Chapin, SC GTG January 22nd, 2011 Rocketchip Tunes

DanG144

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 A4 Jetta 5spd
So far the list of stuff left at the GTG is:
one set of rhino ramps.
fancy coffee cup and Blackberry charger (owner knows.)

Still left over from earlier GTG:
Fan
cable tool (owner knows)

Does anyone know of anything else they are missing?

tcp_ip_dude

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Sedan
So far the list of stuff left at the GTG is:
one set of rhino ramps.
fancy coffee cup and Blackberry charger (owner knows.)

Still left over from earlier GTG:
Fan
cable tool (owner knows)

Does anyone know of anything else they are missing?
I think I left a few pounds of BBQ there. :D

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
did anyone get a final count on how many cars/people showed up to this gtg?

would have loved to come, but mr weather said no way.

DanG144

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 A4 Jetta 5spd
We checked off 42 member's cars. Landon said he knew of at least 8 more that showed up who were not on the clipboard.

We are guessing 50 cars and 75 people.

We really could have used you, Paramedick and Eric - but I would not have risked my car either.

NewbeeMC9

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 6-speed
The ramps belong to the guy from Colombia that had the passat that you taped the engine speed sensor connectors. He got a rc also.

schoolsout

Veteran Member
TDI
06.5 Jetta TDI DSG
Sorry I missed this event...
Some changes at work lately have had me covered up with a good bit of stuff I normally never had to do.

DanG144

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 A4 Jetta 5spd
I went down to Florida this weekend, and was within 80 miles or so of BogieRudy, so I went over to his place.

Bogie left our GTG with his car dying periodically do to fuel starvation. It was a plugged 'C' model fuel pickup assembly. The check valve in the fuel outlet line was plugged with junk.

We changed him out to a spare 'D' model assembly that someone had left in the shop a year or two ago when they installed a lift pump into their ALH. This one still has the check valve, but the valve was not plugged. Bogie knows to drill it out if he has any issues (I did not have time to drill it out before I left for Florida). His car was running much better.

I chastised him for leaving without us fixing his car. It took him 12 hours to do a normally 8 hour drive home.

He still has a sticky turbo (overboosts) but this may burn itself free, now that it can get some fuel. If not we can clean the turbo some day. At least it will run without having to pull over to let the fuel filter slowly refill.

DanG144

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 A4 Jetta 5spd
Not really. Fuel delivery issues do not show up well on the VCDS. You can see the gross effects, but no flags or clear indicators.
You could easily tell, though because there was fuel in the tank and none in the injectors.
You could pull a 10" hg vacuum with the mityvac on the fuel line and only get a tiny seep of fuel, and it would hold the vacuum, not bleed down. Normally you get copious fuel flow with only 5"hg vacuum.

sullyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta TDI
Sorry I missed it

Just wanted to say sorry I missed the GTG Dan, Its been a while since Ive been on the board and up at Dan's.

Look forward to seeing everyone soon.

Last edited: