Charge Pressure Control Code

Taggs

TDI
Jetta, 2001, Blue
My Jetta popped a code today for the first time in about a year. The code is#17964.(Charge Pressure Control: Negative Deviation). I do not have a manual for the car. Is this a senser or a computer function that has gone bad? Thanks, Dave

ymz

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
The ECU isn't seeing enough boost...

Check for vaccuum leaks, and see if you can check the N75 valve... (Vag-Com)... could also be the linkage on the turbo actuator... do a search on checking and freeing it up...

Yuri.

rdkern

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Passat 1997 silver (sold after 11 years), Jetta 2000 atlantic blue
Based onb your profile, you have an 01 Jetta. This could be an N75 issue, or one of the hoses that go to the N75, or possibly a split in your turbo/intercooler hose. Other options are possible, but start with the rubber/plastic hoses. Replace the small ones, and remove and inspect the big ones.

pghPAtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2001, White, Leather
My boss was getting - deviation CEL and his VNT rod would not move from the up position. He went on to replace the turbo. Brought the old one home and sprayed some penetrating fluid into the actuator annnnnnnnnnd POP. It was only stuck.

Sh!tty

Dave

Taggs

TDI
Jetta, 2001, Blue
I am sorry for the late responce. I will investigate the problem today and post the results. Thanks, Dave