the brake booster. I was wondering what some of the work around options were, if any to mitigate the lack of a booster, re routing vacuum lines to accommodate. N75 and turbo use the vacuum. What are your thoughts on the matter?

Justin

GTiTDi

TDIClub Enthusiast, Macht Schnell! Vendor , w/Busi
3 Spruce st Wareham, gateway to Cape Cod Massachus
TDI
'91 GTI CJAA swap,'02 Jetta wagon ALH swap, '03 GTI 1.8T rally car, '03 Sprinter 3500
The simple answer is to remove the booster vacuum supply pipe at the check valve with the smaller nipples on it and cap it off. The system does not care if the booster is there or not. Include a vacuum storage ball like mk4s have if you are concerned. If you are running a wastegate turbo the only thing your mk2 cares about is getting a good vacuum supply to the HVAC panel which works off of vacuum (not just the recirculation flap)

Greetings all, I'm considering the notion of installing a chase has brake booster delete kit on my mk2 all swap. The caveat would be the rest of the vacuum lines that depend on the brake booster. I was wondering what some of the work around options were, if any to mitigate the lack of a booster, re routing vacuum lines to accommodate. N75 and turbo use the vacuum. What are your thoughts on the matter?

Justin

jhax

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Passat B4V, ALH engine out of a 2002 Jetta, some IE Rods and ASV Pistons. Nothing drivable yet though
Thank you for the reply, I am running an ALH with a VNT though, I will be running the vacuum ball reservoir. I would suspect to cut the vacuum to booster supply line after that smaller nipple, I am also removing n239 and n18. So it would look like I cap off the supply line on the Left side of the 10 in the photo in this link https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.ph...ams-stock-modified.290286/page-3#post-5418044. Or even see if I could just find a reducer from the vacuum pump to that check valve that goes before the N75.

GTiTDi

TDIClub Enthusiast, Macht Schnell! Vendor , w/Busi
3 Spruce st Wareham, gateway to Cape Cod Massachus
TDI
'91 GTI CJAA swap,'02 Jetta wagon ALH swap, '03 GTI 1.8T rally car, '03 Sprinter 3500
No, you would cap off the check valve (10) on the RIGHT side. Simple as that. Plumb the rest of the system as depicted with addition of a feed line to the hvac connection I mentioned before.
Thank you for the reply, I am running an ALH with a VNT though, I will be running the vacuum ball reservoir. I would suspect to cut the vacuum to booster supply line after that smaller nipple, I am also removing n239 and n18. So it would look like I cap off the supply line on the Left side of the 10 in the photo in this link https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.ph...ams-stock-modified.290286/page-3#post-5418044. Or even see if I could just find a reducer from the vacuum pump to that check valve that goes before the N75.

jhax

Veteran Member
TDI
Thank you sir